NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #615 on: <10-02-14/0047:30> »
I might be missing something, but I can't seem to find Career mode.

When you go to the last tab of the character, you'll see a box that says "Mark as Created."  Check that box and save the character.
« Last Edit: <10-02-14/0100:08> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

8-bit

« Reply #616 on: <10-02-14/0050:54> »
I might be missing something, but I can't seem to find Career mode.

When you go to the last tab of the character, you'll see a box that says something to the effect of "Ready for Career Mode" or "Lock for Career Mode."  Check that box and save the character.

In my version it says "Mark as Created". It's basically the same thing, but just in case people are looking for those two boxes and instead see what I have. Just be careful about using Career mode, you cannot freely edit it like you can in Creation mode. So, make sure you are ready to use it when you do.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #617 on: <10-02-14/0059:50> »
Thanks 8-bit!  I couldn't remember the specific term used, so I'll correct my post.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

maquise

• Newb
« Reply #618 on: <10-02-14/0217:38> »
 My Contacts total points are off; I have 3 Charisma and only 6 points available.

Zwischenzug

« Reply #619 on: <10-02-14/0656:15> »
maquise
Did you raise Charisma from 2 to 3 with Karma? If so, this action takes place after or at the same time Contact Karma is provided in the book, which is why you only get CHA * 3 for the value of CHA before Karma is spent on it.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #620 on: <10-02-14/0713:00> »
Of course since chargen is a bundled disorganized mess, your GM may (like I did for Knowledge skills) allow otherwise, but yeah that would be a plausible cause.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #621 on: <10-03-14/0726:32> »
Does anyone know which book BB is referring to?

I've looked here: http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowrun_Reference_Standard_Codes

but no luck.
The system we learn says we're equal under law
But the streets are reality, the weak and poor will fall

Zwischenzug

« Reply #622 on: <10-03-14/0735:52> »

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #623 on: <10-03-14/0752:25> »
Thanks Z - wiki updated

Zwischenzug

« Reply #624 on: <10-03-14/2029:50> »
Would it be possible to remove the auto-assign rules for the Priority Selection, or have an option to toggle it on and off?

If using the Street Scum or High Life rules, it seems like one could easily achieve this by using the appropriate Prime/Standard/Street level availability and karma limits, while disabling the automatic reordering of priorities as one goes through the creation screen would allow us to pick AABCE, CCDDE or BCDEE, or even AAAAA if we wanted to. I'm assuming this ordering feature is a part of the base program, because I can't find any mention of it in the XML files.

Also, I think the calculation for Current Magic Attribute is flawed when combining cyberware and bioware; I tried creating a couple of different characters with a Magic attribute of varying values, and while the Maximum is calculated correctly the current attribute value seems to round incorrectly.

For instance, choosing Priority A: Troll (5), Priority B: Attributes (20), and Priority C: Magic (Adept 4, 1 Rating 2 skill) gives me a Current Magic of 4 and a Maximum of 6. Buying a Datajack (0.1 Essence, which should drop both Maximum and Current Magic by 1), drops the Metatype Limits to 3/5 (should be just straight 5?), but both Base and Value (Aug) remains at 4. Value (Aug) even has a tooltip that says "MAG 4 + Essence Loss (0)". Adding a Control Rig (Rating 1, 1 Essence) reduces the Metatype Limits to 2/4 (should be 4/4?) while the Base and Val (Aug) remains at 4 with the same tooltip.

Never mind :)

Finally, some notes on 'ware.
The Rating of Damage Compensators should only apply to one Condition Monitor box per Rating point; this is not currently possible, as the Condition Monitor, Threshold improvement applies to both. So, buying a Rating 1 Damage Compensator gives you an increased threshold of 1 to both Stun and Physical monitors, while it should only apply to 1 of them. Similarly, Rating 6 Damage Compensators give you a threshold offset of 6 to both tracks, while it should only be 6 total.

Not sure if you can add Improvements with ware without making them inherent, but Pain Editor currently doesn't add the improvements for +1 WIL, -1 INT, and the ignore all injury modifiers (both stun and physical) while enabled. I just add these myself, naturally.
« Last Edit: <10-03-14/2053:42> by Zwischenzug »

Gendo

• Newb
« Reply #625 on: <10-04-14/0511:23> »
First, sorry for my bad english but I find some bugs in actual version of Chummer. Some time ago i created characters that was save in careere mode. After that, i improve her gymnastic skill from 5 to 8 and save. Actually chummer still show me that this skill still have value 5. Next bug is wrong calculate public awerness. Chummer do that like in SR 4, but in 5 ed PA isn't correlate with Street cred and Notoriety.
« Last Edit: <10-04-14/0752:49> by Gendo »

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #626 on: <10-06-14/1902:35> »
If using the Street Scum or High Life rules, it seems like one could easily achieve this by using the appropriate Prime/Standard/Street level availability and karma limits, while disabling the automatic reordering of priorities as one goes through the creation screen would allow us to pick AABCE, CCDDE or BCDEE, or even AAAAA if we wanted to. I'm assuming this ordering feature is a part of the base program, because I can't find any mention of it in the XML files.

