NEWS

2019: 30th Anniversary Edition, or 6th Edition?

• 119 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #90 on: <08-09-18/0041:20> »
I'm agreeing with the Russian tbh. Good man.

I just remember the events because it was so shocking. In all my years of gaming with as many people as I have, Its been only a dozen times that violence has erupted. And usually that violence is just a dice throwing, alcohol induced temper tantrum...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #91 on: <08-09-18/0047:53> »
Wow...

That whole reply comes across as incredibly racist.

Georgia is a race to you?

With what 70%+ of the people who refer to anything as "southern" / <southern state name> mean when they say it...  Yes.  Yes it is.

Combined with "crazy Russian," it pretty much seals it.

Well as it happens y'all, I'm from the South myself. Just so ya know ISP Russians are nationality not a race. Georgia is a state and thus also not a race. But I'm perfectly happy to report you for calling me raciest. Have a great night ISP.

I'm Sorry FastJack with Reaver and Michael as my witnesses I tried really hard, I didn't start anything!
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #92 on: <08-09-18/0050:01> »
We have Eraser Dice that tend to be thrown around by my wife, especially when people make dirty jokes.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <08-09-18/0051:03> »
I'm agreeing with the Russian tbh. Good man.

I just remember the events because it was so shocking. In all my years of gaming with as many people as I have, Its been only a dozen times that violence has erupted. And usually that violence is just a dice throwing, alcohol induced temper tantrum...

I used to game a bunch down at Fort Brag I could tell you some stories. Nothing like bored drunk troops to do some truly silly Sh*t.
Thinking
com
speaking

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #94 on: <08-09-18/0053:22> »
I'm Sorry FastJack with Reaver and Michael as my witnesses I tried really hard, I didn't start anything!

Selective memory at it's finest.

Hey, if it works for you, I won't pop your bubble.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <08-09-18/0102:58> »
We have Eraser Dice that tend to be thrown around by my wife, especially when people make dirty jokes.

I would pity her at my table. :(

Even the other "girls" at the table make sailors run screaming while covering their ears.

Sadly in the industrial world, if every second word isn't a cuss, people don't understand you. Cussing is the only universal language that I have seen understood across the globe.

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #96 on: <08-09-18/0107:45> »
The way you say "girls" Reaver makes me very nervous.
Ladies? Women Gamers? Violent Female Canadians? 
Thinking
com
speaking

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <08-09-18/0124:48> »

There are expressions in the industrial world, that may cause those with some views to take offense...

How do I put it gently?

In the Industrial world, we get being shipped off to Camps that fit 40 to 40,000 workers into a small area. We work 8 to 14 hour days for 14 to 49 days in a row...
We are paid very well for this isolated hell.... but there are problems with it too.

so when on Day 1 someone looks like this: 

It's not a big deal for everyone. Even for those that look like that. (Especially those that look like that!)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #98 on: <08-09-18/0127:30> »
Because - generally speaking, They will look like this to everyone by day 21

And as for names... well, what's in a name? You know how many Kelly, Laurie, Niki, Sasha, Etceta with 3 legs I have worked with in the last 20 years?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #99 on: <08-09-18/0127:59> »
I find the following are a nice thing to toss about:

How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <08-09-18/0147:06> »
LOL

Oh man Reaver

LOL

I'm dying here. I guess hunger is the best sauce?

LOL
Thinking
com
speaking

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« Reply #101 on: <08-09-18/0151:35> »

both times it wasn't up here.

The First time was in Georgia, US while working on something that is STILL under NDA until 2021....  A player got so fed up with the Rigger he picked up the hardcover rule book and swung in baseball bat style into the Rigger player's face. Laid his right out on his back in the floor! That was 2001

The second time was in Ghana, working on the Mines. This Finnish guy was playing the Rigger, and decided to turn his drones against the team, because he knew the team couldn't stop him... A Russian steelworker player looked at him and "you think that funny?" then grabbed him by his hair and proceeded to slam his face into the table until we could restrain him. This would have been 2004?

That sounds like Georgia all right.

Crazy Russians huh? Fair enough.

Yeesh!

Though not crazy on the level of the scientists during the Antarctic winter period of 1959, who opted for an ice axe duel over a chess match.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk%3AVostok_Station
  search for 'axe'

If its not fun, then why are you doing it?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #102 on: <08-09-18/0155:46> »
I'm just gonna assume they were driven mad by cabin fever. Ice Axe to death might start looking really good after 3 months in the dark with only a chess board to pass the time.  I mean at-least the guy won in the end right?
« Last Edit: <08-09-18/0157:45> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

GLD

• Newb
« Reply #103 on: <08-09-18/0224:38> »
I have had proper violence erupt in a game once. But, in all fairness, we were teenagers. Our GM was a dick, the kind that would play favourites, intentionally screw players for slighting him earlier in the day. But we were all poor kids and he was the only one lucky enough to own the rulebooks.

Anyway, he and my brother never got along under the best of circumstances. So he always targeted him the most. GM makes a douchey, biased call and my brother said fuck this. Called the guy out, told him he was a terrible GM, threw out a slew of nasty comments he'd been saving up for the better part of a year and walked away from the table.

Now, there was about a foot of height and 100lbs between these guys, in favour of my brother. So I'm not sure what possessed the little bastard to do this, but he ran up behind my brother and tried to choke him out. It ended very swiftly when my brother body slammed the GM onto his own kitchen table. Into the dice pile and there were d4 in there.
« Last Edit: <08-09-18/0226:29> by GLD »

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #104 on: <08-09-18/0624:46> »
I have had proper violence erupt in a game once. But, in all fairness, we were teenagers. Our GM was a dick, the kind that would play favourites, intentionally screw players for slighting him earlier in the day. But we were all poor kids and he was the only one lucky enough to own the rulebooks.

Anyway, he and my brother never got along under the best of circumstances. So he always targeted him the most. GM makes a douchey, biased call and my brother said fuck this. Called the guy out, told him he was a terrible GM, threw out a slew of nasty comments he'd been saving up for the better part of a year and walked away from the table.

Now, there was about a foot of height and 100lbs between these guys, in favour of my brother. So I'm not sure what possessed the little bastard to do this, but he ran up behind my brother and tried to choke him out. It ended very swiftly when my brother body slammed the GM onto his own kitchen table. Into the dice pile and there were d4 in there.

LOL that's awesome.
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.