NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #315 on: <07-24-14/1835:12> »
So for example, if you have a 4 AGI but have a Cyberarm with an 8 AGI and have the Pistol skill, it would show Pistol with your 4 AGI and Pistol (Cyberarm) with your 8 AGI.  But like I said, this is very preliminary and is just something I'm playing around with as an idea.  So don't take this as exactly what I'll be writing, let alone when I'll be delivering it.

This isn't a bad idea - but would it be easier to have a check box that allows the cyberlimb's stats to override the default stats?  When the box is active, it uses the cyberlimb's stats, and when it's not active, it uses the natural stats.

I get where you're going... my concern would be things like say Unarmed. Say you've got a Cyberarm and ranks in Unarmed... when you punch with it, you'd get the Cyberarms AGI/STR.  But if you did a flying kick... well, you wouldn't. What if you did a Block maneuver?  While if you were using Chummer during play you could check and uncheck that box as you needed to, for a character sheet it might be problematic.  Easier to show both values on the character sheet for select skills and let you decide which to use on the fly.

Adam

« Reply #316 on: <07-24-14/1838:46> »
Unless there's something huge, it will be a few days before I release another build.  I'm intending to spend the weekend working on the translation code so that I can better support users of Chummer5 in languages other than English.  Unfortunately there's a fair amount of work there and it'll take me a few days to get all that work done.

Build 5.130 (beta)
- Removed some duplicate specialties from the Politics Knowledge Skill.
- Made the Adept Way Qualities not available for non-adepts.
- Added the Astral Limit to the Limits tab and the character sheets.  Keep in mind that limit modifiers to either your mental limit or social limit that can apply in the astral might conditionally apply to your astral limit during play.
- Fixed Enhanced Articulation Bioware so that it applies the correct skill bonuses.
- Fixed several issues surrounding full Cyberlimbs. Attribute averaging has been removed as it was a 4th Edition rule. The limb on the character sheet now shows the limb's total Strength, Agility, and its Physical Limit.
- Movement rate now uses the augmented Agility value.
- Added an option under House Rules to use derived Attributes from Cyberlegs when calculating movement speed.
- Added all that lovely Qi Foci code from build 5.129 to Career Mode as well. Completely missed that one.
- Now correctly charges double for positive qualities added or negative qualities deleted after character creation.
- When selecting YNT Softweave in the Select Armor Mod dialog, it will now show "+50%" in the capacity field.
- Removed the button in Career mode that allowed adding more Mystic Adept Power Points. You're not actually allowed to add points this way after character creation.
- Added Custom Ballistic Mask.
- Added the specialized silencer for the Ares Light Fire 75 and added it to the Ares Light Fire 75.
- Added some very minor fixes for the underbarrel weapons from Run and Gun so at least they won't cause a crash.  They still don't behave the way I want them to though so I'll be revisiting this "soon".

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #317 on: <07-24-14/1848:55> »
While if you were using Chummer during play you could check and uncheck that box as you needed to, for a character sheet it might be problematic.  Easier to show both values on the character sheet for select skills and let you decide which to use on the fly.

That makes sense - I usually use Chummer actively in-game, so I didn't think of the character sheet aspect of things.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #318 on: <07-24-14/2106:36> »
Buying a vehicle used seems to ADD 4 to the availability rather than subtract it. I'm not sure buying vehicles used is even an option in the rules, but I'm assuming it would be similar to buying cyberware (25% cost reduction, -4 availability), though I don't know what the downside would be.

Also, the vehicle stats have a Signal stat listed in parenthesis next to Sensors. I think that Signal was a SR4 concept and isn't still used in SR5.

EDIT: It looks like the +4 is correct, but these are both holdovers from 4th.
« Last Edit: <07-25-14/0101:30> by purvue »
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #319 on: <07-25-14/0054:23> »
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing this, this is awesome!

I might ahve missed it, ahve you added support for street level campaigns yet?

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #320 on: <07-25-14/0445:53> »
Hey, I just wanted to say thanks for doing this, this is awesome!

I might ahve missed it, ahve you added support for street level campaigns yet?

Are you referring to the Prime Runner/Street level options from p64 of the core book? If so, on the Select Build Method dialog (the first one after you click the New Character button), There's a Priority dropdown on the left, and a Standard dropdown on the right. Clicking the Standard dropdown will give you the options for Prime Runner or Street Level.

-Ariketh

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #321 on: <07-25-14/1340:14> »
Thanks

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #322 on: <07-25-14/1750:04> »
Is there a away to include the priority and karmic breakdown on character sheets? Thanks.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Adam

« Reply #323 on: <07-25-14/1831:55> »
Is there a away to include the priority and karmic breakdown on character sheets? Thanks.

I was looking to do that for at the very least the Text-Only character sheet because that's usually what folks post to the forums. I'll get it in as soon as I can.

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #324 on: <07-26-14/1444:33> »
Adam, Great work.  I just wanted to remind you that some of the armor modification gear (such as Geiger counter) are still free.  I reported this earlier (in 5.115) and just checked it with 5.130.   If you had plans to fix it later, then never mind;  if if fell through the cracks, well, here is a reminder. :)

Gasp

• Newb
« Reply #325 on: <07-26-14/1507:51> »
Sensors funtions are free since their cost is cover by what you pick in the Sensor tab (sensor array/single sensor).

TimTurry

• Newb
« Reply #326 on: <07-26-14/1956:49> »
Oh.  In that case I did not (and still do not) understand the rule.  Carry on :)

Adam

« Reply #327 on: <07-26-14/2026:25> »
Oh.  In that case I did not (and still do not) understand the rule.  Carry on :)

This is more or less how it was explained to me...

There are Sensor Housings, Sensors, and Sensor Functions.  Sensor Housings include not only the Wall-Mount and Handheld housings but also vehicles, drones, armor, and weapons.  You put a Sensor in a Sensor Housing... this includes Single Sensors and Sensor Arrays.  The rating of the Sensor determines how many dice you get to include on your skill check when using that sensor (pg 445) and as the cost is based on the rating, this also determines the cost.  A Sensor Array can contain up to 8 Sensor Functions no matter its rating while a Single Sensor can only ever have one Sensor Function.  Sensor Functions (Camera, Atmospheric Sensor, Microphones, etc...) are free because you've paid for them as part of the cost of the Sensor (Single or Array) when you bought it.  Things you add to those Sensor Functions (adding Vision Enhancements to a Camera for instance) you do have to pay for... all you get for free is the basic model.

Oh, and make sure you pay attention to the Sensor Housings table at the top left of page 446... this table shows the maximum rating Sensor you can put in a particular sized Housing.

And yes, of all the things in 5th Edition... this is the one thing I think they did better in 4th.
« Last Edit: <07-26-14/2028:35> by Adam »

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #328 on: <07-27-14/0047:00> »
In regard to Adept Ways:  My reading of the Beast's Way and Spiritual Way is that it gives you a free mentor spirit.  Choosing those did not give me a mentor spirit option. Do I understand incorrectly?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #329 on: <07-27-14/0244:01> »
In regard to Adept Ways:  My reading of the Beast's Way and Spiritual Way is that it gives you a free mentor spirit.  Choosing those did not give me a mentor spirit option. Do I understand incorrectly?

Adam set it up so that those ways only cost 15 karma, with the expectation that a follower of that Way will then pick up a mentor spirit for the other 5 karma, thus netting a free mentor spirit.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.