Stun Condition Monitor - 10
Overflow Boxes - 3
Physical Limit - 4
Mental Limit - 6
Social Limit - 7

-- Qualities --
Lightning Reflexes (-20 Karma)
Trust Fund (-5 Karma)
Corporate Limited SIN - Ares (+15 Karma)
Creature of Comfort - Middle (+10 Karma)

-- Skills --
Automatics 6 (+2 Assault Rifles)
Etiquette 4 (+2 Corporate)
First Aid 6 (+2 Gunshot Wounds)
Negotiation 6 (+2 Bargaining)
Perception 6 (+2 Visual)
Pistols 6 (+2 Tasers)
Survival 6

-- Skill Groups --
Acting 5
Athletics 1
Stealth 5

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
English N
TBD - 18 Free Points

-- Gear --
Ares Victory - Free from Lifestyle
Armor Jacket w/ Nonconductivity 6, Insulation 4, Chemical Protection 2 - 4,000 nuyen
Definance EX Shocker w/ Hidden Gun Arm Slide, Personalized Grip, 2 Spare Clips, Vintage - 710 nuyen
AK-97 w/ Personalized Grip, 2 Spare Clips, Sling, Vintage - 1,075 nuyen
Ammunition: 50 Taser Darts, 50 Regular Ammo (Assault Rifles), 50 Gel Rounds (Assault Rifles) - 475 nuyen
Rating 6 Medkit - 1,500 nuyen
2 Renraku Sensei Commlinks - 2,000 nuyen
AR Gloves - 150 nuyen
Trodes - 70 nuyen
Micro-transceiver - 100 nuyen
Gas Mask - 200 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
Disguise Kit - 500 nuyen
Capacity 3 Contacts w/ Image Link, Vision Magnification, Flare Compensation - 1,125 nuyen
2 Silver, 2 Standard Credsticks - 50 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Concealed Carry), Rating 4 Fake License (Smartlink) - 11,600 nuyen
Middle Lifestyle (Apartment) - Paid for by Trust Fund
1 Month of Low Lifestyle (Storage Facility) w/ Obscure/Difficult to Find - 2,200 nuyen

Remaining Money -  45 + (4d6 x 100)

-- Contacts --
TBD - 15 Free Points

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-22-14/2059:16> »
he looks like he would be a lot of fun to play. Were would you bring him once you got in game? Where would you put your karma/$ from runs?

Still don't have a copy of run faster, but i assume lightning reflexes gives d6+1 to initiative? What does trust fund do? Creature of comfort  Middle?
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #2 on: <12-22-14/2110:08> »
Lightning Reflexes gives an extra +1 to Initiative and +1d6. It is not compatible with any other augmentations (be they technological, chemical, or magical).

Trust Fund has multiple levels, but at the 5 Karma level, here's the description.

Quote from: Run Faster; page 151
Everyone knows you’re in the shadows for the rush or to fulfill some kind of Batman wannabe fantasy. Every month your trust fund spills out enough to live off, but just living is boring. A character with this quality possesses a lifelong trust fund or inheritance that is managed by another party (a trustee). The quality has four versions depending on just how rich and shady a runner is willing to be. For 5 Karma, the trust fund income covers a Middle lifestyle with 500 nuyen left over each month.

The character must also possess the SINner (National or Corporate) quality; additionally, the lifestyle they pay for cannot be paid for through other sources and is part of the records connected to the SIN. None of these lifestyles can be shared on a long-term basis, as the landlords are leery of anyone staying at the place and possibly ruining their deal. Note that there is a chance that if the character is caught breaking the law, the trustee may suspend benefits at the gamemaster’s discretion.

Creature of Comfort description.

Quote from: Run Faster; page 153
For the character with this quality, the rewards of a job well done are the finer things in life. Unfortunately, one can quickly get attached to the comforts one has acquired, making the fall seem ever so higher. At the 10 Karma level, the character is used to a Middle Lifestyle, at the 17 level a High, and 25, it’s Luxury all the way, baby. For every day that the character must spend “slumming” it in a lower Lifestyle category, the irritable character suffers a –1 penalty to all Social and Healing tests per Lifestyle category below his chosen level. For example, if the character takes this Quality at the High Lifestyle level and is forced to stay in a Squatter Lifestyle, he will suffer –3 to all Social and Healing tests. Life just isn’t worth living without Cognac.

As for where I would put the Karma and nuyen to work, Karma is definitely going into Attributes, with some minor skill upgrades. The money is going to be spent maintaining a storage facility (and possibly a safehouse at some point), getting Fake SINs, and upgrading all of his stuff. I cannot tell you how many things I had to drop because I was stuck with only 26,000 nuyen as a mundane.

This one doesn't have a game yet, but he turned out pretty well, I thought, so I wouldn't mind playing him.
« Last Edit: <12-22-14/2113:41> by 8-bit »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <12-22-14/2113:38> »
i may need to buy this book for this line alone

Life just isn’t worth living without Cognac.

XD
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

8-bit

« Reply #4 on: <12-22-14/2115:04> »
i may need to buy this book for this line alone

Life just isn’t worth living without Cognac.

XD

Yeah, I cracked up when I saw that line too. I just had to get the quality at that point.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #5 on: <12-22-14/2242:57> »
I like him, take it you will use the taser for melee as well (that is the right one, I think). Lightning Reflexes also adds to defense as well, in cased you missed that line in the PQ. I goofed off with a Sum of 10 Troll Mage (AACEE) and I like where he is going so far.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

8-bit

« Reply #6 on: <12-22-14/2245:46> »
I like him, take it you will use the taser for melee as well (that is the right one, I think). Lightning Reflexes also adds to defense as well, in cased you missed that line in the PQ. I goofed off with a Sum of 10 Troll Mage (AACEE) and I like where he is going so far.

Yeah, I saw it, but didn't think to include it. It's pretty nice, because 11 defense dice even without augmentations or magic is pretty nice, and 7 Edge is fun.

Taser is used for Short Range/Melee, yes.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #7 on: <12-22-14/2328:39> »
Yes to both. My current games' Rigger has 7 edge. My edge 3 adept is jealous.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.