• 1235 Replies

fyrebug72

• Newb
« Reply #405 on: <08-10-14/1145:32> »
TY Adam that worked just fine!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #406 on: <08-10-14/1600:14> »
It seems to be charging me 1200 nuyen to add a spare clip to my ammo for my assault rifle....
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #407 on: <08-10-14/1609:04> »
Weird bug happening with this save file. From what I am able to deduce its something to do with the adept having 6 magic, and by having low enough essence and saving causes the file to corrupt and become un-usable as it doesnt load up the values properly for all the information. I attached it.

Adam

« Reply #408 on: <08-10-14/1624:04> »
It seems to be charging me 1200 nuyen to add a spare clip to my ammo for my assault rifle....
Does it have ammo in the clip?  Also, are you adding the clip as an accessory on the weapons tab or as a piece of gear in the gear tab?

Adam

« Reply #409 on: <08-10-14/1637:04> »
Weird bug happening with this save file. From what I am able to deduce its something to do with the adept having 6 magic, and by having low enough essence and saving causes the file to corrupt and become un-usable as it doesnt load up the values properly for all the information. I attached it.

I can load up the character file and see the problem but can't seem to reproduce the conditions that got it to that state with a new character.  I'll keep plugging away on it, it may take a little time though.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #410 on: <08-10-14/1644:12> »
Does it have ammo in the clip?  Also, are you adding the clip as an accessory on the weapons tab or as a piece of gear in the gear tab?

I added ammo under the Gear tab, then right-clicked and added the clips as Add-ons to the ammo. When I do it this way it charged 1200 nuyen for each clip.

Adam

« Reply #411 on: <08-10-14/1657:39> »

I added ammo under the Gear tab, then right-clicked and added the clips as Add-ons to the ammo. When I do it this way it charged 1200 nuyen for each clip.

Ok, in that case I think it's doing what it supposed to. It's charging you 5 nuyen for the spare clip and then 1195 for the ammo in it. When you click on the spare clip in your gear list, it's adding all that up and showing it to you together.  What kind and how much ammo do you have in the clip? I'd like to follow along to double check the math.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #412 on: <08-10-14/1707:02> »

I can load up the character file and see the problem but can't seem to reproduce the conditions that got it to that state with a new character.  I'll keep plugging away on it, it may take a little time though.
I reproduced it.... Load up a new char, being an adept. Spend all power points, then go cyberware/bioware and send until less than 1 essense is left... This makes the magic go down to 0, and still having 0 power points remaining... Then save the char, re-opening causes the crash

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #413 on: <08-10-14/1713:50> »

Ok, in that case I think it's doing what it supposed to. It's charging you 5 nuyen for the spare clip and then 1195 for the ammo in it. When you click on the spare clip in your gear list, it's adding all that up and showing it to you together.  What kind and how much ammo do you have in the clip? I'd like to follow along to double check the math.

It already added the cost of the ammo when I bought that. I'm watching my nuyen drop by an additional 1200 when adding clips in this way. I add clips by themselves and it doesn't do this.

Adam

« Reply #414 on: <08-10-14/1755:05> »
It already added the cost of the ammo when I bought that. I'm watching my nuyen drop by an additional 1200 when adding clips in this way. I add clips by themselves and it doesn't do this.

Ok, I'm going to need a bit of information so I can try to duplicate this. What kind of ammo and how many in the clip first and fore most. Next, creation mode or career mode (the behavior is different)?  Beyond that, I want to make sure I have the order of events right so I'm going to list what I think you're telling me so you can point out where I've gone wrong...

• Add a spare clip (5 nuyen)
  • Add ammo as a plugin to the spare clip (presumably 1195 nuyen)
Now for number three, there's a few possibilities.  If you are in Create mode and select the clip then use the Qty box to the right to increase the quantity, it should charge you for a new clip and another set of rounds to fill it.  If you are in Create mode and click Add Gear to add a new clip, it should charge you 5 nuyen for an empty clip.  If you're in Career mode and select the clip and then click the green plus button on the right to buy more ammunition, it will pop up the select gear dialog... if you then select the spare clip again, it will add a full extra clip AND the rounds for it.   

And then there's option number four and this is probably what's happening... if you are in career mode, have a clip with rounds in it, click Add Gear, and then select Spare Clip. Two things can happen here... By default, there's a check box on the Select Gear dialog labeled "Stack".  If you click Ok with this checkbox checked, it assumes you're wanting to stack this item with the others you have.  So it will find you have a clip for that gun and it has rounds in it and will buy the new clip and the rounds to go with it and increment the number of clips of that type that you have.  If you uncheck the Stack checkbox, it will buy a brand new clip marked for that firearm but with no rounds in it and it will list it separately.

If you're getting some other result or going about some other set of steps, let me know where you're getting different results and I'll do my best to figure it out.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #415 on: <08-10-14/1818:21> »
Do this:
1. Buy a Yamaha Raiden.
2. Add Ammo under the Gear tab (lets say 60 APDS for an assault rifle)
3. Add Spare Clip as a plugin to ammo, select (Yamaha Raiden)
4. watch your nuyen plummet from a couple hundred to 1200.

This is in Create Mode.

« Last Edit: <08-10-14/1820:07> by Lusis »

Adam

« Reply #416 on: <08-10-14/1956:56> »
Do this:
1. Buy a Yamaha Raiden.
2. Add Ammo under the Gear tab (lets say 60 APDS for an assault rifle)
3. Add Spare Clip as a plugin to ammo, select (Yamaha Raiden)
4. watch your nuyen plummet from a couple hundred to 1200.

This is in Create Mode.

Ok, I think I've got it. Steps two and three are reversed.

1. Buy a Yamaha Raiden
2. Add a Spare Clip under the Gear tab.
3. Add 60 APDS as a plugin to the Spare Clip. (the spare clip is the container to which you're adding the 60 ammo)
4. At this point (starting with 6k nuyen) you should be at 2675 nuyen having spent 2600 on the assault rifle and 725 on one spare clip containing 60 APDS rounds.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #417 on: <08-10-14/2035:40> »
Thanks.

Now it seems I can't add contacts in Prime Runner mode. I'm hitting the button but nothing is happening.

Adam

« Reply #418 on: <08-10-14/2054:08> »
Thanks.

Now it seems I can't add contacts in Prime Runner mode. I'm hitting the button but nothing is happening.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your perspective), that one is a known issue.  I have a fix for it and it will be coming with the next build (5.136).  I was hoping to have that build out last night or even this morning but I've run into one particularly difficult to fix bug and I need to resolve it before I release the build.  I'm working as fast as I can to get it fixed and the build out.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #419 on: <08-10-14/2055:20> »
No problem. Appreciate all the hard work!