NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #645 on: <11-03-14/1616:15> »
Soulbinder: Adam's email to contact him regarding Chummer is in the OP and is still valid the last time I checked. He mentioned a bit ago he was busy with personal stuff, so probably took a break for a bit, as Chummer is mostly functional. Though, there are obviously bugs to work out.

Hit him up. I can't guarantee he'll respond, but that's the best route at the moment. Second best route would be a PM on the forums.

-Ariketh

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #646 on: <11-03-14/1855:44> »
Has the software been updated ?
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #647 on: <11-03-14/1921:02> »
The software has been updated several times, but since we have no idea which version you're using or when you last updated, we can't answer your question.  The best way to find out though is to start Chummer and tell it to look for updates.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

gazer

• Newb
« Reply #648 on: <11-04-14/0040:48> »
so i have an issue with how chummer is displayed, no matter the size of the program it will not show me the bottom part of the program where current karma and nuyen is. this also means i have use the task manager to get out of chummer if i open the options as the button to get out is hidden. and the box for active skills is too small to use.

i don't think this is a bug on chummer's end just my computer and i was hoping someone else had run into this problem before and fixed it . i have the latest version of chummer

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #649 on: <11-04-14/0749:04> »
so i have an issue with how chummer is displayed, no matter the size of the program it will not show me the bottom part of the program where current karma and nuyen is.

I have that, too, but no solution yet. My window snips off the bottom lines, so I cannot see the last skill in the knowledge skills box etc.
Liber et infractus

Beaumis

• Omae
« Reply #650 on: <11-11-14/1444:19> »
Wrong Table Entry: The Colt Inception from GH3 has it's firing modes listed as SA/FA. Should be SA/BF.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #651 on: <11-12-14/0158:26> »
I don't know if this is a problem with the program or if im not doing something right, but I can't seem to load any ammo into my assault rifle. I have tons of assault rifle ammo. Said rifle IS mounted in a rotodrone. Does that make a difference?

lil help?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #652 on: <11-12-14/0208:30> »
IIRC for vehicles and drones you have to move ammo to said vehicle or drone then load the weapon.  If you go to the gear tab and click on some ammo you should see a small button with a car icon.  You can use that to transfer ammo to the drone.  You can also buy ammo for the drone directly by right clicking on it and adding gear.  You can also transfer ammo from a vehicle/drone back your main inventory.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #653 on: <11-12-14/0305:46> »
IIRC for vehicles and drones you have to move ammo to said vehicle or drone then load the weapon.  If you go to the gear tab and click on some ammo you should see a small button with a car icon.  You can use that to transfer ammo to the drone.  You can also buy ammo for the drone directly by right clicking on it and adding gear.  You can also transfer ammo from a vehicle/drone back your main inventory.

Thank you so much.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

adzling

« Reply #654 on: <11-12-14/1938:18> »
Anyone talked to Adam?
He's been out of touch since September 22nd the date of his last post.
Would be a pity if Chummer was lost because of this....

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #655 on: <11-13-14/1317:52> »
He hasn't logged on here since 9/25.  Said he'd been working 12's.  It's a big project for one guy.  Maybe somebody with programming skills could offer to help...  I'd be happy to contribute to his content purchase, but I don't know anything about programming.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #656 on: <11-13-14/1830:15> »
I think a new tack might be a good thing for this project - open it up to the community, and have Adam approve all changes before release.  Sort of a gated version of standard open source programming.  I know he has no intention of making money on the project, as he has stated before.  He feels that Chummer originally belongs to Randall, who wrote the version that this is based on (Chummer 4).  Since Randall made the source code freely available, but didn't do an open source project, my suspicion is that Adam has been doing the same.

I really hope that he finds the time to come back to this, or make a shift to allow some of the coders in our community to contribute a little bit.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

adzling

« Reply #657 on: <11-13-14/2213:36> »
Yeah that would be a good call Nam, but it would require someone with skills and will to take it on,

Thefurmonger

• Newb
« Reply #658 on: <11-16-14/1256:38> »
Hey guys im sure im just missing it, but I cant seem to find any thrown weapons in the weapons list.

8-bit

« Reply #659 on: <11-16-14/1302:41> »
Hey guys im sure im just missing it, but I cant seem to find any thrown weapons in the weapons list.

They are placed under Ammunition, in the Gear list. It's confusing, but just select them there, and they will appear in your Weapons list.