NEWS

So is it true about WAR

• 13 Replies

Lansdren

• Chummer
« on: <06-04-11/0715:06> »
Ok, now rumour has it (I cant read German to confirm for myself) that the release of War in gemany has been Errata'd and changed yet I have not seen anything for the english speakers.

Can someone point me to the updated rules in english please - Particually interested in the changes to the slow spell
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-04-11/1101:36> »
IIRC a different company figures out the errata for the German releases, but CGL approves them. 

Why CGL can't just use those approved lists as errata for us, I don't know.  I wouldn't think there would be any intellectual property problems as CGL owns it.

I'm with you though, if this stuff is available in one language, it needs to be available in all languages the stuff is published in.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <07-16-11/1056:59> »
There still no word on the changes?

"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-16-11/1359:24> »
Ok, now rumour has it (I cant read German to confirm for myself) that the release of War in gemany has been Errata'd and changed yet I have not seen anything for the english speakers.

Can someone point me to the updated rules in english please - Particually interested in the changes to the slow spell
Its no Rumour  :D
Fronteinsatz (the German War) has Erratta included. I'm sorry but I don't know about english erratta(and I'm as well in the Dumpschock Forum)
They omitted the Slow Spell ( I guess because it causes too many problems/ inconsistencies (is that the right word ? ) )

HokaHey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <07-16-11/1406:22> »
*Sighs*  Germans seem to get the best stuff...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <09-22-11/2302:09> »
All the more reason to expand your mind!

Learn German!
Then translate the changes to english for us too lazy to do so! (like me for example)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <09-23-11/0035:05> »
Are you kidding?  I failed French.  In the largest Per Capita Francophone City outside of Quebec!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #7 on: <09-23-11/0147:29> »
Are you kidding?  I failed French.  In the largest Per Capita Francophone City outside of Quebec!

That's pretty impressive, I must say.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <09-23-11/0710:06> »
Any chance of some form of official answer or am I just wasting good electrons by asking?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <09-23-11/0913:42> »
I thought so.  My High School was less than impressed.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sengir

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-25-11/1303:45> »
If you fall off a horse, try again in German ;)

Such a beautiful language...

« Reply #11 on: <11-24-11/2029:17> »
I thought so.  My High School was less than impressed.

You know, in grade 9 I did so badly in French that they gave me a pass if I promised to never take it again.
Rule # 1: It's all about me!
Rule # 2: There is nothing that cannot be solved with swift and brutal violence!
Rule # 3: There is nothing that cannot be improved with chocolate!

Nebular

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <11-25-11/0935:19> »
Any chance of some form of official answer or am I just wasting good electrons by asking?
You'll be waiting a very long time. We're unfortunately still waiting on errata for books from 2008. :P
Need a SR4 character generator? Grab the latest version of Chummer, or check out the Chummer discussion for more information!

Leticron

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <03-18-12/2221:36> »
The "problem" with a german/english comparison is probably that you'd have to compare every single rules entry yourself.
Should you have a specific question however i'm pretty sure someone who has the german books (like myself, although i do not own WAR - jet) could look it up.