NEWS

Into the Chaos - Explosive Start[IC]

• 119 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #105 on: <09-03-15/0555:26> »
@All about 10 minutes later >>DemoX contacts you... alright I am all set up! How do I get out?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #106 on: <09-03-15/0929:43> »
<<Through the open door. I'll be waiting for you. Call your ride here - I think we overstayed our welcome.>>
Kynos strode confidently towards the open warehouse door, his rifle sending out the occasional shot of gel to quiet the woundeds' moaning.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <09-03-15/0937:28> »
DemoX get out his eyes are reajusting to the light. he sees the burned bodies... "holy crap... Nevermind I don't want to know let's just bolt. My ride is down the street completely offline. If we do not have a decker, I am not taking any chances."

[spoiler]
Sneaking is probobly a good idea.
[/spoiler]

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #108 on: <09-03-15/1423:26> »
Flatline had been in a little bit of shock at the combined damaged the two mages had caused the men, he knew it was not appropriate to help the men, but he didn't have to tolerate wanton cruelty.

"HEY! Can that drek! They have had enough!"  he shouted to Kynos the first time he popped of a round.

Putting himself between the gunman and the others, he made a point of being the last one to leave the area to prevent further shenanigans.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <09-03-15/2302:13> »
@DemoX sneaks with you to the car, just in time as you can hear the rotor wings of some drones behind you. He looks at you and say "shesh... "you can seevthat DemoX is trying his best not to be noticed.
[spoiler]
You probobly want to sneak away to the car.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-04-15/0550:34> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <09-04-15/0338:42> »
"But their moans of pain are annoying... But have it your way. Ammunition is expensive."
Without undue haste, Kynos followed DemoX, trying to not draw any more attention to their position. He knew that it would be only a matter of minutes until the drug wore off and would leave him with a very bad headache.

[spoiler]
Sneaking: 12d6t5 5
[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #111 on: <09-04-15/0553:39> »
The drones hover above you - scanning the ground for possible hostiles.
[spoiler]
Perception: 2#8d6t5 4 4

4 hits or more to stay hidden. Also,  if you are not carrying obvious weapons than they won't identify you as a threat. Their scanners are not advanced enough to pick up a concealed pistol - but an assault rifle require sneaking to avoid detection.  Please, make a post saying if you are detected or not. (and Aiden we are still waiting to see if your character is conscious or not if not it is no problem he can be brought back with stim patch or medic kit.)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-04-15/0640:59> by gilga »

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #112 on: <09-05-15/0630:00> »
After a few tense moments you arrive at your ride. Mission almost complete. DemoX tells you "warehouse wired and armed to explode. But some of the weapons were already loaded to the van.  Do you want to track the van? We could always forget about it... we got paid to blow up a warhouse and we did."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #113 on: <09-05-15/0651:13> »
"If things are worth doing, they are worth doing right." Kynos had taken place next to the driver seat. "Let's hit them."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #114 on: <09-05-15/1441:51> »
Even without the stealth tag it is very easy to follow the bulldog. It is dripping motor oil and you can literally smell it as you close in on it. You catch it in an ally near by in what appears to be a shadow deal. Armed gangsters from both sides, the Bulldog on one side and a bag of money on the other side.  There are at least ten gang members on each side, they are wearing no gang colors but are armed with assault rifles. Some of them have obvious tattoos that you may be able to recognize if you are familiar with local gangs.

DemoX whispers "This is a 'leech' explosive charge basically what we need to do is sneak to the bulldog and place it under the engine, it attaches itself magnetically and I can remotely trigger it once we are far enough. It will be a very big blast... any volunteers ?"
« Last Edit: <09-05-15/1445:53> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #115 on: <09-05-15/1455:41> »
"I'll do it." Kynos took the charge and left the car.

[spoiler]
Sneak, probably have 6 stun damage since the Kamikaze wore off.
Sneaking: 11d6t5 6 [11d6t5=2, 5, 3, 2, 5, 3, 6, 6, 2, 6, 5]
[/spoiler]

Despite the horrendous pounding in his skull, Kynos made it quickly and quietly to the car.
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #116 on: <09-05-15/2245:11> »
[spoiler]
Hi Jack, I'll have the IC ready in a few hours - you seem to sneak so brilliantly that no one identified you.
With crossbow away(Flatline) and Aiden(dropped out(?!) ) I am not going to wait for any more players.
None of the 20 goons can see you when you sneak to place the 'leech' under the bulldog.  It is impressive because I anticipated the need of magic to make it easier.

Perception: 20#8d6t5 1 3 3 2 2 1 3 2 5 5 2...
[/spoiler]

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #117 on: <09-06-15/0234:10> »
The meeting progresses and tensions are high, a man in a cheap black suit takes a few steps waking with a briefcase while another one is walking toward him with carrying the car ‘keys’ that are actually a low end deck - that presumably has the marks on the roughed up bulldog van. Nobody notices Kanyos as he makes his way toward the bulldog, everyone seem hyper focused in the business transaction.

“Is it all there?” Asks the man on the buying side.
It is all there! 20 crates like agreed. ” - signals him his friend that leaves. the van to join the group.
The buying man looks at the seller with the deck.
“Looks like you got yourself a deal” He moves toward him and carry the briefcase.

At that point Kanyos has already attached the explosive charge to the Bulldog van, and begin to make his way back to their ride. As Kanyos is back DemoX is silent, he takes them far from that abandoned parking lot,  back when redmont was successful it was shopping center. Now it is just another netural turf nobody is interested in.

He tells you “This is as far as we get to be.” . DemoX waits, and waits - until you can see that one of the gangs is leaving the area. Transaction successful... as the selling gang disengages he pulls the trigger, probably killing the buying gang.

BOOOOM! the explosion is so big that the shockwave  explodes windows and rips doors near you. Demolition knowledgeable people can easily notice secondary explosions indicating that not all weapons exploded at the initial explosion. It was a dirty but effective solution.

DemoX sighed and said “I think we just started a war. Lets disappear from here. Should I take you back to the Boobie Trap?”
« Last Edit: <09-06-15/0400:01> by gilga »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #118 on: <09-06-15/0409:09> »
"I got my money, Roxxy and Duck are probably still partying and I have a headache. So no, you can just let me off around the corner. There are some loan sharks I have to visit.
Give me a call if you need another hit and also if you have someone who is willing to pay for that Venom's death."

Kynos waited for DemoX to drop him off and walked back to his place. "Ah, who am I kidding. I'll get more than enough work now that we kick started a war. Time to buy a new bike."
talk think matrix

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <09-06-15/0447:46> »
Since I really like the way Jack ended the IC, This will be the end of this run.
Everyone participating received 7.5k nuyen and 6 karma. Kanyos receives additional 2 karma for risking his neck to blow up the bulldog van and putting to sleep one of the toughest orcs in the streets.

The followup runs will be under the land grab run as Athos and Minnie try to figure out who tried to assassinate the Yakuaza and Mafia seniors.