NEWS

Paper Blossoms

• 81 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #15 on: <04-13-17/0005:08> »
So much going on, it's hard to focus on anything, really...

'Lil turns to Penguin.  <<@Penguin: Right, I'm 'Lil.  I s'pose we can head that way.  Did you notice these spots here and there?  Like warm and cold spots, but when you look close, it's a simple binary code.  Another puzzle you think?  Or just more weird stuff?>>

She began walking down the street, away from the alley and the odd tarpits.  They gave her the creeps, really.  Now that she was moving away from them, she actually felt more at ease.

<<@Penguin: Those tarpit glitches are really weird.  You're right, there shouldn't be that many glitches in a high end game like this.  I wonder what gives.>>

As they continued, she noticed a few additional players headed in their same direction.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-13-17/1539:39> »
Once they got to the area that the dragon egg race was being held at they found that they had about two dozen other people in the same area listed on the map. Once they got into the designated area the games few instructions flashed in their HUD's and boiled down to the eggs being hidden by a cult looking to raise the dragonets to start an army, yadda, yadda. They had hidden them and placed each egg within traps to prevent anyone from taking them. If you were killed trying to steal the egg you would respawn at the Church of the Dragon's Eye. It was far enough away to effectively slow down anyone trying to win. But, not to far that you'd give up completely. The race would start in 3 minutes.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-13-17/1741:43> »
'Lil looks over the others and then back to Penguin.

<<@Penguin: So you got questions specifically, or what?>>

As she waits for the cute avatar to respond she considers what might be the best way to get an edge on the other players.  I should take a look at the game host, might be hackable.  Could also give us an idea of the glitches I saw earlier.

She takes a moment and draws strings of resonance up, shaping them, just out of sight.  The resonance pulled back, but her attunement with it was solid.  The effort wasn't even taxing.  'Lil gave a portion of her attention over to Penguin while she sent a quick mental command to the Sprite.

Help me scan the host, let's try to figure out what we're dealing with here.

The Sprite zipped off even as 'Lil looked around herself.  This is a gaming host, so it shouldn't be excessively robust.  The firewall will be good, but I should be able to crack it...  Between the Sprite and her own coding, she wasn't able to immediately figure anything out.

Interesting...
« Last Edit: <04-13-17/1757:18> by Jayde Moon »

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <04-13-17/1803:33> »
Now in a hurry Penguin rapidly spurts out her questionsWell, what is you opinion of this simrig work, if it real enough for you? Do you have previous experience with the subject mater? If so, how does it compare to the real thing? Is your persona the same gender as you? Are the puzzles challenging enough? Have you watched Broken Blade the anime? How have you enjoyed the interaction with the other players? What is your favorite color?

Penguin would the grab Lil's hand and try to pull her along to the game area.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <04-13-17/2015:32> »
Penguin looks at Lil' quizzically Um do you need help with something? You look a little distracted.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-13-17/2101:48> »
Trying to decipher the very fabric of the server was difficult.  Contagion games had put a lot of work into keeping everything under wraps, it seemed.

The flurry of questions flew by almost unnoticed.

<@'Lil: Um do you need help with something? You look a little distracted.

'Lil divided her attention to Penguin.

<<@Penguin: Does any of this seem odd to you?  I don't mean the game itself, but the coding... and the level of it?  I mean, it's a game server, not the toughest nut to crack, hrm?  But this one seems better protected, even scanning its peripherals is hard.>>

As she spoke, she finally pierced through the veil, barely enough to see the base processor, but what she saw...

<<@Penguin:  Oh, wow... I mean, this is running on a rig on par with Seattle's admin host.  Drek, better, even.  If they put that much work into that, why the sloppy glitchwork?  I can't even peep the firewall, actually...>>

[spoiler=Contagion Games Host]After roughly 30 seconds and 25 attempts at Matrix Perception (assisted by the Data Sprite), finally got 1 Net Hit, allowing me to gain one piece of information about the server.  That would be the Host Rating, which is 8.  By comparison, the Seattle Metroplex Admin Host is 7, Knight Errant Station Host is 6, Louis Vuitton Store in Manhattan is 6.[/spoiler]

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <04-14-17/1758:16> »
With a grin Penguin says That means it is on purpose, Do you think it is part of a puzzle?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <04-14-17/1827:39> »
<<@Penguin: I don't think so.  I guess it's possible.  I'll look into it later, the egg hunt is about to start.>>

'Lil moved up to ensure she caught any instructions that were given out.  She didn't expect necessarily to win, but she at least wanted to well.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <04-14-17/2057:10> »
Penguin would run off to the game through the main streets avoiding alleys and glitches; singing a J-pop song that Lil' has never heard before.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-15-17/0119:31> »
The dragon egg race was initiated by a well staged fight between priests of the Church of the Dragon's Eye and an assassins guild whose symbol had been used in a few of the more lethal puzzles earlier in the game. As such it was familiar to the players even from the distance that they were viewing the battle. 'Lil and Penguin saw different groups of the assassins guild take off in a dozen different directions before each entered magical portals that whisked them away. From the menu's HUD 'Lil and Penguin saw different teams head towards the group that had been nearest them in order maximize their time in finding the eggs.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <04-15-17/0534:18> »
@Game System: What team am I on? Penguin would quickly start watching lets plays of the mini game to get an idea where the eggs would be.
data search:
[spoiler] 12 dice, 5 hits, limit data processing 5 [/spoiler]

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-15-17/1257:15> »
As she watched several streamers play the Dragon Egg race, the first one to reach one of the sites the assassins guild members had disappeared from was SmackDabGab. Penguin watched her place several pieces of seeming trash together to make a portal gun and activate it with a power gem. When she went through, the room she entered was dark, but, as the portal's light flickered off behind her it revealed a runic tracing. Penguin saw SmackDabGab light a glow stick and start studying the runes. But, then GoToGuy was at his portal site and began tapping on a windchime. After several different tunes he got the portal to open. Penguin recognized the music from the game trailers. Then she and Lil reached the site they had headed for.

[spoiler]Penguin finds that she is listed as an individual for the race. She and Lil will have to friend each other and list themselves as a team.
[/spoiler]

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <04-15-17/1519:27> »
Penguin turns to Lil' her fins held together behind her back, with a meek look on her face. Looks like I am alone in this... Penguin speaks nervously do you maybe want to join my team?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-15-17/1616:28> »
{{{{{@Penguin: You have a friend request!  *'Lil ACCEPT Y/N?}}}}}

'Lil moves forward a few steps and then looks back at Penguin.

<<@Penguin: Well?>>

Showgun117

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <04-15-17/2041:45> »
Penguin begins to bounce around exited. Yay I have a new friend, let go get 'um!