NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #840 on: <11-13-15/0602:37> »
Try and increase the value of your MAG by clicking the arrow button. You'll probably find that the current value is reduced to your new maximum. I'll take a look at getting the updowns to refresh when your maximum goes below the current value.

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #841 on: <11-13-15/1107:47> »

First used the Point system (800 Karma) Purchased MA up to 4 (50 Karma).  Added the ware (mostly Bio, 1.65 essence worth) and everything worked fine. If i attempted to go below 4 essence, it would not let me purchase the ware unless I went back and reduced the character's magic by 1 to 3. OK a nice little safeguard I thought..

[...]

Not sure if this helps, but here's a little tidbit of information that might help you solve this conundrum:
Chummer assume that the NUMBER you set for you MAG attribute is the final value you want.  If your essence gets reduced, Chummer tries to pay for the difference with Special Attribute points or Karma as applicable. 
Not sure if this helps...

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #842 on: <11-13-15/1444:36> »
using Chummer 5.176 I re-made a character which crashed in previous versions using the life modules- and it still will not allow me to save as completed because it claims I am over limits on skill groups, active skills, and knowledge skills. Simply taking the life slots puts the character over these limits, which I was under the impression were suspended if you used life modules. How do I get the character which we have been using for multiple games to actually save so I can document what we have been doing with it in the software? There really should be an "I don't care, save it as completed anyways" button for cases like this...
... in point of fact it seems to treat any skills gained from life modules as being over the limit, from the first skill point gained from a life module.
« Last Edit: <11-13-15/1450:48> by silveroak »

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #843 on: <11-13-15/1511:56> »

First used the Point system (800 Karma) Purchased MA up to 4 (50 Karma).  Added the ware (mostly Bio, 1.65 essence worth) and everything worked fine. If i attempted to go below 4 essence, it would not let me purchase the ware unless I went back and reduced the character's magic by 1 to 3. OK a nice little safeguard I thought..

[...]

Not sure if this helps, but here's a little tidbit of information that might help you solve this conundrum:
Chummer assume that the NUMBER you set for you MAG attribute is the final value you want.  If your essence gets reduced, Chummer tries to pay for the difference with Special Attribute points or Karma as applicable. 
Not sure if this helps...
...OK opened the character and am looking at the totals. I see 60 Karma for special attributes.  That would be 45 for Magic (4) and another 15 for raising Edge to 3 (human).  Buying the Adapt Quality (20) gives me 1 Magic to start with. adding 45 takes it to 4.    After purchasing the augmentations (1.65 Essence worth) Magic remained at 4 but no additional Karma was added to the Special Attributes column. (it should have added another 35 for a total of 95).  So technically the Karma build skirts the rules somewhat in that you effectively have more to spend on Special attributes.  However in using Priority System, supposedly this cannot be done after "Step 5 - Purchasing Augmentations" (though I have not found anything in the text that requires one to follow the steps in sequence as listed in the "Building a Shadowrunner Section" as this being an "absolute" rule, I requested more clarification and a page citing on that).

Now according to the rules about Magic loss, this is still being handled wrong as to increase magic after implants, one would need to initiate which is not permitted during chargen.  Therefore I would have then needed to first buy  the attribute at 6 (total 100 Karma) as being able to buy it up afterwards breaks the rules.
« Last Edit: <11-13-15/1608:42> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #844 on: <11-15-15/0740:32> »
Whoops. Yeah, I found the problem. Will be fixed shortly.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #845 on: <11-15-15/1850:08> »
I not sure or not if your missing the 500Y Vehicle modification Manual operation on page 461.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #846 on: <11-16-15/0307:17> »
Right, karma calculation for special and primary attributes should be working properly again in the dev build. Sorry about that.

celondon

• Chummer
« Reply #847 on: <12-21-15/2010:49> »
If I use a Sum-to-Ten and then use the "Change Priority Selection", Chummer crashes with the following error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at Chummer.frmSumtoTenMetatype.LoadMetatypes() in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Character Creation\frmSumtoTenMetatype.cs:line 1959
   at Chummer.frmSumtoTenMetatype.frmSumtoTenMetatype_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\projects\chummer5a\Chummer\Character Creation\frmSumtoTenMetatype.cs:line 245
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1063.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 0.5.178.0
    Win32 Version: 0.5.178.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/PNP%20Games/Chummer/Chummer5/Chummer5.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Skating away on the thin ice of a new day!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #848 on: <12-21-15/2205:51> »
Known issue, fixed in 5.179.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #849 on: <12-22-15/0059:58> »
Just to get ahead of this, when you are ready to tackle the vehicle mod stuff from Rigger 5.0, the drone mod section is optional, so if you could provide a settings option to choose whether to use the drone rules or the generic vehicle rules for drones that would be great. I expect that implementing any part of it will require a ton of work, so I certainly don't expect it any time soon, I just wanted to get this out there so that it can be considered as you plan for those changes.

And thanks for all your hard work on Chimmer 5 - it's a Herculean task, and I truly appreciate your efforts.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #850 on: <12-25-15/0501:36> »
...the Chummer 5a Latest Version link still pulls up ver. 5.178.  How do I get the download for ver 5.179?

5.178 still pops up the "Not a valid character" message when trying to save character "as finished" after using Karma to increase Edge during the chargen phase.
« Last Edit: <12-25-15/0507:19> by kyoto kid »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #851 on: <12-25-15/0527:17> »
5.179's technically still a beta, as I'm not done with implementing AI in it yet. If you're game to try the nightly builds, just download the top entry at https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases. Can you send me your chum5 file? The special attributes error tends to be indicative of something else, there's something finicky with the validation.

5.179 should be some time before the new year.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #852 on: <12-25-15/0534:23> »
...the character file?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #854 on: <12-25-15/0539:53> »
...how do I attach a file?