NEWS

Maps for use in campaigns

• 43 Replies

cantrip

• Omae
« on: <06-28-19/1405:45> »
Any chance that Catalyst will ever consolidate all of the maps from various adventures and make them available in some form that is compatible for online use or printing out? I'd slot some serious Nuyen for a consolidated SR map product...

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-28-19/1411:07> »
They had products like that back in 1e.

Surely if they made money they'd have been repeated since then.

Still, the pdf revolution has happened since then, so maybe it could work in an electronic format.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <06-28-19/1417:10> »
I can see a one and done even for a success. There are only so many maps people will find valuable. Does remind me I need to dig up sprawl sites. A lot of online maps while more realistic in scope are unwieldy for things like hospitals etc.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-28-19/1624:39> »
Any chance that Catalyst will ever consolidate all of the maps from various adventures and make them available in some form that is compatible for online use or printing out? I'd slot some serious Nuyen for a consolidated SR map product...

Check out SR1 Sprawl Sites (1989), SR4 Sprawl Sites: North America (2012), SR4 Sprawl Sites: High Society and Low Life (2013).

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <06-28-19/2059:14> »
There are also a number of modern maps/tiles available on DTRPG, for example:

Near Future & Cyberpunk Map Set

Modern Cities Mapmaker Complete [BUNDLE]

Shadowplans

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <06-29-19/0152:18> »
Speaking of Shadowplans, once I actually paint some of my 80+ miniatures I intend to print out the Mall at 200 DPI (about 1 inch a square) on a rollable banner. ;D But I never do make time for the painting.

But there's a big difference between Shadowplans and the kind of maps CGL tosses in adventures and whatnot.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <06-29-19/0748:32> »
Speaking of Shadowplans, once I actually paint some of my 80+ miniatures I intend to print out the Mall at 200 DPI (about 1 inch a square) on a rollable banner. ;D But I never do make time for the painting.

But there's a big difference between Shadowplans and the kind of maps CGL tosses in adventures and whatnot.

What miniatures do you use for Shadowrun? I was looking around, but there don't seem to be any available.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <06-29-19/0756:15> »

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <06-29-19/0758:35> »
Iron Wind: http://ironwindmetals.com/store/index.php?cPath=15

Wait, are those the original miniatures? I had heard they made some back in the early days for Shadowrun, but I was under the impression they weren't being made anymore?  ???

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #10 on: <06-29-19/0803:06> »
Probably old stock. I found a photo of painted Halloweeners on Google that were like two decades old while I bought the same set two years ago.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-29-19/0816:59> »
There are a lot of decent sci-fi/near future minis out there (Infinity is probably the best "line"), but not much in the way of true SR minis. Interested to see how the new release goes for CGL in August. I'm hoping that there will be enough interest to spark KS (like they're doing for BT).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <06-29-19/0819:57> »
Yeah right now the ones I bought are the only official ones so only ones I'm allowed to use at Open Events.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-29-19/0841:10> »
There are a lot of decent sci-fi/near future minis out there (Infinity is probably the best "line"), but not much in the way of true SR minis. Interested to see how the new release goes for CGL in August. I'm hoping that there will be enough interest to spark KS (like they're doing for BT).

I’m more interested in generic SR minis not prime runners. Like knight errant guard, ganger, mercenary, wage mage, shaman etc.

It’s like in d&d they keep releasing packs of special monsters and I’m like cool but I need 20 orcs. The players can custom make theirs if they want to drop money on it. Can’t remember off hand the place that prints them out.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <06-29-19/0856:36> »

I’m more interested in generic SR minis not prime runners. Like knight errant guard, ganger, mercenary, wage mage, shaman etc.

It’s like in d&d they keep releasing packs of special monsters and I’m like cool but I need 20 orcs. The players can custom make theirs if they want to drop money on it. Can’t remember off hand the place that prints them out.
Hero Forge? I do like HF in that you can purchase the digital file and if you have a friend with a 3D printer (I do, and he charges a 20-oz bottle of soda to print it), you can print it out however many times you want.

Cost of the digital file is $10, and my friend says the cost of the materials is pennies.