NEWS

iPEG Thor A1 (new SMG)

• 30 Replies

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <12-17-12/1317:10> »
My version actually has that, a powered folding stock deploys as a free action and most reasonable GM:s would likely allow the powered foregrip to deploy on the same free action
Your version is good looking too Mäx. I say that you can just add an explicit rule that say that that is the way the gun works.
I'll most likely add that in if i ever get around to converting my gear file to something a little more presentable then a .txt file.

On the name, it's what the original desing is named and really confusing an SMG to an orbital dropped telephone pole isn't very likely :D
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-17-12/1432:15> »
On the name, it's what the original desing is named and really confusing an SMG to an orbital dropped telephone pole isn't very likely :D

I kept the name, and invented the company, out of respect for the original creator, who has provided neither permission nor acknowledgement.

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <12-17-12/2054:43> »
I'll most likely add that in if i ever get around to converting my gear file to something a little more presentable then a .txt file.

If you are going to edit a .txt-file then I would recommend notepad++ . It's like notpad but a whole two pluses better. ;)

I confuse SMGs and orbital kinetic weapons all the time, but I'm for Sweden so what do I know.

I kept the name, and invented the company, out of respect for the original creator, who has provided neither permission nor acknowledgement.
Well it's not like he/she is losing any money over this so I'm sure that he/she don't mind. But I guess that this puts any plans to try and have it included in a theoretical Gun Haven 3 on hold.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <12-22-12/0328:31> »
If you are going to edit a .txt-file then I would recommend notepad++ . It's like notpad but a whole two pluses better. ;)
Been using that for years, but i actually meant turning the .txt eventually to a prettier .pdf

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #19 on: <12-26-12/1053:16> »
Been using that for years, but i actually meant turning the .txt eventually to a prettier .pdf

Well if you do get that converted Max, Please let us all know!!
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <12-26-12/2125:30> »
It's like notpad but a whole two pluses better.
So ... one might say it's double plus good?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #21 on: <12-26-12/2341:14> »
It's like notpad but a whole two pluses better.
So ... one might say it's double plus good?
Please, no Newspeak on the forums.  We're all better than that.

None of us are Iconoliterate only, after all.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

DamienHollow

« Reply #22 on: <01-07-13/0206:45> »
Please, Shadowrun guns make little to no sense as is... but that thing makes my head hurt in ways no gun should. :'(

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #23 on: <01-07-13/0358:55> »
Please, Shadowrun guns make little to no sense as is... but that thing makes my head hurt in ways no gun should. :'(
Maybe we should shoot you in the face for money with it. That way it'll make your head hurt in the same way as every other gun does and all will be well with the world.
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Redmercury

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-08-13/1339:12> »
Oh man, this thing is just fine in comparison to saaay, the Sakura Fubuki. It's techno ju-ju, don't break your brain trying to figure it out.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #25 on: <01-08-13/1537:47> »
As a real-life shooter, I have to ask....where the hell do you put the mag....er clip? Regular mags are (mostly) straight and can easily fit on a belt, in a pocket, in a pouch attached just about anywhere. This one, looks like it would take up way too much space on one's person or be very difficult to quickly remove from a mag-pouch. Not to mention that straight mags are more egronomically sound for rapid release and replacement. Just my humble opinion, but this looks way too awkward.

Granted SR is a RPG and I know that sometimes cool wins out over function. But me personally, I still like my weapons to make SOME sense.
But as a gamer, I always say "If you're having fun with it, run with it!"

Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

DamienHollow

« Reply #26 on: <01-08-13/1909:30> »
As a real-life shooter, I have to ask....where the hell do you put the mag....er clip? Regular mags are (mostly) straight and can easily fit on a belt, in a pocket, in a pouch attached just about anywhere. This one, looks like it would take up way too much space on one's person or be very difficult to quickly remove from a mag-pouch. Not to mention that straight mags are more egronomically sound for rapid release and replacement. Just my humble opinion, but this looks way too awkward.

Granted SR is a RPG and I know that sometimes cool wins out over function. But me personally, I still like my weapons to make SOME sense.

This is a game that has bull pups with folding stocks. Even a rudimentary understanding of firearms would make one ponder as to how, or better yet why. The fact is most people neither understand nor care to actually study guns in any serious regards so we might as well roll with it and just enjoy the zaniness.  Also, have you ever seen the G11 magazine? that sucker was just as silly to swap, probably more so because this looks like it could be rocked into place while the G11 needed to have it's magazine pull out of the front of the weapon.

FuelDrop

• Omae
  • Popping stims, it's time to go to work.
« Reply #27 on: <01-09-13/0651:50> »
Hey Damien, off topic I know but I've gotta hear the story behind your sig :"A few dozen doses of Warp, some DMSO, a squirt gun, and a room full of rich people... this is going to be good."
"When in doubt, C4" - Mythbusters. As true in 2070 as when it was first spoken.

"You're wearing WHAT?" - Group reaction when our street sam walked into a meet wearing light military armour.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <01-09-13/1313:18> »
This is a game that has bull pups with folding stocks. Even a rudimentary understanding of firearms would make one ponder as to how, or better yet why.
What weapons are you referring to?
Only one i could find is Sernopal vz/88V assault rifle and even it is bull pup only in the picture(and the picture even shows how)

Anarkitty

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-09-13/1958:51> »

You would need some sort of custom magazine pouch for the flat half-circle mags, but I can't imagine they would be drastically harder to transport, and it looks like they go in easily enough.