NEWS

[5E] - Preacher (Face)

• 3 Replies

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« on: <06-26-16/2018:37> »
Scrapped my last project, and trying to iron out a new face for my group. I like to base my characters off comic, movie, and book personas. This time I'm grabbing Jesse Custer from the infamous Preacher comics.

His background says that he's skilled in hand to hand fighting, pistols, mechanics ...

I'm not very happy with his skill set, but I don't know how to to move things around to get it all.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-CZ6lNzunicY1FHV0h3VGd2Q1E/view?usp=sharing

We are playing Prime Runners, with Sum 2 Ten. After chargen we get to play with an additional 35 karma, and 35k. With that extra bonus karma I'm going to grab Silver Tongued Devil.
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-27-16/0742:36> »
Human Melee Face Adept is going to be rough even with Prime Runner and Sumto10.  You need 6 stats....

Sumto10 try Stats A; Magic B; Skills B; Meta E; Resources E.  Use the Prime Runner and bonus Karma to initiate and pick up a couple more PP and Edge.  Honestly I'd think about Exceptional Attribute Magic. 

For a "Low" Strength unarmed character take a look at the Martial Arts and use the Unarmed stuff to control and subdue, use the Pistols for the kill shot.

Shadowrun characters based off Action Hero characters usually have to temper expectations quite a bit.  Best of luck!

Slamm-O!

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <06-27-16/1158:31> »
Can't have A - Magic for Adepts.

Are any of the Martial Arts worth it ?  Never really played with them. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-CZ6lNzunicSEZTX09yeWQ4TDg/view?usp=sharing

I don't like the low edge (I tend to think the character is lucky as hell) but I can keep boosting it with karma. 

Nerve Strike is supposed to be his amazing ability with hand to hand combat. 
Mess with the best.  Die like the rest !

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-27-16/1625:52> »
Can't have A - Magic for Adepts.
Vertical for Clarity
Stats A
Magic B
Skills B
Meta E
Resources E

Are any of the Martial Arts worth it ?  Never really played with them. 

Yes, but it is a lot to wade through.  And with Str 3 it's tough to find something more effective than shock gloves I guess.  *shrug*  Carry on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-CZ6lNzunicSEZTX09yeWQ4TDg/view?usp=sharing

I don't like the low edge (I tend to think the character is lucky as hell) but I can keep boosting it with karma. 

Nerve Strike is supposed to be his amazing ability with hand to hand combat.

Human Physical Adept Ninja Face Edgenomancer is likely a bit much to pull off   :  )   If you prefer 7 Edge, get 7 Edge.  I'm just not sure what you'll give up.  Skills could go to C without much trouble.  But you're either looking at Skills D or reducing Stats and Skills to get Meta to C.  Hard choices to make there.