NEWS

[SR5] Human Bodyguard Build

• 11 Replies

8-bit

« on: <12-03-14/1907:00> »
The goal with this character was to have a background in bodyguarding and such; heavily specialized in tanking and dodging bullets. He also has a wide array of weapons to utilize, and 95% of his stuff is legal (if restricted). The illegal stuff is not carried around, for obvious reasons.

-- Priorities --
Metatype D (Human)
Attributes A
Magic E
Skills C
Resources B

-- Karma Expenditure --
50 Total
-25 in Qualities
-10 for 20,000 nuyen
-10 for Logic 2
-2 for Pilot Ground Craft 1
-3 for Contacts

0 Left

-- Attributes --
Body 5
Agility 5 (7)
Reaction 5 (10)
Strength 4
Willpower 3
Logic 2
Intuition 7
Charisma 2
Edge 5
Essence 0.1350

Initiative - 17 + 3d6
Initiative w/ Kamikaze - 17 + 5d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 11
Stun Condition Monitor - 10
Overflow Boxes - 5
Physical Limit - 8
Mental Limit - 5
Social Limit - 3

-- Qualities --
Ambidextrous (-4 Karma)
Exceptional Attribute - Intuition (-14 Karma)
Natural Athlete (-7 Karma)
Corporate Limited SIN - Ares (+15 Karma)
Weak Immune System (+10 Karma)

-- Skills --
Athletics 1
Stealth 1
Etiquette 6 (+2 Corporate) - dice pool of 8 (10)
Longarms 6 (+2 Shotungs) - dice pool of 13 (15)
Perceptiong 6 (+2 Visual) - dice pool of 13 (15)
Pilot Ground Craft 1 - dice pool of 11
Pistols 6 (+2 Semi-Automatics) - dice pool of 13 (15)

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
TBD - 16 points

-- Augmentations --
Datajack - Alphaware - 1,200 nuyen | 0.08 Essence
Reaction Enhancers 3 - Used - 29,250 nuyen | 1.125 Essence
Implanted Smartlink - Alphaware - 4,800 nuyen | 0.16 Essence
Wired Reflexes 2 - Used - 111,750 nuyen | 3.75 Essence
Muscle Toner 2 - Used - 48,000 nuyen | 0.5 Essence
Platelet Factories - Used - 12,750 nuyen | 0.25 Essence

