NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #780 on: <09-27-15/1837:06> »
Winners Don't Use Torrents

But I ALWAYS use torrents to download games that interest me, if the option is presented.  Like anything by Wargaming.net (World of Tanks, Warplanes, Warships) for example.  Torrents are just that much easier than having a single server to download a 14GB game from, which will then randomly disconnect somewhere around the 80% mark and force you to start over five times...  (I'm looking at YOU Mechwarrior Online! <.<)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #781 on: <09-27-15/2326:38> »
Winners Don't Use Torrents

I bought it off of drivethrurpg.com. As for compiling the data, I would but I have no clue how to do so.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #782 on: <09-28-15/0230:25> »
*shrug* Depends on what's in there. You should be able to open up lifemodules.xml and lifestyles.xml in the data folder to copy their structure.

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #783 on: <09-28-15/0238:28> »
*shrug* Depends on what's in there. You should be able to open up lifemodules.xml and lifestyles.xml in the data folder to copy their structure.
I know people are gonna roll eyes when I post this, but *.XML files are nothing but *.TXT files with a different extension, and even basic Notepad.EXE (which I use) can open and modify *.XML files.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #784 on: <09-29-15/1116:42> »
Righto, new version should be available from the usual locations now. Nothing majorly interesting to report, this is mostly a bugfix release. As ever, if you find an issue, please post it up on the issue tracker. There's some behind-the-scenes stuff going on with process optimisation and benchmarking.

As far as book content goes, we're more or less up to date, with exception of AI, shifters (Seriously, WHY do you have to buy up their stats separately?) and things like dongles.

Custom drugs are around 30% complete; there's another fork of Chummer that's got the bones of a custom drug builder in it that I'll be looking to integrate in the near future. I'm told there's a new Shadows in Who-Cares-About-The-NAN that includes new life modules and lifestyles; the content doesn't personally interest me, so adding the data for that will be on the backburner until a third party does the import. If you've got the book, some basic XML skills and would like to help, drop me a line.

Download sources:

autoupdate for versions above 5.165 via Tools > Check for Updates
Dropbox
GitHub

Build 175:

Application Change:

- Removed extraneous code for the Infirm quality.
- Minor quality of life update; if you have no Settings file present when creating a new character, Chummer will prompt you to launch the Options menu.
- You can now press Ctrl-W to close a character file.
- Fixed an issue with purchasing additional months of a lifestyle in career mode.
- Fixed an issue with lifestyle qualities that had the selecttext bonus.
- The Quality selector will show negative metagenetic qualities by default, but hide positive ones unless you're a Changeling.
- Support for the Trust Fund quality added.
- The Technomancer registered sprite limit is now based on LOG instead of CHA.
- Fixed an issue with the cyberware selection screen not showing Essence costs.
- Complex Forms show their translated name properly.
- Redid how basic lifestyles work. Should make them behave better, should prevent crashes for older characters.
- Fixed an issue that caused initiation schooling to show as a nuyen gain in the karma/nuyen log.
- Fixed a crash caused by lifestyles with qualities.

Data Change:

- Nanohive crash issue fixed.
- Ratings for the Expanded Volume and Amplified Immune System bioware fixed to 4.
- Fixed incorrect category for certain rituals.
- Missing drugs from Chrome Flesh added. Custom drugs aren't implemented yet. As an interim, you can use Custom Item to emulate the drugs.
- Fixed incorrect data for the Nitama Sporter.

String Changes:

- Message_CharacterOptions_OpenOptions
- MessageTitle_CharacterOptions_OpenOptions

Magusinvictus

• Newb
« Reply #785 on: <09-30-15/1722:20> »
Hi there,

First of all, apologies, I've not read the 53 prior pages of this thread. Chummer 5 is a great piece of software, but I wonder if anyone can help or advise? When making an adept, I'm finding that when selecting adept powers, for those powers with multiple levels, the level selector is greyed out, and I cannot take more than 1 level of that power.

I assume I must be doing something wrong?

Thanks very much in advance...

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #786 on: <09-30-15/1820:11> »
Adept powers are next on the list of things I need to look at again, there's some odd behaviour at present. That's a new one though; could you upload your character file somewhere for me?

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #787 on: <10-01-15/0519:14> »
The only easy solution would be that your MAG score is at 1, so you naturally can't have a higher level in adept powers. Levels are either capped by the power in question or your MAG attribute, whichever is lower.

Magusinvictus

• Newb
« Reply #788 on: <10-01-15/0609:00> »
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

I've done some more playing with the system, and found that it seems to only affect the adept power "Enhanced Accuracy", which I apply to the blades skill. Other adept powers with levels I've tried work fine.

I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong; after selecting the power (with the specific skill), the level selector is greyed out. Do you have to assign it to a given purchased weapon or something to make it work?

I'll export the XML file for you if I'm not doing anything wrong, and something is, as they say, up!

Thanks!

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #789 on: <10-01-15/0656:14> »
Enhanced Accuracy doesn't have levels, per se.  It can be purchased multiple times (for different skills each time) at a single level.  I'm away from my PC right now--can you buy it separately for each skill you want to apply it to?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #790 on: <10-01-15/0934:34> »
Yup, that's working as intended. I guess I could set it so that the level selector is hidden if the power doesn't come with levels?

Magusinvictus

• Newb
« Reply #791 on: <10-01-15/0947:31> »
(Refers back to SR5 core)

Oops, sorry for being such a numpty, that's learned me proper... I'll investigate more fully and think before posting in future!

Thanks!!!

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #792 on: <10-02-15/0247:56> »
Chummer5isAlive, I don't think that's necessary.
One power you should maybe look into is Improved Potential (the limit increasing one). It has levels, but can't be used on the same limit more than once. So maybe you should implement it as separate powers without levels, one for each limit.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #793 on: <10-02-15/0549:57> »
Cheers for the Lucean, I've added that for the next build.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #794 on: <10-08-15/2103:04> »
Just to head off some queries, I'm currently elbows-deep in a small rewrite of how ammunition is handled, so the next release won't be for a while (Next Friday, most likely). Hard Targets content will be the next priority addition after I'm done with this lot; as ever, if someone has the time and inclination to do the heavy lifting of formatting it up I'd appreciate it.