NEWS

Clothing - What do you get for your money?

• 23 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-30-13/0117:47> »
considering 3/4 of my clothing says "Carhart" on it... I am happy for the baseline levels :D

Hey, now. Carhart is good quality stuff...and expensive.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #16 on: <11-30-13/0255:50> »
Clothing Styles:
  • Grunge Plunge: Everyday wear.  Jeans, t-shirts, jackets.  Base ¥70.
  • Street Flash: Leather jackets, chains, spikes, etc.  Base ¥100.
  • Wilma City: Boring stuff -- low-level corper wear.  Base ¥50.
  • U²C Suburbanite: More boring crap, mid/low level corp wear.  Base ¥65.
  • Day/Races: Mid/high-level everyday chic.  Base ¥80.
  • Mr. J Special: Suits and such, power colours and all.  Base ¥100.
  • High Society: Serious fashion, meet and greet stuff.  Base ¥300.
  • Night/Opera: High social evening dresses, suits, tuxes.  Base ¥500.
  • Monofilament Edge: Paris doesn't have this yet.  Base ¥2500.

Clothing Makers
  • Gutter Pickin's: Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Woolworth, Stuffer Shack
  • Rack Strack: Sears, Target, JC Penny's
  • Beanie Bopper: The Gap, Abercrombie & Fitch, Banana Republic
  • Cosmo Nut: Vashon Island, Mortimer of London's
  • Smashin' Fashion: Armante', Gucci
  • Needle'n Threads: Custom tailored for concealability, fit, fashion, or other purpose.

Not every clothing maker makes every type of clothing; for example, 'Gutter Pickin's' manufacturers assemble only Grunge Plunge, Street Flash, Wilma City, and U²C Suburbanite wear, while 'Beanie Bopper' will make Grunge Plunge and Street Flash, but wouldn't touch Wilma City or U²C Suburbanite wear with a 10m pole.  They do make Day at the Races, High Society, Night at the Opera, and Monofilament Edge stuff - but even the top-of-the-line stuff there are knock-offs of knock-offs ...
Quote from: The Devil Wears Prada
Miranda Priestly: 'This... stuff'? Oh. Okay. I see. You think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets? I think we need a jacket here. And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers. And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room from a pile of ... stuff.

As a consequence, each manufacturer has a different multiplier for each style - generally the more they're a heavy-hitter, the higher their multiplier for a style, though you'll find makers (Cosmo Nut) producing fashions (Street Flash) that may seem unlikely, but which will pretty much work, considering their multiplier for that fashion style (in this case, x2.0).

Getting something custom-made (Needle'n Threads) has a somewhat random multiplier, depending on what level of contact your tailor or seamstress is, and what you need done, but I do love playing around with top-end ¥16,000 Monofilament Edge outfits that'll hide a slimline heavy pistol and two spare clips without spoiling the line ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <11-30-13/0858:48> »
Found this with a little searching.

There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <12-01-13/0150:30> »
Found this with a little searching.

book and page ?
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-01-13/0632:43> »
Looks like Attitude
(Lifestyle 2073 in German / Page 174)

He who Dances with an Attitude
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

eviltikiman

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <12-18-13/1341:48> »
For my games i was inspired to create a list of silly little features that my player could add to their clothes like soilage sensors, heating elements, light-up threads, built in biomonitor, and so on. I found it made players get more interested in their own characters over time, not by much, but noticably more so than they did before. i still have the list somewhere.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #21 on: <12-18-13/2046:19> »
For my games i was inspired to create a list of silly little features that my player could add to their clothes like soilage sensors, heating elements, light-up threads, built in biomonitor, and so on. I found it made players get more interested in their own characters over time, not by much, but noticably more so than they did before. i still have the list somewhere.

**Beep!! Beep!! Beeep!!**

Joe: "Frank, why are your pants beeping???"

Frank: "..... I crapped myself when that security guard pulled that ares alpha out... My pants are reminding me to change my shorts"

Joe: "... Oh..... Stay downwind please"
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <12-18-13/2131:36> »
"Why did we hide the Paydata in Mungo's shorts again?"  "Safest place there is."  "Muh boxxorz roxxorz."  "Oh."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

ProfessorCirno

• Omae
  • The strongest! The smartest! The rightest!
« Reply #23 on: <12-19-13/0232:01> »
Also, you wouldn't pay for it usually. Just assume fitting clothes are part of your lifestyle, costs only matter when you go above it.

This is generally how I play it.  Most areas will have a minimum lifestyle you have to be at to enter with no problems.  One step below and there might be a few problems.  SEVERAL steps below, and it's time to break out the climbing gear.

If you want some prices for high end clothes, look in 4th edition Arsenal.  While the armour value has to be adapted, the price would be close enough that you can get your GM to agree to what you want.

I actually found Arsenal to be a bit annoying here, as it felt like the suits of clothing easily because some of the best armor unless you really pumped up Body.  Every runner was walking around in high label suits, which could be hilarious and awesome in some games, but certainly not what I think of as the norm.