NEWS

Shadowrun: Sprawl Ops Boardgame

• 47 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <05-28-18/0216:27> »

Edit: Btw, they put the Kickstarter in the site's blog, but not on the banner.

That's good.  Don't want the announcement too easy to find right?
:-X Yeah, their blog kinda lacks visibility. It's not on Tumblr, though fortunately they did a few posts on Facebook about it.

The only downside to extra dice is that they're 6/6/6/6/6, while the base game uses 10/8/8/8/2. But for normal runs they'll be nice too. =)
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-28-18/0840:44> »
@Michael - can you comment at all about the dice layout? They talk about using them for the RPG in Update 8 (iirc), but I must have missed something? Is there 1 symbol to represent a glitch (1) and two symbols to represent a success (5/6) with the other sides blank?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #17 on: <05-28-18/0935:48> »
The dice they currently have indeed have 2 Success symbols and 1 Glitch symbol, as well as 3 blank sides. There have been suggestions to add small numbers so they can be decently recycled for normal games and for exploding dice. I must admit I kinda like them without actual numbers, but if they stick to that I do hope they'll put some kinds of markings on instead.

Unfortunately I'll be in bed by the time they do a Co-op & Q&A stream this evening, so won't be able to ask about their current dice-plans. All I can tell you is that Lynnvander has to get an answer from Catalyst for what Catalyst wants for these dice, as it's up to Catalyst.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-28-18/1350:41> »
Actually, that answers most of my questions, thanks. I don’t think I’ll be able to make the Q&A session later either, so will have to wait and see the transcript. I kinda like the idea of just having the successes and glitches, but appreciate the other arguments. I already have a TON of normal dice, so the idea of these being special/unique is rather appealing.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <06-03-18/1655:49> »
There will be a live playthrough on monday! O_O Definitely a must-watch if you're interested in the actual gameflow. I might try to find time to rewatch that in my own timezone on tuesday. Haven't seen a playthrough since Playtest, and they changed a LOT to increase the pace since!

Meanwhile they're at $92.4k, so hopefully they'll hit the $100k for the foil board on monday or tuesday. Hope it will look gorgeous.

I won't be able to keep people up to date on the Kickstarter, I fear. =P Busy days ahead with wedding-prep, wedding and then packing stuff for the honeymoon... And I doubt I'll find much time in Scotland to go online and keep up with the KS and the forums. So AJ, I'm handing over to you, don't crash the ambulance whatever you do. :P

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #20 on: <06-03-18/1911:59> »
I’m hoping the KS will make it to 105k for the additional upgrade whatever that is
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <06-04-18/0234:22> »
To celebrate 1k backers, they doubled their Gear+Loot rewards. So that's another 3 Loot Cards and 2 Gear Cards, on top of the ones already unlocked.

I am curious what the Additional Upgrade will be. Will it be just more Upgrade cards, or an additional fourth type? And if the latter, will runners then be able to handle 4 Upgrades (1 of each kind), or still 3 with max 1 of each kind? We'll find out soon I hope, they had a really nice uptick in backing yesterday, hope that momentum carries forward. Me, I want the Extra Location for more replayability fun!

I'm hearing talk of a SRO-backer exclusive Face in the comments, apparently I missed something important in the Q&A sessions I lacked time for. O_O And possibly SRR-backer exclusives? But yeah, apparently Smedley will be in the game for some people! (Kinda a shame it's limited like that, but eh.)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <06-04-18/0826:05> »
I got an email from Cliffhanger indicating that throes who backed SRO and back this will get a bonus card, though no details as tat he actual card.

I’m rather intrigued to see what comes after $120K...which is looking very achievable at this point.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <06-04-18/1407:19> »
Apparently it's Smedley, a Face with a special ability. I like how he apparently made it out of the Boston Lockdown.

$100k: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/450703636/shadowrun-sprawl-ops-boardgame/posts/2204449

Digital Mock Up of the foil gameboard! And they'll post the >120k goals within a few days!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-04-18/1729:58> »
Picture of the mock-up:

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #25 on: <06-05-18/1249:43> »
Smedley's on the Shadowrun Universe main page now! ;D He provides two face dice and a special ability as well. He's as expensive as a multiclassing Face, but without multiclassing. The special ability might make up for that though.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #26 on: <06-06-18/0057:11> »
Are you a big Shadowrun fan?

Do you want to be an actual part of Shadowrun?

Now you can!

Become a Runner: New pledge levels posted. All these Pledge Levels involve submitting a photo that is converted into a custom Runner card for you. But there's more:

$250-pledge (150 only): The art will feature in future Shadowrun products.
$500 (50 only): You'll be on the box bottom AND a named canon character in a future Shadowrun product.
$2000: You will also become a major character in an upcoming Shadowrun novel.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <06-06-18/0112:39> »
Michael,
Are you getting paid to promote this product or something? ;-)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #28 on: <06-06-18/0844:35> »
I'd wish, chummer, I'd wish. If I were, I'd use that cash to snatch one of those 2 Street Legend spots and convert my NPC, whose looks are similar to mine, into an official major character. ^_^ You can see him in my avatar. Now I am just looking into the Veteran Runner option.

Edit: Aaaand they're gone! 0 out of 2 Street Legends left, 47 out of 50 Rogue's Gallery left, 141 out of 150 Veteran Runners left. Thanks to that, we're already almost at the final extra die. Let's hope it's not a sixth Face die! It'd take a lot of effort to require that many! XD

After that we get into uncharted territory with Stretch Goals already partially discussed in Q&A (I think) but not posted yet. So now we wait. 8)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #29 on: <06-07-18/0346:49> »
We are now on our way to new Stretch Goals, which include Legendary Runners, Freelance and Coop card packs, and at the $300k I hope we'll get to, an extra city board. Recap of things I got from scrolling through the Q&A on youtube:

- Standard card sizes so sleevable
- Normal nuyen tokens quantities the same as the metal version
- Metal dice will also have the additional face-dice if you buy the full set that matches the game
- The ??? stretch goals between $250k and $300k are currently being playtested and pricesourced, so not officially announced yet
- The ??? stretch goals likely will include add-ons, such as perhaps a dicebag, but again nothing solid yet
- Dragon Final Mission for Coop slowly destroys the city (aka Locations and the deck and more), so a ticking clock that hurts a lot
- Next week: ORIGINS!!!
- Foil Tokens will be Kickstarter-exclusive
- Legendary Runners will be Kickstarter-exclusive
- Extra Dice are Kickstarter-exclusive
- Extra Cards unsure if they will be or not right now
- Extra Locations are Kickstarter-exclusive
- They will likely print some extra KS-versions as part of the limited run and have those at cons only, not freely available for sale
- Legendary Runners are runners with abilities and will be rather expensive (probably 12k for 2 symbols and an ability)
- ALL extra dice are Face dice
- Veteran Runners were originally meant to replace Starting Runners, but it MAY become possible to become a Mage card or something else (I want a Street Face o.o)
- Veteran Runners may get a spare duplicate
- Veteran Runners get a digital file of the card as well

« Last Edit: <06-07-18/0541:21> by Michael Chandra »