-- Gear --
Vashon Island: Sleeping Tiger w/ Custom Fit, Newest Model, Ruthenium Polymer Coating 3, Thermal Damping 6, Rating 6 Bug Scanner, Rating 6 White Noise Generator - 17,400 nuyen
Vashon Island: Synergist Business Line Longcoat w/ Custom Fit (Stack), Holster, Nonconductivity 6 - 3,800 nuyen
Custom Ballistic Mask w/ Biomonitor, Micro-transceiver, Gas Mask, Transys Avalon w/ Sim Module, Flare Compensation, Vision Magnification - 6,500 nuyen
Defiance EX Shocker w/ Advanced Safety System (Basic), Concealed Quick-Draw Holster, Personalized Grip, Internal Smartgun, 2 Spare Clips - 1,485 nuyen
Ares Light Fire 70 w/ Advanced Safety System (Basic), Hidden Gun Arm Slide, Personalized Grip, Ares Light Fire 70 Silencer, 2 Spare Clips - 2,210 nuyen
Ares Predator V w/ Internal Smartgun, Advanced Safety System (Basic), Hidden Gun Arm Slide, Personalized Grip, Silencer, 2 Spare Clips - 2,285 nuyen
Enfield AS-7 w/ Advanced Safety System (Basic), Gas-Vent 3 System, Foregrip, Personalized Grip, Shock Pad, Underbarrel Grenade Launcher, External Smartgun, 2 Spare Drums - 6,260 nuyen
Remington 950 w/ Imaging Scope, Advanced Safety System (Basic), Personalized Grip, Silencer, External Smartgun, 2 Spare Clips - 3,510 nuyen
Ammunition: Sniper Rifles - 50 APDS, 50 Flechette, 50 Regular, 50 Gel; Shotguns - 250 Flechette, 250 Gel, 50 APDS; Heavy Pistols - 50 APDS, 100 Stick-n-Shock, 100 Regular; Light Pistols - 100 Stick-n-Shock, 100 Regular; Tasers - 100 Taser Darts; Grenades - 10 Flashbangs, 10 Thermal Smoke, 10 Gas (Tear Gas) Grenades - 9,300 nuyen
Rating 6 Medkit - 1,500 nuyen
2 Medkit Supplies - 200 nuyen
2 Renraku Sensei Commlinks - 2,000 nuyen
3 Rating 6 Stim Patches - 450 nuyen
Tag Eraser - 450 nuyen
5 doses of Kamikaze - 500 nuyen
10 doses of Long Haul - 500 nuyen
50 Datachips - 25 nuyen
50 Stealth Tags - 50 nuyen
Gecko Tape Gloves - 250 nuyen
Survival Kit - 200 nuyen
Capacity 1 Contacts w/ Thermographic Vision - 700 nuyen
2 Gold, 4 Silver, 4 Standard Credsticks - 300 nuyen
Rating 4 Fake SIN - 14,800 nuyen
w/ Rating 4 Fake License (Restricted Cyberware), Rating 4 Fake License (Concealed Carry), Rating 4 Fake License (Smartlinks), Rating 4 Fake License (Bodyguard License), Rating 4 Fake License (Hunting License), Rating 4 Fake License (Restricted Bioware)
Yamaha Growler - 5,000 nuyen
1 Month of Middle Lifestyle (Apartment) - 5,000 nuyen
1 Month of Low Lifestyle w/ Obscure/Difficult to Find (Storehouse) - 2,200 nuyen

Remaining Money - 375 + (4d6 x 100) nuyen

-- Contacts --
Fixer - Connection 4, Loyalty 2
Street Doc - Connection 1, Loyalty 2

So, any thoughts? Suggestions? I would kind of like to fit Aluminum Bone Lacing in there, which I can with making the Wired Reflexes Standard Grade. Only problem is, I don't have money for half of my other stuff; and I definitely want to keep all the guns and stuff.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-03-14/2312:12> »
While Wired reflexes 2 are tempting they also deal a realy heavy blow on essence and money. Since you have an emergency stash of Kamikaze you can just go with WR1. Saved you enough cash for your bone lacing.
You might want an actual suit too. I assume that Sleeping Tiger is a sort of a high-tech reinforced jumpsuit, so it may be kind of inappropriate for certain social situations. Please note that this is just an assumption.
What does your LightFire do for you that a Predator doesn't? If it is a throwaway then make it cheaper and buy more of them maybe.
Implant a smartlink and a vision mod of your choice. You've missed that somehow.
Separate your commlink and your mask. Buy a respirator too.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

8-bit

« Reply #2 on: <12-03-14/2320:43> »
While Wired reflexes 2 are tempting they also deal a realy heavy blow on essence and money.

It's actually not even the initiative dice that bother me. It's the losing 1 Reaction (well, the dice is pretty awesome). I suppose 9 Reaction and 10 Reaction don't really have that big of a difference.

Since you have an emergency stash of Kamikaze you can just go with WR1. Saved you enough cash for your bone lacing.

True enough. Although, I would rather not rely on Kamikaze too often.

You might want an actual suit too. I assume that Sleeping Tiger is a sort of a high-tech reinforced jumpsuit, so it may be kind of inappropriate for certain social situations. Please note that this is just an assumption.

Yeah, I don't actually know what the Sleeping Tiger looks like. For that much freaking money though, I assume it's a decent suit with camouflage abilities. Perhaps not.

What does your LightFire do for you that a Predator doesn't? If it is a throwaway then make it cheaper and buy more of them maybe.

