NEWS

Street level sr5 Mystic adept, eventual hacker

• 34 Replies

8-bit

« Reply #30 on: <10-28-14/0030:16> »
I looked at building one, i just couldn't handle being near worthless in combat, and i don't do the drug thing. It would be the easier answer, but i'll roll my dice.
Meh, using 6-7 skill points for Automatics means your really never useless in combat.
Most anyone can be hit when you toss a burst of 6 bullets at them.

but without drugs there is really no way of reliably upping initiative as a techno. All of the reaction enhancements are all magic, technical, or pharmaceutical. I guess you could always blitz, but that's a lame way out. You need that edge for sprite making

Not to mention that gets expensive on your Edge pool very quickly.

The main problem with Technomancers is that you have to lose somewhere. You need A, B, or C for Technomancer itself; likely A or B for Attributes so that you can be useful in some manner; while you still need the skills of a decker which is normally allocated to B, but that's likely not available to you at that point. You lose either on Resonance/Complex Forms, Attributes to make you viable, or Skills to really make you a worthwile hacker. Then again, I have yet to create an adept decker using the Priority system that I like, let alone a mystic adept, so I just think that mundane decker is impossible to compete with under the Priority System.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #31 on: <10-28-14/0057:50> »
This will not be the sort of game where 6-7 dice is "useless"
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

8-bit

« Reply #32 on: <10-28-14/0102:06> »
This will not be the sort of game where 6-7 dice is "useless"

Oh, that's good to know. Still, in general Technomancers have so much trouble with priority juggling it's a little insane.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <10-28-14/0815:09> »
I looked at building one, i just couldn't handle being near worthless in combat, and i don't do the drug thing. It would be the easier answer, but i'll roll my dice.
Meh, using 6-7 skill points for Automatics means your really never useless in combat.
Most anyone can be hit when you toss a burst of 6 bullets at them.

but without drugs there is really no way of reliably upping initiative as a techno. All of the reaction enhancements are all magic, technical, or pharmaceutical. I guess you could always blitz, but that's a lame way out. You need that edge for sprite making
Depends on how the GM lets you do your downtime and if Edge refreshes daily in downtime. It should be doable to build a Sprite Army that way, over a lengthy amount of time.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #34 on: <10-29-14/1955:36> »
Depends on how the GM lets you do your downtime and if Edge refreshes daily in downtime. It should be doable to build a Sprite Army that way, over a lengthy amount of time.
Agreed, as long as this isn't a Missions campaign he would have quite a bit of time to "prep".

Not to mention that gets expensive on your Edge pool very quickly.
Meh, 5 Edge is quite a bit.  You don't have to do it every turn, or even every combat.
There are bound to be times when Hacking will be needed during the combat.
But even if he's shooting.  Most fights are over in 2 rounds.  If he Blitzes the 1st round and the Combat types are doing their jobs, then there shouldn't be much left that he needs to Blitz a 2nd time.