NEWS

5 top improvements in 6th edition

• 12 Replies

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« on: <11-01-19/1550:30> »
Poll time :)

The Focus of this poll is the things that has improved the most in the new edition, compared to 5th edition.

There are 20 subjects, ranging from mechanics to fluff. A maximum og 5 answers can be given. If you feel that there are more areas that have improved, you Will have to prioritise the 5 MOST improved areas. You are allowed to place fewer answers.

If you feel Ive missed a subject, you can choose the one most fitting, and explain it in the comments.
I didnt include an "other" on purpose, as that would risk leaving us with 25 "other" answers :)

If you feel NO areas have improved, then you should Focus on another thread. :)

Note! You cant change your vote after submitting it, so choose carefully.
« Last Edit: <11-01-19/1554:59> by DigitalZombie »

Rapier

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <11-01-19/1612:20> »
Matrix is simpler
Technomancers are now competitive

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-01-19/1632:35> »
Combing the “luck point” mechanic of Edge (which we’ve had for a few editions now) with an adapted version of the advantage / disadvantage system seen in games like Dungeons & Dragons 5e (amongst others) was a very clever bit of design.

I also really like the simplified range band system and how the Attack Ratings system is used. Not only does it give katana-swingers and Kung Fu fighters an actual chance against assault rifle armed mooks (because cyberpunk genre convention demands it) it should also open up design space for future authors to make new guns that aren’t just about adding bigger damage codes.

The editing and layout of the core book, on the other hand, hoo boy...
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« Reply #3 on: <11-02-19/0940:55> »
Great poll. I think the results track very well with 6e’s most and least controversial aspects.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <11-03-19/0008:16> »
OK, who voted Editing???   :o
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <11-03-19/1224:06> »
OK, who voted Editing???   :o

Haha yeah :)
But to be fair, I didnt include an "errata" process in the poll. So the person that voted might have included that under the editing subject. Which is fair I guess.

Or it could be that his focus areas in the game hasnt been that much affected by the editing situation.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <11-04-19/1406:55> »
D'oh! I misunderstood the purpose of the poll. I thought it was "top things that needed to be improved".

I didn't put Editing but I basically gave the exact opposite response(s) of what I intended. Any way to get a do-over?

wraith

• Chummer
  • just another ghost in the machine
« Reply #7 on: <11-04-19/1927:29> »
I'm just over here rolling in laughter that you had the gall to put 'editing' on the list.   ;D

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <11-07-19/0337:50> »
D'oh! I misunderstood the purpose of the poll. I thought it was "top things that needed to be improved".

I didn't put Editing but I basically gave the exact opposite response(s) of what I intended. Any way to get a do-over?

Nooo, :(
The worst part is that I cant even scold you for it.... because I did the excact same thing in the edge abuse poll :)

I dont think it can be cancelled, not unless Im cancelling everything.
You could put ypur answers up here in the thread, and maybe also your answers as the were meant to be.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <11-07-19/0349:01> »
Seriously, why is editing even on that list? Would anyone click that on purpose? ::)

Anyways, I think that this poll format isn´t the best way to accredit positive changes, as these can also be small, but impactfull details or other stuff that is missing on the list, like the streamlined status effects. With these broader topics, you usually have a mixed bag of positive and negative changes.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #10 on: <11-07-19/0910:15> »
Seriously, why is editing even on that list? Would anyone click that on purpose? ::)

Probably not, but then again the editing in 5th was ... 'interesting'... in its own right. 

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <11-17-19/1405:42> »

Anyways, I think that this poll format isn´t the best way to accredit positive changes, as these can also be small, but impactfull details or other stuff that is missing on the list, like the streamlined status effects. With these broader topics, you usually have a mixed bag of positive and negative changes.

Aah Yeah the status effects. Those I find a good improvements too.

Well, I wanted to present a finite list, because if I had included an "other" choice, I would have risked too many people ticking that one, for wildly various reasons. Thus making the poll somewhat moot.

I did try to choose the top 20 most changed/controversial subjects I could Think off. Though This was done without input from others- thus I missed stuff like status effects.

I know some of the categories are somewhat broad, and most people wouldnt see 100% improvements in All aspects of for instance "priority table and races". But I think the pool would have been too big if I had splitted it into 5 subcategories of races, Adjustment points, contacts etc.

Edit: Im ooen for suggestions on how to increase the value of doing polls on this forum. I thunk its in everyones best interest to have to poll measure what they are meant to measure as precise as possible.
« Last Edit: <11-18-19/1619:26> by DigitalZombie »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <11-24-19/1719:19> »
For me the only 2 areas of improvement is initiative and actions and general matrix. Both of which can use improvement still. Every other area is neutral or worse. I’d put the lions share in neutral changes, maybe something good that gets offset by something bad. Like there is some good in the new status effects.  But lack of durations and the ablative armor system for its defense kind of makes it a wash for me.