NEWS

[SR6] Kechibi Code - Guizhen 1 Weapons

• 2 Replies

Robert

• Newb
« on: <03-21-22/0828:54> »
Could someone explain the Guizhen I weapons from Kechibi Code to me?

The text says that the role is Body plus Willpower versus setting of the device.
The rule box says, damage is 10 Stun.
Does this mean...

Alternative 1: Weapon does 10 Stun damage plus net successes. No Reaction + Intuition evasion roll. Damage is soaked with Body and Willpower.
Alternative 2: Weapon does 10 Stun damage plus net successes. Target first does Reaction + Intuition evasion roll. If any successes remain, damage is soaked with Body and Willpower.
Alternative 3: Attacker rolls 10 Dice (setting of the weapon), defender rolls Body + Willpower, any net hits are stun damage. Not sure how attack roll successes play into this.

Thanks.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-21-22/1406:58> »
Could someone explain the Guizhen I weapons from Kechibi Code to me?

The text says that the role is Body plus Willpower versus setting of the device.
The rule box says, damage is 10 Stun.
Does this mean...

Alternative 1: Weapon does 10 Stun damage plus net successes. No Reaction + Intuition evasion roll. Damage is soaked with Body and Willpower.
Alternative 2: Weapon does 10 Stun damage plus net successes. Target first does Reaction + Intuition evasion roll. If any successes remain, damage is soaked with Body and Willpower.
Alternative 3: Attacker rolls 10 Dice (setting of the weapon), defender rolls Body + Willpower, any net hits are stun damage. Not sure how attack roll successes play into this.

Thanks.

Nope. Even the author can't explain them.
We are currently working on errata and it is on the list to address.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Robert

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-26-22/0953:38> »
Thank you for the honest answer.

When doing errata, here is what I think may work:

Guizhen 1 weapons: Treat them similar to Super Squirt. Roll exotic weapons + Agility versus Reaction + Intuition. If attacker has minimum same number of successes, the special effect of the weapons is applied. Additional net successes have no damage increasing effect. If defender has at least 1 more success, he was able to avert his eyes, cover his eyes, shut his eyes or in some other way prevent the effect of the weapon. This is also possible for cone and area attacks. In case the special weapon effect applies, attacker rolls 5 or 10 dice (depending on weapon setting), defender rolls Body + Willpower. If attacker has net successes those are immediatly applied to stun condition monitor.
In addition, remove the ablity to do Semi-Automatic. How should someone "multi fire" a continous light beam?

Guizhen 1 Shields: Reduce capacity cost for visor from 5 to 4, so it fits into normal helmets. It would be even better if both (glasses and visor) are fused into one item, both with 4 slot capacity cost and same Nuyen cost.

Guizhen 2 weapons: Remove any mentioning of physical damage with a second hit. The overflow of damage from stun to physical with longer exposure to this particle beam simply follows the normal rules that in case stun condition monitor is full, additional stun damage flows into physical monitor.
In addition, remove the ablity to do Semi-Automatic. How should someone "multi fire" a continous particle beam?
Change deactivation of electronics and cyberware to comparing the applied damage (after evasion and soak roll) with the device rating, not the base damage prior defense rolls.