I know Adam has mentioned previously that support for the alternate priority options are coming, they just aren't available yet.

Not sure if you can add Improvements with ware without making them inherent, but Pain Editor currently doesn't add the improvements for +1 WIL, -1 INT, and the ignore all injury modifiers (both stun and physical) while enabled. I just add these myself, naturally.

Situational modifiers aren't currently accounted for in Chummer just yet, like the wireless bonuses for gear. Situational modifiers will show up at one point as Adam has mentioned previously.

Now, I suspect that you don't think the stat adjustments from the pain editor are situational. After all, bioware should be always "on." But lets look at the text:

Quote from: SR5, 460
Pain editor: This  cluster  of  specialized  nervous  tissue is designed to filter sensory stimuli. If the pain editor is active, this allows you to ignore all injury modifiers, and  you  even  stay  conscious  when  your  Stun  Condition Monitor is completely full. You feel no pain—you’re blissfully, dangerously, recklessly unaware of the extent of  damage  you’ve  taken  without  either  performing  a self-examination (Observe In Detail action) or being informed by a biomonitor (p. 450). While active, the pain editor increases your Willpower by 1 and decreases your Intuition  by  1.  Additionally,  all  tactile  Perception  Tests you make receive a dice pool modifier of –4.

Bold mine. While I would agree that bioware should always be "on", the text is clear that the pain editor has an off state. I assume that off state is when you are healthy and unwounded. Ergo, it's a situational modifier and not yet available in Chummer.

Incidentally, I double checked Chummer for SR4, as the rules for a Pain Editor in SR4 are identical. They don't modifiy stats there either.

First, sorry for my bad english but I find some bugs in actual version of Chummer. Some time ago i created characters that was save in careere mode. After that, i improve her gymnastic skill from 5 to 8 and save. Actually chummer still show me that this skill still have value 5. Next bug is wrong calculate public awerness. Chummer do that like in SR 4, but in 5 ed PA isn't correlate with Street cred and Notoriety.

I wasn't able to reproduce the skill error. Which version of Chummer are you using? Also, check the Karma tab and see if it recorded the karma expenditures. Are the karma expenditures displaying properly? If the karma expenditures aren't there, that will help determine if it's a saving issue or if it's something else.

Also, where is it showing you still have a 5? The character sheet or the skills tab?

The issues regarding street cred, public awareness and notoriety are known. They haven't made it in yet.

-Ariketh
« Last Edit: <10-06-14/1916:42> by Ariketh »

brasso

• Omae
« Reply #627 on: <10-07-14/0720:31> »
Hi guys - does anyone know at AP standards for?

Thanks

prismite

• Omae
« Reply #628 on: <10-07-14/1055:09> »

Thanks

You mean like "Armor Penetration?"

Or if you are talking about the book "AP" then it would be "Assassin's Primer"
Want to join a skype game on R20 on Sundays? PM me!

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #629 on: <10-07-14/1457:25> »

Not trying to pick on you, but it highlights something I'd like to bring up that I have seen a bit through this thread. This question is problematic. We don't know if you're seeing this on weapon stats, or in the spot where the book & page is listed for each of the rules references, etc. It really behooves you (generic, not specific) to be more precise. The more precise you are, the fewer questions we (the community) have to ask to get what you mean. (Or randomly toss out, as prismite was kind enough to do.)

Similarly, when providing a bug report, details can be crucial. "X doesn't work" is nice, but it's not always helpful. Details are better. Zwischenzug's description of the Damage Compensators is pretty good. It describes what was wrong and how it was wrong. Also, if there is a specific action that doesn't work right, steps to reproduce it help, like "When adding a modification, the mod window pops up, but when I select anything (single click), it crashes. But if I double click, it adds the mod just fine."

Finally, search. (Old man shouts at clouds, news at 11.) It usually works well. Character creation priority status ("chummer priority") and public awareness ("chummer public awareness") have been mentioned in the thread already. Also, there is a slightly outdated, but still useful wiki that has information about basic use, like career mode.

I'm not trying to be an ass here, just pointing out that you can help us help you and that you might get a faster answer if you do some searching. (Rather than waiting for someone else to respond.)

Thanks for you time,
Ariketh