NEWS

hybrid Animals?

• 5 Replies

drjmoriarity@gmail.com

• Newb
« on: <08-05-18/0048:35> »
So I have a villain who has a pet always on his shoulder and i was wondering if chimera-like creatures exist, like splicing a bunch of animals together, i was thinking a crow with a scorpion tail and basilisk eyes making it a really dangerous pet.

drjmoriarity@gmail.com

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <08-05-18/1230:24> »
I was also considering giving him a a Blueberry Cat or Storm Crow Or Stymphalian
Blueberry cat can manipuilate people around him, storm crow can change the weather so the vampire can walk around during the day when the clouds block the sun and the stymphalian can throw dagger feathers which isnt that useful but its pretty darn cool.
But still a chimera of mixed parts would be cool especially since he is the owner of Echelon Pharmaceuticals who dabble in bio-weapons and biotechnology.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <08-05-18/1423:54> »
Don't know if it is brought up anywhere in 5e, but you should check the 4e books, they had something like that. Either Augmentation or Running Wild, I think. Maybe something mentioned in Attitude, as well. They were unique, sterile (couldn't breed), and expensive, AFAIK.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #3 on: <08-05-18/1648:08> »
Running Wild had the Chimera pets, biodrones and other critter nasties.

Attitude had things like "glitter kittens" and other stylish pet addons. (non combat related)

Never picked up Howling shadows in DTF and I can't sit long enough to read a PDF so I haven't read it through yet...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-05-18/1739:06> »
All in all, Chimeras aren't worth it - they are way more expensive then drones but similarly fragile.
If you want a cool pet, don't use it for combat.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

drjmoriarity@gmail.com

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <08-06-18/2156:46> »
All in all, Chimeras aren't worth it - they are way more expensive then drones but similarly fragile.
If you want a cool pet, don't use it for combat.

Oh its not for me or even a player, i just want my CEO villain to have a cool pet capable of making the encounter with him a little more tricky and fun. Like a bird that can petrify somebody with its stare.

( I actually want the players to hit the lab earlier on ware the bird is created and finding chimps infected with HMMVV and a gorilla stuffed with cybernetics and skill jacks until its a threat and highly intelligent villain like gorilla garad )