NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #390 on: <08-09-14/1246:36> »
I'm updating to include the new translator app for Chummer to enable easier foreign translations.  Unfortunately I'm running into an issue with the auto-update and the new translator so I've disabled auto-update from collecting the new translator app until I can resolve the issue.  You can still get it by downloading the .zip file directly.  I'll resolve it as soon as I can.

Build 5.135 (beta)
- Minor fix to enable downloading the translator app via Chummer update.

Build 5.134 (beta)
- Now includes a translator application (Translator.exe).  This app allows you to create and edit the language files to translate Chummer into non-English languages.  If you're interested in doing a translation for distribution with Chummer, please let me know via srchummer5@gmail.com and we'll make arrangements for you to send me updated language files.  This is the first release of this translator app so please let me know if you run into problems using it. There's a bit more to come for handling translation, this was just the first big step.
- To resolve an issue with Exotic weapon skills, special weapons were moved into the appropriate Exotic weapon category.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Adept Power Points to be miscalculated in Career mode when adding cyber/bioware.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when printing your character.
- Removed the Enemies section as this was a leftover from 4th Edition.
- Removed the duplicate Narcoject entry.
- Added the low-light and infrared flashlights from the core book.
dunno if you missed my earlier post but you also cannot add any imaging enhancements currently to scopes or smartguns even though they are allowed them (3 capacity on scopes, 1 on smartgun), as there is no option in the weapon accessory dialog as there used to be in SR4a chummer

Yep, I just didn't have a fix for it yet with the 5.135 build. It's on my list and will get it as soon as I can but thank you for reminding me.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #391 on: <08-09-14/1249:05> »
Adam,
  Found a bug, probably a result of removing the options for enemies.  With either a new character or an existing character I cannot add contacts.  I click the button but nothing happens.
Signature file not found

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #392 on: <08-09-14/1425:04> »
IIRC, 10 posts.
-Ariketh
Ok, thanks. 5 more to go (after this one - *sigh*).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #393 on: <08-09-14/1822:19> »
Don't know if I'm just being stooobid in not finding it, but is 'manual operation' for vehicles not an option in Chummer?
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Adam

« Reply #394 on: <08-09-14/1843:42> »
Don't know if I'm just being stooobid in not finding it, but is 'manual operation' for vehicles not an option in Chummer?

If you mean Manual Control Override (originally from Arsenal in 4th Edition), that hasn't been brought forward into 5th Edition by Catalyst as of yet at least. If you're referring to something else, I'm at a loss and could use a bit more info so I'm understanding what you're meaning.

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #395 on: <08-09-14/1930:05> »

If you mean Manual Control Override (originally from Arsenal in 4th Edition), that hasn't been brought forward into 5th Edition by Catalyst as of yet at least. If you're referring to something else, I'm at a loss and could use a bit more info so I'm understanding what you're meaning.
Manual Operation is on the Vehicle Modifications table on pg 461 in Core. +1 Availability, +500 NY Cost.
That however is the only place I know of where it is mentioned.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Adam

« Reply #396 on: <08-09-14/2025:02> »

Manual Operation is on the Vehicle Modifications table on pg 461 in Core. +1 Availability, +500 NY Cost.
That however is the only place I know of where it is mentioned.

I went back and double checked and it is actually there. The manual operation is in reference to the weapon mounts, there are manual versions of each of the weapon mounts already in the vehicle modification lists.  Right click on the vehicle, click Add Modification, and select the Manual variant of the desired weapon mount.
« Last Edit: <08-09-14/2027:36> by Adam »

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #397 on: <08-09-14/2029:50> »
Ah, well that explains it. All a misunderstanding on my part. Much obliged.

Adam

« Reply #398 on: <08-09-14/2229:49> »
I want to take a moment to thank the folks at The Arcology Podcast for inviting me on to this week's episode. I've never done anything like it and it was a rare pleasure to talk with Mr. Johnson about Chummer.  You can find the podcast at http://arcologypodcast.com/episode-040-chummer-5/.

fyrebug72

• Newb
« Reply #399 on: <08-10-14/0940:04> »
I am still getting an error. I will put a screenshot up in here to show you. I'm at a lose as to what is going on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XHlNswpfxaZGk3dE5YWTdrM3M/edit?usp=sharing

Adam

« Reply #400 on: <08-10-14/0952:41> »
I am still getting an error. I will put a screenshot up in here to show you. I'm at a lose as to what is going on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_XHlNswpfxaZGk3dE5YWTdrM3M/edit?usp=sharing

Two things, first I think you're on an old version.  And second, select a default character sheet from the drop down and it will resolve the problem.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #401 on: <08-10-14/1004:19> »
Adam,

Having some issues when creating a Prime Runner. raised my character's CHA with karma but it's not effecting the Remaining Karma calculation.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Adam

« Reply #402 on: <08-10-14/1018:00> »
Adam,

Having some issues when creating a Prime Runner. raised my character's CHA with karma but it's not effecting the Remaining Karma calculation.

I just tried it and I'm not having that problem. Can you send me a copy of the character you're working with so I can try to find the problem?  srchummer5@gmail.com

Thank you!

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #403 on: <08-10-14/1039:44> »
Adam,

I just tried it and I'm not having that problem. Can you send me a copy of the character you're working with so I can try to find the problem?  srchummer5@gmail.com

Thank you!

NVM, got it figured out. It was due to operator headspace and timing.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Adam

« Reply #404 on: <08-10-14/1145:31> »
NVM, got it figured out. It was due to operator headspace and timing.

No problem... happens to all of us.