NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #165 on: <08-23-13/0540:06> »
(Good point. Maybe they both should have Running and use it as both normal Running and Flight.)

Per page 394, Flight is meant to work as a separate skill and is linked to a different Attribute than Running is.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

thinklibertarian

• Chummer
« Reply #166 on: <08-23-13/1145:04> »
Page 121, the Decker has Hacking (Hack On The Fly). HotF is not a valid specialization, according to the skill listing on page 145. It should be Devices, Files, Hosts, or Personas.

Check Overwatch Score matrix action is listed as a simple action on page 238 and the charts on page 244. It is listed as complex in the charts on pages 164 and 475.
« Last Edit: <08-27-13/1622:44> by thinklibertarian »

catmandrake

• Newb
« Reply #167 on: <08-23-13/2226:56> »
Deepweed does not appear on the Addiction Table on page 414 even though its entry on page 411 states that it is physiologically addicting.  What is deepweed's Addiction Rating and Threshold?

Frankenship

• Newb
« Reply #168 on: <08-23-13/2254:40> »
Isn't the quote in the beginning of the book supposed to be from WorldWide WordWatch since it's a definition?  WorldWide WorldWatch is redundant.

Cormroc

• Newb
« Reply #169 on: <08-26-13/1823:19> »
The first sentence of the Activesoft description (p442), blatantly contradicts itself. Are Activesofts available for Physical Active skills or all non-Magic/non-Resonance active skills?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #170 on: <08-26-13/2150:37> »
The first sentence of the Activesoft description (p442), blatantly contradicts itself. Are Activesofts available for Physical Active skills or all non-Magic/non-Resonance active skills?
Good catch, that would kill a bunch of character concepts. On top of that, it kind of makes the fluff make no sense if you can't do Technical skillsoft, etc. I'm guessing it's supposed to be anything but Magic/Resonance Skills.

Edit: I just looked at 4th Edition. I think the cause was a poor copy/paste from that edition to this one. In 4th, it basically says the same thing using the same verbiage, but then goes on to list Combat, Physical Active, Vehicle, Technical, etc...
« Last Edit: <08-26-13/2213:23> by JackVII »
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

thinklibertarian

• Chummer
« Reply #171 on: <08-27-13/1023:54> »
Page 252:

PUPPETEER

You push Resonance commands into a target, forc-ing it to perform a Matrix action. Pick a target and a Matrix action for it to perform. Make a Software + Resonance [Level] v. Willpower + Firewall test with a threshold based on the type of action: 1 for a Free Action, 2 for Simple, and 3 for Complex. If you succeed, the target performs that Matrix action as its next available action.

Is this an opposed test, a threshold test, or both? How does that work?

Aaron

« Reply #172 on: <08-27-13/1557:24> »
Sometimes an opposed test has a threshold. Puppeteer is one of those times.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #173 on: <08-27-13/1613:55> »
Sometimes an opposed test has a threshold. Puppeteer is one of those times.
p.47 could use a bit of editing. I think it's a good ruling.
Note that Opposed tests do not list a threshold.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <08-29-13/0931:11> »
p.74/75 mention "background count".
This is the one and only place that mention this in SR5 core.

Either this reference to background count should be removed
- or it should be explained what it is and how it work.

Instructors cost Instruction*Cost of Spell.  So to get Teacher's Assistant with 2 Skill  to reduce the time it takes for me to learn Manabolt it will cost me $4000?  Shadowrunners are in the wrong market.
(instructor need 4+ skill)
She also need to be awakened, know the spell and invest 1-2 weeks on you.

Combat spells might be illegal or restricted.
Health or detection spells are a lot cheaper.

But why post in the errata thread.
- You feel there is an error with the amount?
« Last Edit: <08-29-13/1012:49> by Xenon »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #175 on: <08-29-13/1611:25> »
Shouldn't that be in the FAQ then?_?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <08-31-13/0500:41> »
how hard is it to hit someone that sprint?

hidden away on the top of p.163 the book state you have -4 dice to hit a ranged attack against a target that sprint. modifier tables and modifier descriptions only list running (with -2 dice) and no word about a special sprinting modifier.

i feel that either p.163 need an errata to remove the -4 dice pool modifier or modifier tables and descriptions should be clarified and updated with the -4 dice pool modifier for hitting a sprinting target.

ChaosArmoury

• Newb
« Reply #177 on: <09-02-13/1206:54> »
On p. 246, the Track program mentions a Trace User test, but there's no such thing. It should be a Trace Icon test.

I think this has been brought up elsewhere, but the Editor complex form on p. 252 looks redundant with the Edit File Matrix action.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #178 on: <09-02-13/1255:56> »
on page 238, DATA SPIKE is a (complex Action) but on page 244 it listed on the table as a Simple, i take it this is a error right?

Archaos

• Newb
« Reply #179 on: <09-06-13/0940:22> »
p. 116 - Combat Mage
What are the priorities assigned to the Combat Mage? I can't recreate the same archetype.
- No skill group : priority D or E for skills
- Human with 28 points in attributes : priority B for attributes (20 points)
- The priority A is not for Magic because the combat mage have Edge 2 and is Human (min. 1 point in special attributes). He is a full magician because he have spellcasting and summoning, and no adept powers. The priority C is for Magic and the D for Metatype.
- D for Metatype => E for skills. Missing a lot of skills points.  ??? with karma ?
- remains A for resources !  :o