NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #300 on: <07-23-14/0423:46> »
Lots of fixes for today's build.

Build 5.128 (beta)
- First and foremost, recent builds (including this one) have been getting updates to the French translation files courtesy of Lous_59. Thank you for your amazing work!
- Fixed a bug preventing loading bows or crossbows with ammunition in Career mode.
- Cleaned up the former Commlinks section on the Character Sheet.  It now is the Device section and each Commlink, RCC, or Cyberdeck shows itself as such.  Fixed a few problem items that were showing their stats incorrectly.
- Added device stat labels to cyberware, armor, weapon, gear, and vehicle tabs so that you can see the stats for selected commlinks, cyberdecks, or rigger command consoles.
- For newly created characters only, limit modifiers will now inlcude the condition under which they operate.  I'd make this retroactive but it would be a nightmare to code.
- Fixed the Quality Indomitable and the Adept Power Improved Potential to add directly to the calculated limits rather than add limit modifiers as these bonuses apply at all times.  This also resolved the issue with the Chaos Mentor Spirit where it was not applying the bonus from the granted Improved Potential power.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases carry-over karma from character creation would not be carried over.
- Will now automatically remove the Allergy when removing the Eagle Mentor Spirit.
- Fixed the Initiation/Submersion tab so that it will allow adding multiple instances of metamagics and echoes that allow it.
- Updated the Infusion of [Matrix Attribute] and Defusion of [Matrix Attribute] so that they will ask for you to enter the name of the attribute being adjusted.  For now it is a text entry, at some later date it may become a drop down.
- Fixed a bug that was breaking the karma calculation when increasing skills belonging to a broken skill group in creation mode.
- Updated the Select a Mentor Spirit dialog to not show choices you're not eligible for.  So Magician options won't show up for Adepts and Adept options won't show up for Magicians.  Mystic Adepts still see all options.

And one more... Ariketh, this build has a few hidden fixes in it that should now have your custom Mentor file working correctly.  Long story short there was a bug in how it was handling the specificpower tag that wasn't showing up with the stock mentors.  Let me know if you find anything else.

Awesome! I'll give it a whirl. I know I've said it before, but it's extremely cool that you are working so hard on Chummer. Thanks!

-Ariketh

Droopy

• Newb
« Reply #301 on: <07-23-14/1600:20> »
Hello,

I think a found a small bug, concerning skills and group skills.

You can use individual skill points to raise individual skill ratings, and use group skills points to raise group skills ratings.
But, when you break a group skill and if you raise one individual skill of the group, it use individual skill points.

By RAW, I think this is forbidden > see p.88 of Core Rulebook: "In addition, skill groups cannot be broken up in this step, so individual skill points cannot raise the ratings of skills purchased as a group. (Note that skill groups can be broken up in Step Seven: Spend Your Left Over Karma (p. 98)."
So, if I understand well, you can break a group skill, but if you do so, each individual skill of the group must be raise with Karma (step 7), not with individual skill points (step 5).

Have a good day.

Adam

« Reply #302 on: <07-23-14/1610:57> »
Hello,

I think a found a small bug, concerning skills and group skills.

You can use individual skill points to raise individual skill ratings, and use group skills points to raise group skills ratings.
But, when you break a group skill and if you raise one individual skill of the group, it use individual skill points.

By RAW, I think this is forbidden > see p.88 of Core Rulebook: "In addition, skill groups cannot be broken up in this step, so individual skill points cannot raise the ratings of skills purchased as a group. (Note that skill groups can be broken up in Step Seven: Spend Your Left Over Karma (p. 98)."
So, if I understand well, you can break a group skill, but if you do so, each individual skill of the group must be raise with Karma (step 7), not with individual skill points (step 5).

Have a good day.

Ouch... gotcha.  Absolutely an excellent catch. It may take me a little bit to get that one worked out, that'll be a tricky bit of code.  Thanks for finding it!

Decree

• Newb
« Reply #303 on: <07-23-14/1637:15> »
First off I just want to say that you may be my new Hero for this update Adam.  I used to despise needing to make new NPCs for my games.  Thanks.

As a distant second... I found a bug to flag.

The Heavy Weapons Mount vehicle modification won't allow you to add weapons to them.

