NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #825 on: <11-01-15/2250:38> »
I have a 0.5.176 build but there's no Life Modules in it. Guess I need to re-download the program.
Edit: found the cause of my problem! Got to check the "life modules available' box in Options.
« Last Edit: <11-01-15/2258:01> by ZeldaBravo »
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #826 on: <11-02-15/0236:12> »
So, I figured I would ask here instead of making a whole new thread.  How do I add Nano systems to my character in Chummer? I am attempting to add a Control Rig Booster hard nano system, but I can't seem to find them..  I found the hard nanohive... but not the systems that the hives would support.  I kinda feel like if it was a snake, it probably would have bitten the crap out of me already...
Nanotech systems have not yet been fully added to the XML files, so there's nothing to actually select.  For reference, in the previous Chummer for SR4a all of the nanite systems were actually found in the Gear section, not Cyberware/Bioware.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #827 on: <11-02-15/0653:08> »
Nanotech will be in 5.177; there's some finickiness I need to sort out with the implant medic that I'm not particularly pleased with.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #828 on: <11-02-15/1701:26> »
*Shrug* No skin off my back; you'd get some odd looks if you asked for it in my games, but that's neither here nor there. All eligible powers will be able to receive the discount in the next build.

Genemods don't seem to have been set up to do anything as yet. I'll get to them in the next build as well.

Also, useful PSA for those of you who print your character sheets to PDF:
To preserve the background colour formatting and such from the sheets, follow these steps.
Important PSA for people wanting to print to pDF directly from Chummer:

Open up Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon, and hover over Print.
Select Page Setup.
In the Page Setup dialog box, place a check in the Print background colors and images check box, and then tap or click OK.

I'm going to build in some code to automatically apply that setting when you print from Chummer later, but that won't be for a little while.
...will this also work with FF as well or just IE?
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #829 on: <11-02-15/1832:48> »
Chummer picks up the printer setting from the registry; enabling it in IE is just the easiest way of configuring the setting. I don't think Firefox alters the default setting.

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #830 on: <11-02-15/2218:13> »
Nanotech will be in 5.177; there's some finickiness I need to sort out with the implant medic that I'm not particularly pleased with.

Ah gotcha, I used the custom gear option to at least account for the nuyen cost for the time being.  I will just wait patiently until y'all get it all worked out. :)

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #831 on: <11-11-15/0825:12> »
So due to the way we're doing releases at the moment, I've started doing nightly builds. This basically means that those of you who don't have access to a compiler can run the developement versions of the code. You can get to them via https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases, where they'll be highlighted as Pre-Release. You can always access the most recent Live build by going to https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest if you don't want to deal with how buggy the pre-releases can be.

Anyway, I need you guys to test something for me; the current dev build has enabled switching around your ASDF attributes for commlinks and cyberdecks (I know Commlinks can't do it, but that's just how the code works for now) but I'm not sure if there's any easy ways to break it. If you get a chance, could you grab the current nightly build and give it a crack? It's only enabled in Create mode for the moment.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/download/Nightly-v1.0.539/Chummer.Nightly.zip

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #832 on: <11-11-15/0906:58> »
Has Custom Protection (for example, from the Big Game Hunter armor in Run & Gun) been implemented?  Aside from modding the armor after-the-fact (which eats Capacity), I can't seem to find it.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #833 on: <11-11-15/0914:35> »
There is a mod option called Liner or something which doesn't cost capacity.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #834 on: <11-11-15/0916:40> »
There is a mod option called Liner or something which doesn't cost capacity.

Perfect, thanks!
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #835 on: <11-11-15/1526:56> »
So due to the way we're doing releases at the moment, I've started doing nightly builds. This basically means that those of you who don't have access to a compiler can run the developement versions of the code. You can get to them via https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases, where they'll be highlighted as Pre-Release. You can always access the most recent Live build by going to https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest if you don't want to deal with how buggy the pre-releases can be.

Anyway, I need you guys to test something for me; the current dev build has enabled switching around your ASDF attributes for commlinks and cyberdecks (I know Commlinks can't do it, but that's just how the code works for now) but I'm not sure if there's any easy ways to break it. If you get a chance, could you grab the current nightly build and give it a crack? It's only enabled in Create mode for the moment.

https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/download/Nightly-v1.0.539/Chummer.Nightly.zip

any plans on implementing something like this for Riggers to set their Sharing and Noise cancellation settings?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #836 on: <11-11-15/1611:13> »
I was initially planning to handle all that as part of the eventual cyberdeck/RCC rewrite, but it'll be a relatively easy amount of work. It'll be in the next build.

As for Custom Protection, the Globetrotter Jacket Liners mod category is the intended workaround. Comes from before I started work on Chummer, so I'll probably convert it to use standard code at some point.
« Last Edit: <11-12-15/0122:45> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #837 on: <11-12-15/0229:46> »
I noticed tonight that attempting to add the Infected: Vampire (Human) quality causes a soft error and does not apply. The description is "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I am using standard Priority with all books enabled. I have selected all of my attributes (spend all of both Primary and Special Attribute points). I have also tried it with a fresh character. Nosferatu also seems to fail in the same way.

Is there a step I'm missing, or is this a bug? I haven't seen it reported here or on Github.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #838 on: <11-12-15/0724:21> »
Short version of the story is I did something stupid with infected weapons and didn't fix it properly. Will be in the next build.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #839 on: <11-12-15/1907:01> »
...ran into an interesting issue.

Building an adept with some ware and lower beginning Magic Attribute..

First used the Point system (800 Karma) Purchased MA up to 4 (50 Karma).  Added the ware (mostly Bio, 1.65 essence worth) and everything worked fine. If i attempted to go below 4 essence, it would not let me purchase the ware unless I went back and reduced the character's magic by 1 to 3. OK a nice little safeguard I thought..

Next I built the same test character using the standard Priority System with Magic at Priority D (2 MA) and Metatype at E (Human +1 Special Attribute Point) so I could get Resources at C (140,000). I applied the one Special Attribute point from Priority E to raise MA to 3 then spent 20 Karma to increase it to 4. After that I purchased the ware.  However when I went back to the Common Tab to verify the augmented attributes, I noticed under the Build Summary the Special Attribute Points were listed as "-2 of 1", At first I thought "how can be" as I was supposed to have 2 MA from Priority D. Then it occurred to me the only other possibility could be that the programme  was deducting the essence for the bioware from the characters MA rating of 4 which did not occur in the first test.  Sure enough, when I removed one of the pieces of ware (Orthoskin 3) which  moved the character above 5 essence, the Special Attribute point deficit was only -1 instead of -2.  Doing so with the Point Build test character gave me no Karma back.

It doesn't make sense that this dynamic would be different between the two charagen systems.

-----

Update, the consensus I have come to after discussing the matter with others is that the Karma 800 option is handling the situation incorrectly. The augmentations I chose should have reduced the MA from 4 to 2. (which could be bought back up to 4 by juggling some Karma around)
« Last Edit: <11-13-15/0456:20> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you