NEWS

Edgelord Technomancer Template

• 0 Replies

SoulGambit

• Omae
« on: <08-01-18/2157:14> »
This is just a Technomancer template I can adjust to fit a particular concept or campaign. What do you think?

A Resonance; B Attributes; C Human; D Skills; E Resources

Attributes (20 Karma Spent): B3, S2, A5, R2, I5, L5, W6, C2, Resonance 6, Edge 7, Essence 6

Limits: Phys 3, Mnt 7, Soc 6

Skills (4 Karma Spent): Computers 6, Software 6, Hacking [Hosts] 6, Compiling 6, Registering 6, Automatics [Machine Pistol] 1, Sneaking [Urban] 1, Ettiquette 2, Perception 1, Electronic Warfare 1

Knowledge Skills: Matrix Security 6, rest for fluff

Qualities (5 Karma Gained): Codeslinger [Hack on the Fly], Focused Concentration 2, Jack of All Trades, 25 Points in Negative Qualities

Complex Forms: Puppeteer, Resonance Veil, Editor, Infusion of Sleaze, Cleaner, Static  Veil, FAQ

NuYen (5 Karma Spent)
I hate doing shopping lists, honestly. Standard runner gear. Armor Jacket, Steyr TMP, a whole mess of drugs + BTL chips. Cram, Jazz, Psyche, Longhaul, Uppers, Downers, Chill, Hype, Infiltrator.

Contacts (1 Karma Spent): Fixer (Loyal 3, Connected 4)

Notes: Depending on the GM and the Campaign, lowering Strength to 1 and/or Ettiquette to 0 may be viable. Negative qualities are changed to match the character. FAQ can be swapped out if I want another Complex Form for fluff or campaign specific purposes. Infusion/Diffusion of Firewall and Resonance Spike are all excellent choices.

Bottom Line: Although this character has a high Edge, Edge does not define them. They have a respectable pool of 17 [5] when getting into Hosts, with a maximum of 24 [7+Teamwork Bonuses] using only Drugs, BTL, and Teamwork. Three or four Edge is rationed to surviving the Matrix and rerolling those important Sleaze actions, while Complex Forms are used to minimize how many of those I need to make at all. Edge can be spent on the occasional Exciting Thing, like a limitless Complex Form or a maxed out Compiled Sprite, but I don't build around it.

What Edge 7 does give me is versatility in the neatworld. An Automatics and Sneaking pool of 8 means that I don't have to spend Edge every time I roll. When I am faced with something I'm not prepared for, I roll 8 Dice with exploding 6s. If I get a really important Sneaking or Automatics roll, I spend an Edge to roll a 15 with exploding 6s. With Cram and Psyche I have a base Initiative of 9+2d6, meaning I am often getting the second initiative pass without spending Edge on Initiative. Ideally, I don't face more than 3-4 of those situations per run.

Perception is only 6, but it is easy to raise with equipment.