NEWS

Recruitment: Stormy Waters Subcampaign

• 314 Replies

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #75 on: <01-25-16/1201:12> »
Jesus Vexboy would jealous as hell. :P I like your character though. She seems like one of those savvy vet types. Plus that much con must open a hell of a lot of doors.
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #76 on: <01-25-16/1253:16> »
Savvy? Yes. Vet? Nooooo.  She's a young ex-puppet. She got a head start on life thanks to her not having a childhood at all. Even slavery imparts a certain level of skill. That's why her con is so high. Keep everyone happy, don't get beat with an electromaul. The only other high skill she comes by honestly is her unarmed, and that's only because she practices every day, obsessively, for a couple of years now, with people who know what they're doing.

But if you look closely, every one of her other skills is pretty low. All of her higher skills are ones she bought and had wired in, because she didn't have the time to learn from scratch. She compensated by taking half a million in arnie-awesome vat work, so nature can compensate for where art is distinctly lacking.

But yeah, 67 points of contacts and being able to just bounce in and out of five different drinking establishments (which I chose very carefully), coupled with a charisma that is literally inhuman does tend to mean that social interaction is something she does very well. This is why she can get away with working for the Laesa and Ancients both; its just too hard to stay upset with her.

adamu

« Reply #77 on: <01-25-16/1718:48> »
Working away, but so much luscious information - still unlikely to really launch before second week Feb.

But I'll be in touch individually before then once things get organized a bit.

@Black Bart - started your own fluff thread already - LOVE that initiative! That'll just be more background for me to get a sense of your character with.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #78 on: <01-25-16/1733:31> »
For the campaign on Obsidian Portal, I think I need an invite to join it?  (I found it, read a bit, but sooner or later will need to join so I can post stuff).  My user name is Brex.

(and does anyone know if you can customize your OP portrait by campaign?  Currently I'm using art another player did for my Shaking Down the Shadows character, who will look nothing like my character here (not that I've finalized my character here, or that the character I'm playing there wouldn't have been absolutely perfect for the posting system of this game -- but by design I'll be playing something fairly opposite to that character)

adamu

« Reply #79 on: <01-25-16/1736:09> »
@Aria - can you get Beta a spot on OP pretty please? Thanks so much for doing this stuff!

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <01-25-16/1746:51> »
Working away, but so much luscious information - still unlikely to really launch before second week Feb.

But I'll be in touch individually before then once things get organized a bit.

@Black Bart - started your own fluff thread already - LOVE that initiative! That'll just be more background for me to get a sense of your character with.

Im doing this now.
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

adamu

« Reply #81 on: <01-25-16/1748:20> »
@RaiderJoseph -

reviewed everything - all looks good.
I am guessing you don't have a lot of info on the Seattle Metroplex, hence your address of "low part of town with college students"!
No big, you don't have to be a geek like me with piles of old SR books lying around - I'll set you up with an address when we get started.

Last thing you can help me with - of all those nifty contacts, which are "yours" bought with your char gen resources, and which are the "bonus" ones with the free 40 points?

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <01-25-16/1757:55> »
Jessica was bought with both char gen and extra resources. I only had 3 points to use so i added 4. The rest are minus 36 accordingly.
Thoughts
Mentor

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #83 on: <01-25-16/1806:20> »
@RJ: I'm sitting on every damn book from the last three editions. You want some help with an address or a little bit of color, PM me or post here, I'll help you out.

@Adamu: I think we're all going to end up doing that. It looks like you've pulled together a group with some major initiative.

adamu

« Reply #84 on: <01-25-16/1809:20> »
Dire - I LOVE your backstory!

Going to be a challenge to work a big seaplane into most adventures - fair warning, not really a smuggling campaign in my mind.
But will try to come up with something at some point.
And I have no doubt you have your own ideas...

Do people call him "Des" or "Dee-ee-es"?

So you have Commanding Voice per Stolen Souls, right? And how did that errata go - Authoritative Tone is the new name of the Commanding Voice power found in Street Grimoire? Was that it?

Look forward to rest of your bonus contacts, and whatever other aspects led you to say it wasn't finished yet.

Very interested in where you live...

adamu

« Reply #85 on: <01-25-16/1810:23> »
Jessica was bought with both char gen and extra resources. I only had 3 points to use so i added 4. The rest are minus 36 accordingly.

Cool - so even she is at my mercy!

BrickyardBabe

• Chummer
« Reply #86 on: <01-25-16/1812:08> »
Right. Character bio. Christ, I knew I was forgetting something. This is what I get for having three drinks and devouring "Shaken - No job too small" in a single afternoon.

I second Adamu's opinion, Dire. You're setting the bar pretty damn high here.

And just for reference, Adamu, you can list all of my contacts as Type2 if you want. You might have some trouble justifying offing Rook, since he's a big-league character who's popped up in the canon a few times, but everyone else is all yours.

adamu

« Reply #87 on: <01-25-16/1812:35> »

@Adamu: I think we're all going to end up doing that. It looks like you've pulled together a group with some major initiative.

Well, far be it from ME to tell people not to run amok with their own fluff!

Go for it!

You earn points, I get more backstory on your characters, everyone has more fun.

You can never post too much!

adamu

« Reply #88 on: <01-25-16/1813:16> »
Right. Character bio. Christ, I knew I was forgetting something. This is what I get for having three drinks and devouring "Shaken - No job too small" in a single afternoon.

I second Adamu's opinion, Dire. You're setting the bar pretty damn high here.

And just for reference, Adamu, you can list all of my contacts as Type2 if you want. You might have some trouble justifying offing Rook, since he's a big-league character who's popped up in the canon a few times, but everyone else is all yours.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be messing with one of Critias' pets.
But thanks for the invite on the others...

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
« Reply #89 on: <01-25-16/1815:44> »

Cool - so even she is at my mercy!

What does Loyalty 6 mean in this campaign? Just for reference?
Thoughts
Mentor