adzling

« Reply #45 on: <07-08-15/1446:38> »
i likey too!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-08-15/1600:02> »
Here's how it should have looked:

Move-by-Wire
Rating 1: +1 Reaction, +2 Initiative, +1d6 Initiative, +1 die for Athletics and Stealth -- 2.5 Essence, 200,000 nuyen
Rating 2: +2 Reaction, +4 Initiative, +2d6 Initiative, +2 dice for Athletics and Stealth -- 4.0 Essence, 350,000 nuyen
Rating 3: +3 Reaction, +6 Initiative, +3d6 Initiative, +3 dice for Athletics and Stealth -- 5.5 Essence, 550,000 nuyen
Rating 4: +4 Reaction, +8 Initiative, +4d6 Initiative, +4 dice for Athletics and Stealth -- 7.0 Essence, 1,000,000 nuyen
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-08-15/1603:10> »
Here's how I think it should have looked:
Fixed!

I don't agree with that at all, but thank you for contributing.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #48 on: <07-08-15/1842:24> »
PJ's suggestion is good ... Me likey!
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

PJ

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <07-08-15/2154:05> »
Thanks for all the kudos folks; this was/is my favorite augmentation (even though I never got to play it, haven't played since 2nd edition).  I like how Wakshaani changed it for 5th edition, but was nostalgic for the old 4 levels.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <07-09-15/0116:00> »
Miss the old levels of boosted reflexes too thought it was a grandfather to synaptic booster with the new version allowing you to use control rigs

also

Each Rating point of a move-by-wire system adds
+1 Reaction and +3 Initiative (making it +4 total to Initiative).
Rating 1 move-by-wire does not offer any additional
Initiative Dice

ya...
In addition, the move-by-wire system acts as skillwires of twice its Rating
woo...

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <07-09-15/0243:42> »
Rating 1 MbW is pretty useless. No one would want to use Rating 2 Skillwires unless they are going to only use misc skills so they won't default.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #52 on: <07-09-15/0328:31> »
Rating 1 MbW is pretty useless. No one would want to use Rating 2 Skillwires unless they are going to only use misc skills so they won't default.
OtoH
Lots of People don't want to pay 10 Karma for Restricted Gear, so they're stuck with rating 1 M-b-W ....
M-b-W used to be a piece of 'ware for the non-Awakened versatile Char with a Professional Rating in every skill he can buy !
now you can only become a Jack of all Trades  ( A Skill Rating of 2 compared to the Max of 12
means You're an Amateur, a dilettante) You Pay more in ¥ to be less versatile, less professional than before...

with a Kind of sad Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

PJ

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <07-09-15/0727:10> »
I see M-b-W as being initially developed for military.  I mean, you COULD spend 6 months to a year training a grunt (and all the money that involves), or you could slap together a cybersuite of M-b-W, Muscle Replacement, and a couple Skilljacks and have basic warriors ready to die, I mean, fight, for your cause and out the door right after recovery from surgery!  If you survive your first tour, maybe you get your M-b-W switched out or you get that bioware to help offset your constant twitching.

M-b-W also strikes me as the augment of choice for the professional killer who wants the best range for Initiative (as opposed to highest possible outcome) and prefers to work alone (Skillwires offsetting lack of certain skills needed for particular jobs).  I love the Social Limit penalty.  I see it in-game as either constant twitching, or such self consciousness about the twitching you always move to offset it.  But your movement is too smooth, or comes off like a caged animal waiting to strike.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <07-09-15/1114:57> »
I love the Social Limit penalty.  I see it in-game as either constant twitching, or such self consciousness about the twitching you always move to offset it.  But your movement is too smooth, or comes off like a caged animal waiting to strike.

That is one of the BS additions. That penalty means that you're getting "double taxed" on Social Limit by the implant. First by the Essence Loss and then by the independent penalty.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <07-09-15/1222:45> »
I see M-b-W as being initially developed for military.  I mean, you COULD spend 6 months to a year training a grunt (and all the money that involves), or you could slap together a cybersuite of M-b-W, Muscle Replacement, and a couple Skilljacks and have basic warriors ready to die, I mean, fight, for your cause and out the door right after recovery from surgery!  If you survive your first tour, maybe you get your M-b-W switched out or you get that bioware to help offset your constant twitching.

M-b-W also strikes me as the augment of choice for the professional killer who wants the best range for Initiative (as opposed to highest possible outcome) and prefers to work alone (Skillwires offsetting lack of certain skills needed for particular jobs).  I love the Social Limit penalty.  I see it in-game as either constant twitching, or such self consciousness about the twitching you always move to offset it.  But your movement is too smooth, or comes off like a caged animal waiting to strike.
Nah give them Hardwired Skill wires: Automatics Boosted Reflexes and pay the licensing fee for copies of automatics and give them all a shot of Jazz armored jacket and an ak and call it a day, actually colt m23 suppressive fire ftw
« Last Edit: <07-09-15/1227:23> by Rooks »

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <07-09-15/1226:13> »

It's actually pretty nice if you happen to have a ton of Edge and make extensive use of Blitz since the bonus to Initiative is a fixed number rather than a rolled die.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <07-09-15/1601:13> »

It's actually pretty nice if you happen to have a ton of Edge and make extensive use of Blitz since the bonus to Initiative is a fixed number rather than a rolled die.

As a person who plays a character with 8 Edge, that doesn't seem viable in the long run.

Miri

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <07-09-15/2348:54> »

As a person who plays a character with 8 Edge, that doesn't seem viable in the long run.

Pick up Daredevil and take risks?

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <07-10-15/1057:01> »

Pick up Daredevil and take risks?

Avoid more combats?