NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <07-03-14/1902:26> »
+10 Karma from me to Adam.  You are my hero!  (Well not exactly but close enough).

I have found one bug (holdover from SR4), the Augmented maximum on attributes is not 50% of Natural anymore, it is Natural +4 (Pg. 94).
Signature file not found

Adam

« Reply #16 on: <07-03-14/1907:39> »
JD, Davidvs, and Iridios - My pleasure. It's been fun working on this project.

Iridios - Great catch on that one. I'll get it fixed for the next build which should be coming out tomorrow morning.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-03-14/2135:59> »
This is looking really good! An old friend, back from a long journey. Welcome back, Chummer!

Mendrian

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <07-04-14/0415:06> »
Exceptionally minor quibble:

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any way to add a deck to a Headdeck. I can just buy the two options separately (I can buy Headdeck under Cyberware and then the appropriate deck under Gear) but it would be helpful from an organizational standpoint if I could select the appropriate deck directly when I buy the headdeck.

Otherwise - awesome. I can't tell you how much this is appreciated. I registered just to say thank you.

EDIT: Also, are RCC's listed anywhere? Can't seem to find any.
« Last Edit: <07-04-14/0426:33> by Mendrian »

Booze

• Chummer
  • Johny Walker, the street name Booze came by itself
« Reply #19 on: <07-04-14/0704:32> »
LOVE!!! 0.0
Booze's VU93 Profile
Im From EU, so my time zone is +7 from forum time, when you sleep I read ;)

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #20 on: <07-04-14/0745:28> »
Ah, I cannot tell you how grateful I am that someone picked this up!  And you're doing a great job.

I noticed a mistake; you neglected to allow Technomancers to take Focused Concentration.  If I find more I'll edit this post to include them as I try to translate my character to this program.  When I ignored creation rules to do it anyways (I'm transfering a character anyways, I'd break money/karma limits) it seems that you just have to buy it multiple times.  I know in Chummer 4 it was listed as a different quality for each rank.

The electrochromic clothing modification doesn't appear for my Armor Jacket.  I can see how you'd not think to allow that, but from what I can tell in the book it should be able to be an upgrade for armor with it.

The YNT Softweave mod seems to be a bit glitchy. It seems to be adding the bonus twice in two different spots.  For example, when added to my Armor Jacket (12) it then displays it as Capacity 18 (24 remaining).

Data chips are accidentally ten times as expensive as they should be.  The price listed in the book (5¥) is for 10 of them.  Other RFID chips are probably similarly mispriced, I didn't check.

The Colt Inception has 1 more RC than it should have.  The book lists it as 1(3) from Electronic Firing and a Bipod, but Chummer has it as just 4 instead of 3.

Horizon Flying Eye is listed twice under Microdrones.

Gasp!  Thank you SO MUCH for not removing the "Hacked" option for software.  I use it as a houserule for skillsofts ('cause it was possible in 4th) and it's not actually in the rules for 5th yet.

I seem to have too many free knowledge points.  It's (INT + LOG) x 2, I seem to have gotten (INT + LOG) x 3.

The Sensor Housing and Sensors don't seem to work; when I try to purchase them, I get an error message.  There also didn't seem to be a way to add a sensor to a vehicle.

That's all I encountered transferring my character.  Of course, once the character was "created" there was a bunch of stuff off but...  Believe me, I understand how big of a task it'll be to more or less wipe all the outdated calculations for a created 4E character and put in the new 5E ones.  What you've managed so far is great though.  I for one really appreciate that you're putting the work into this for the Shadowrun community.  I'm sure the forums will sing your praise for this, no doubt!
« Last Edit: <07-04-14/0843:47> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Adam

« Reply #21 on: <07-04-14/0825:27> »
Firebug - Fixed the Focused Concentration issue for the next update 5.110.  It'll be out later this morning (as soon as I kill another particularly annoying bug I've been trying to get rid of since last night).

Mendrian - Fixed the Cyberdeck issue as well for 5.110. Please forgive me (perhaps it's just that I just woke up) but RCC?  I'm not parsing the initials.

Booze, Tecumseh, Mendrian, and Firebug - Thank you! I can't tell you how awesome it is to wake up in the morning and see that people are appreciating and enjoying all of this.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-04-14/0844:35> »
I've updated my post about the bugs I found.  And good job!
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Adam

« Reply #23 on: <07-04-14/0902:38> »
The Colt Inception has 1 more RC than it should have.  The book lists it as 1(3) from Electronic Firing and a Bipod, but Chummer has it as just 4 instead of 3.

