NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #360 on: <08-04-14/1416:22> »
I know you made the change to have the karma value go up separately when adding to skill points and attributes, but is there a way to turn back on the automatic optimisation way it had before? Where it would look for the cheapest way to increase a skill point in creation mode?

Maybe have like a house rule to do it?
« Last Edit: <08-04-14/2148:45> by Chaozmager »

adzling

« Reply #361 on: <08-05-14/1040:53> »
because it was not legal, you must spend your skill points first then your karma.

Adam

« Reply #362 on: <08-05-14/2030:59> »
I'm currently looking at enabling a set of house rules so let me see what I can do. I won't make promises other than the option to use "optimized path" will go on my list of things to do and I'll do what I can to get it in.  My plate is very full when it comes to Chummer and I'm doing my best to prioritize.

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #363 on: <08-05-14/2033:17> »
How do I save my chummer5 files as PDF instead of HTML or XML?
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Adam

« Reply #364 on: <08-05-14/2052:41> »
How do I save my chummer5 files as PDF instead of HTML or XML?

That's a function of the operating system... generally you print and then if your OS supports it, select to print to PDF.  If you're using Windows, you may consider picking up Foxit PDF as I believe that allows you to print to PDF.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #365 on: <08-06-14/0320:15> »
.  If you're using Windows, you may consider picking up Foxit PDF as I believe that allows you to print to PDF.
CutePDF is another good option that is a little lighter if you already have a preferred PDF reader (I use Sumatra myself).
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #366 on: <08-06-14/0733:28> »
Great job! Although now that I'm out of town,  I realized that I need this on my android.  ;D
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #367 on: <08-06-14/1248:26> »
Question, Is anyone else having issues with Magician's way and the discounted powers it should provide?
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #368 on: <08-06-14/1311:21> »
You manually select the powers you want discounted when you choose a way. Fortunately for Magician's way, you don't have to be careful to avoid accidentally discounting unaffected powers! You can discount any power except improved reflexes. Click the check box(es) on the adept powers page to discount the chosen power.
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #369 on: <08-06-14/1327:11> »
When I add a camera to a sensor array as one of its functions, I cannot specify the rating of the camera and thus it only has a single slot. I think I should be able to add vision enhancements to the camera, though.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #370 on: <08-06-14/1336:03> »
You manually select the powers you want discounted when you choose a way. Fortunately for Magician's way, you don't have to be careful to avoid accidentally discounting unaffected powers! You can discount any power except improved reflexes. Click the check box(es) on the adept powers page to discount the chosen power.

Well, i'm doing it, and its not discounting them.

I've also found issues with trying to wear the augmentum coat, seems attempting to put it on (Without anything else) sets me over my encumbrance.

Adam

« Reply #371 on: <08-06-14/1527:49> »

I've also found issues with trying to wear the augmentum coat, seems attempting to put it on (Without anything else) sets me over my encumbrance.

On the coat, yes... that one is a known issue and I'm working on a fix for it.

For the powers, could you tell me which powers you're marking as discounted?

Adam

« Reply #372 on: <08-06-14/1530:37> »
When I add a camera to a sensor array as one of its functions, I cannot specify the rating of the camera and thus it only has a single slot. I think I should be able to add vision enhancements to the camera, though.

The camera like any other sensor function, inherits the rating of the sensor it is attached to.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #373 on: <08-06-14/1543:35> »

On the coat, yes... that one is a known issue and I'm working on a fix for it.

For the powers, could you tell me which powers you're marking as discounted?

Was trying to do Facial sculpt, free fall and light body.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #374 on: <08-06-14/1649:00> »
Was trying to do Facial sculpt, free fall and light body.

That's the source of your problem.

Quote from: Street Grimoire, page 176
For every 2 points in an adept’s Magic Rating, that adept may reduce the cost of one level of one power from that Way’s list by half. For example, let’s say that a player chooses an adept power that costs 1 Power Point. If that power is covered by a specific Way and all prerequisites are met, the cost for that power is reduced to 0.5 Power Points. Likewise, a 0.5 PP power costs 0.25 PP. Adept powers that cost 0.25 Power Points cannot be discounted further.

Bold mine.

Basically, only the first level is discounted and all of those are .25 point powers. :/

-Ariketh