NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Gorstavich

• Newb
« Reply #1125 on: <07-17-18/1033:13> »
Hello all.  Poking at Chummer5 for the first time (just grabbed the nightly build) and noticed that when putting points into the Athletics skill group I was getting points in a skill called "Flight".  What is this skill, how is it part of the Athletics group, and why was it greyed out even as points were being added to it?

Configuration wide, I am running with just the generic default (5th edition Core Rulebook only).
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1126 on: <07-17-18/1111:10> »
Man, if only I could get QCs at work cleared like that.  You da man!  Or Bot.  Or whatever the appropriate pro-noun is.  Thanks!

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #1127 on: <07-17-18/1505:18> »
Hello all.  Poking at Chummer5 for the first time (just grabbed the nightly build) and noticed that when putting points into the Athletics skill group I was getting points in a skill called "Flight".  What is this skill, how is it part of the Athletics group, and why was it greyed out even as points were being added to it?

Configuration wide, I am running with just the generic default (5th edition Core Rulebook only).
Flight is for pixies, most drakes, and shifters like eagles.  It gets at least briefly touched upon in the list of powers for drakes in Howling Shadows, page 164-165 while its use is briefly detailed in SR5, page 394.  Simply put it functions like Running and/or Swimming for actions involving Flight.  Obviously you need to be able to fly somehow to actually make use of such a skill (no falling with style), and spellcasters using levitate on themselves might qualify for certain actions while flying.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1128 on: <07-19-18/0526:47> »
...so I have a mage who quickened two attribute spells, however, not sure how this works in Chummer,  I selected each of the spells (Increase Charisma and Willpower) clicked the Quicken Spell button, and entered how much karma to imbue each with, but there is no way to apply the resulting hits (the character has 3 hits on each) and thus I am not seeing any adjustments on either the Common tab, Skill tab (for skills parented to the attribute), and drain pool (both attributes figure into the pool). For the last session I needed to make hand notations on the character sheet printout for everything that is affected which literally speaking is a pain (the reason I use a character generator and print my character out is because my handwriting is atrocious due to severe arthritis).

Is this function still a "WIP" or is there something I am not aware of that also needs to be done?
« Last Edit: <07-19-18/0529:34> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1129 on: <07-19-18/1008:11> »
The Quickening button is essentially just a shortcut button for spending karma. Best way to represent that would be with the Improvements system, using the Attribute improvement type and selecting whatever the net hit value is. There's currently an annoying quirk with the custom improvements where we refresh the tooltip for attributes before we've assigned the improvement it's custom name so it shows up as a guid, but I'll have it cleaned up within the next few days.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #1130 on: <07-20-18/0026:53> »
...oh forgot about that.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #1131 on: <07-22-18/2057:50> »
So i tried to make a character the other day with a different style of weapon, and went with the Shiawase Arms Simwoon, got all the skills bought the gear, but then when i went to buy ammo for the thing it wants "Exotic ranged weapon ammo" but there is no such thing. would it be easier to have it take the Light Pistol Ammo instead of making it require the exotic ranged as the book its in calls out that it uses that ammo?

not like its the end of the world, just keeping track of the ammo usage manually right now. but it would be nice to be able to do that!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1132 on: <07-23-18/0336:37> »
Will be fixed in the next nightly build; you'll have to remove and re-add the weapon though.

Iron Serpent Prince

• Omae
« Reply #1133 on: <07-25-18/1603:52> »
I just wanted to point out that somehow my Nightly Build versions got turned around.

As of about 20 hours ago, the most current Nightly Build is 5.201.33.

My running version, and it has been this way for at least a week (is there some log somewhere that indicates when it was last updated?  According to file dates, it was on the 1st of July) is v5.201.67.

I'll hold off fixing this, until you have a chance to ask me to check anything.

And thank you and all the others for all of the work put into Chummer.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #1134 on: <07-25-18/1824:07> »
Yes. I had this version on my machine for a while (a few weeks). I finally overwrote it because it was becoming annoying on my laptop which kept saying characters were created with a later version. I have no idea where/when this 67 version came from.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1135 on: <07-25-18/1922:14> »
It's an issue with the build deployment system I use for the nightlies. I didn't properly reset the next build number to 1 when I released the latest milestone build, so the build after that retained the old structure. Shouldn't happen again, I tweaked the script a bit.

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #1136 on: <07-26-18/2200:00> »
My "Selected Sourcebook" option is greyed out - both the file explorer, and the text box.

I'm sure this issue must have already been raised and settled at some point, but I can't seem to find the solution.
« Last Edit: <07-26-18/2319:43> by HP15BS »
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1137 on: <07-27-18/0001:44> »
Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean?

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #1138 on: <07-27-18/1948:28> »
There isn't really anything to see except that the box to the right of "PDF Location" is a slightly darker grey.
- And I guess the fact that it doesn't highlight when I hover over it.

Really, the only thing characterizing this issue is that nothing is happening when I click on / type in either of those 2 boxes.
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #1139 on: <07-28-18/0620:02> »
Hrm. Seems fine from my end, at the very least the code is set to only set enabled to false on load. So you click on a sourcebook on the left, and absolutely nothing changes with it?