Ok...this one is perhaps me getting too fancy.  I had noticed that on pg. 175 of the core book that it says that you're supposed to get 1 point of RC per 3 points of STR (round up) so I'm automatically including that in the calculated RC values for weapons.  So here's the question... should I be doing that?

Thanks for the great catch and I'm working on the other items as quickly as I can.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-04-14/0908:05> »
Ah, I didn't think that'd be the cause.  I wouldn't calculate it into each weapon...  Also, strictly speaking I believe you get 2.  You get 1/3 STR (rounded up) and a base 1 every time you begin firing.

martinchaen

« Reply #25 on: <07-04-14/0911:46> »
The 1 Recoil Compensation is debated; some say it's the first time you fire the weapon only (i.e. not on subsequent shots). The wording is open for interpretation.

I would include any Recoil Compensation you get for Strength as it is now a base rule, and if possible annotate it as a popup.

Adam

« Reply #26 on: <07-04-14/0938:09> »
First off, I've updated with a new build which includes a fair number of fixes and my first addition of Street Grimoire content.  I'm by no means done adding in SG, it just has the first wave.  I'll update the original post to note that this update has been published.

Build 5.110 (beta)
- Added the entry for Street Grimoire (SG).
- Added the Traditions from SG.
- Added the Mentor Spirits from SG.
- Added the Spells from SG.
- Added the Adept Powers from SG.
- Trimmed the text displayed for Mentor Spirit choices so the text would fit better. You may need to delete and re-add the Mentor Spirit Quality on existing characters.
- Adjusted the position and size of the Mentor Spirit choice dropdowns to give them more room.
- Fixed an error on the Wise Warrior Mentor Spirit that would prevent it from offering its choices.
- Fixed an error where a cyberlimb would apply modifiers to BOD.
- Fixed a bug which would prevent adding a commlink to an implanted commlink.
- Fixed a bug which would prevent increasing a skill above 6 during character creation if Ignore Rules was chosen.
- Fixed an error preventing several of the common allergy negative qualities from being available.
- Fixed a bug preventing sensors (Sensor Array and Single Sensor) from being available to add to armor.
- Fixed the calculation for augmented maximum attribute cap.
- Fixed a bug preventing Focused Concentration from being available to Aspected Magicians and Technomancers.
- Fixed a bug preventing Cyberdecks from being added to a Cyberware Head Cyberdeck.
- Fixed a bug with the Horizon Flying Eye so that the variant with the Flash Pak and Smoke Grenade is correctly listed.
- Fixed a bug granting more Knowledge Skill points than proper. Was figuring on (INT + LOG) x 3 instead of x 2.
- Fixed the qualities that have ratings (Focused Concentration, High Pain Tolerance, etc...) to be listed in the Select Qualities dialog for each rating value.  Previously it was only allowing you to select the quality once, preventing reaching higher ratings. Unfortunately this means that if you pick Focused Concentration (Rating 2), rating 1 and 3 are still there in the list.  This isn't my optimal fix for this and I'm going to try to find something better. Suggestions are welcome.
- Updated Electrochromic Clothing to be an allowed mod for armor.

There are a number of items that you guys have found that I'm still working on and I'll do my best to include them in the next update.

martinchaen and firebug - Good point on the RC, I'll see if I can add a tooltip for RC values that shows the calculation. If I can get it, next update. If not then at least Soon(TM).

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <07-04-14/1002:14> »
Please forgive me (perhaps it's just that I just woke up) but RCC?  I'm not parsing the initials.

Adam, RCC stands for Rigger Command Console.  These are described starting on Pg. 266 of the core book.  They are a piece of equipment specifically for Riggers.
Signature file not found

Adam

« Reply #28 on: <07-04-14/1013:44> »
Please forgive me (perhaps it's just that I just woke up) but RCC?  I'm not parsing the initials.

Adam, RCC stands for Rigger Command Console.  These are described starting on Pg. 266 of the core book.  They are a piece of equipment specifically for Riggers.

Ahhhhh... I hate it when they squirrel away gear in odd places.  I'll get that added in for the next build. Sorry 'bout that.

I've added RCC's for the next build but have one question: Can you implant them in headware like you can with commlinks and decks? Just wanting to know so I know to enable that if its appropriate to do so.
« Last Edit: <07-04-14/1034:11> by Adam »

martinchaen

« Reply #29 on: <07-04-14/1039:58> »
RCCs doesn't have an implant capacity, so by RAW no.

This is a potential house rule, though.