Not a lot? I don't know, I like the choice of being able to go with a Light Pistol instead of a Heavy Pistol, if necessary. I'm not absolutely set on that though.

Implant a smartlink and a vision mod of your choice. You've missed that somehow.

I ... I ... can't believe I missed that. That's usually the top of my list. Thanks for the catch.

Separate your commlink and your mask. Buy a respirator too.

Easy enough to do.

Thanks for your suggestions!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <12-04-14/0034:55> »
I would have thought a bodyguard would have  more implants to actually soak up damage intended for their change (maybe through the Protect the Principle" interrupt) yet I see none here. Of course s good bodyguard should spot the attacker before the attack actually takes place. Still dermal plating or orthoskin, and bone lacing would not be out of place.

If you have Gun Heaven 3, in there you can find the Colt Agent Special, a light pistol that punches about as hard as a heavy.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

8-bit

« Reply #4 on: <12-04-14/0047:05> »
I would have thought a bodyguard would have  more implants to actually soak up damage intended for their change (maybe through the Protect the Principle" interrupt) yet I see none here. Of course s good bodyguard should spot the attacker before the attack actually takes place. Still dermal plating or orthoskin, and bone lacing would not be out of place.

If you have Gun Heaven 3, in there you can find the Colt Agent Special, a light pistol that punches about as hard as a heavy.

That was why I want to put in Bone Lacing; 5 Body + 4 from Aluminum Bone Lacing + 14 Armor should be decent enough to soak a few hits.

I do have Gun Heaven 3, and I may switch to that one. First thought was to keep most things Ares, due to coming from Ares as an official bodyguard.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #5 on: <12-04-14/0124:44> »
If I remember correctly augment max of +4 is based current stat, so you can't have +5 to reaction.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

8-bit

« Reply #6 on: <12-04-14/0125:51> »
If I remember correctly augment max of +4 is based current stat, so you can't have +5 to reaction.

That is true, except Reaction Enhancers and Wired Reflexes specifically state that they can stack, and break the +4 limit, if they are both wireless.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #7 on: <12-04-14/0141:06> »
Knew they could stack wirelessly, but missed the above +4 max, sorry about that. Just be careful about deckers and your wireless 'ware.

Any how, the gerande launcher without heavy weapons skills seams odd. As stated about not having a respirator (rating 6) is a bad idea. Sleeping Tiger is actually a power suit that changes color/predator stealth and has a holster. How much is the stack armor from the coat? Cause you might be over your str by two (and the penalties that suck). Until you get the bone modes your soak pull will need some tweaking.  Cause 13+2+(coat)+body 4 = 19 +( coat) which for a Street Sam is low, and anyone that wants your tweaker dodge monkey dead will use BF or FA to eat your dodge pool.  Dice pools for skills look good. I personally like a melee skill of some kind, but that is just me.
« Last Edit: <12-04-14/0203:32> by Rift_0f_Bladz »
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

8-bit

« Reply #8 on: <12-04-14/0142:42> »
Knew they could stack wirelessly, but missed the above +4 max, sorry about that. Just be careful about deckers and your wireless 'ware.

Yep, I'm aware. Running Silent is a must, and if necessary, I can run offline and only use Wired Reflexes.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #9 on: <12-04-14/1204:18> »
I figured, but would suck to have that super pool shot in by some lucky decker.

8-bit

« Reply #10 on: <12-04-14/1209:49> »
I figured, but would suck to have that super pool shot in by some lucky decker.

Very true, I cannot deny that.

Starting to think of just dropping Wired Reflexes all together, or down to rating 1 at least.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #11 on: <12-04-14/1407:05> »
I wouldnt drop it all together, but down to rating 1 might not be a bad idea, but I can see the value in not having it at all, you would still have a reaction of 8, which is really good. As long as you dont mind the chance to become a kamikaze addict who cares, lol (it even fits with combat junkie).