Adam

« Reply #304 on: <07-23-14/1835:46> »
There's a few fixes but I've also updated Qi Foci so you can select a power that goes with it and it will show up correctly among your adept powers. The build notes below give a few more specifics.  The big thing is that I've done some testing on this myself but I'm sure that you fine people will find things I've missed... if you do, drop me a line here or via email and I'll get it resolved as quickly as I can.  Thanks!

Build 5.129 (beta)
- Qi Foci will now ask what power they're providing when you bind the foci and that power will now show up on your list of powers with the appropriate free levels if any and the name of the Qi Foci will be updated to show the power it is providing.  For Improved Reflexes, select the level you want your character to have and the foci rating, it will reduce the power point cost accordingly.
- Fixed a bug preventing weapons from being added to Heavy Weapon Mounts.
- Updated firearms that come stock with a Smartgun System to have the internal version.
- Added the Gas-Vent 2 System that the Ares Crusader II should have.
- Fixed the AP on the Colt M23.
- Manabolt is now correctly a Mana based spell.

alexmegami

• Newb
« Reply #305 on: <07-23-14/2218:42> »
So I had a kind of weird one, and I didn't see it mentioned in my brief skim of the thread, but -

I gave a character a Knowledge with a specialization in "Infinity" (it was supposed to be the Infinity ~something~ but I couldn't come up with a good name quickly and so clicked away to adjust the skill level).

Well then everything slowed down immensely... And I couldn't figure out why...

Until I saw just as it was crashing that my karma had been set to something like 2,159,140,305 (I don't know the exact number but clearly... quite a lot).

I have no idea if this is known, but it was WEIRD. And now I have to restart the character. :P

Adam

« Reply #306 on: <07-23-14/2226:35> »
Recently found that the YMT Softweave doesn't work right. it causes the capacity to become a fugitive value (What it should be adding) and glitches the program to close.

Are you able to reproduce this in a recent version of Chummer (like 5.125 or later) and if so, which armor are you applying it to?  I've been trying to reproduce this bug and can't do it.

Adam

« Reply #307 on: <07-23-14/2233:50> »
So I had a kind of weird one, and I didn't see it mentioned in my brief skim of the thread, but -

I gave a character a Knowledge with a specialization in "Infinity" (it was supposed to be the Infinity ~something~ but I couldn't come up with a good name quickly and so clicked away to adjust the skill level).

Well then everything slowed down immensely... And I couldn't figure out why...

Until I saw just as it was crashing that my karma had been set to something like 2,159,140,305 (I don't know the exact number but clearly... quite a lot).

I have no idea if this is known, but it was WEIRD. And now I have to restart the character. :P

If you have a copy of the character where the bug occurred, please email me a copy at srchummer5@gmail.com so I can try to figure out what it was doing.

Eoghammer

• Newb
« Reply #308 on: <07-24-14/0533:00> »
Very good job... I will allow my player to use it as soon as possible
It will allow us to build Runners a lot faster than before...
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+++SR5+++h+b++++UB++IE+RNm++gm+++M+++P+

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #309 on: <07-24-14/1142:05> »
Recently found that the YMT Softweave doesn't work right. it causes the capacity to become a fugitive value (What it should be adding) and glitches the program to close.

Are you able to reproduce this in a recent version of Chummer (like 5.125 or later) and if so, which armor are you applying it to?  I've been trying to reproduce this bug and can't do it.

It was originally with the forarm guards. But it stopped now.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

12Trees

• Newb
« Reply #310 on: <07-24-14/1426:06> »
I haven't seen this in the thread so here is my question.  If I have a Sustaining Focus for Increase Attribute (Willpower) force 4 this should raise the stun and drain values.  The other is a Force 4 Sustaining Focus for Increase Reflexes should increase the Initiative stat and the dice pool.  I don't see a way to do this in the Chummer app.  Am I missing something or is this not available?

Thanks for building Chummer5 this is going to be a great help!

Adam

« Reply #311 on: <07-24-14/1447:45> »
I haven't seen this in the thread so here is my question.  If I have a Sustaining Focus for Increase Attribute (Willpower) force 4 this should raise the stun and drain values.  The other is a Force 4 Sustaining Focus for Increase Reflexes should increase the Initiative stat and the dice pool.  I don't see a way to do this in the Chummer app.  Am I missing something or is this not available?

Thanks for building Chummer5 this is going to be a great help!

It's there, it's just hard to find.  ::)

In Career mode, go to the Improvements tab (it should be on the far right).
Click Add Improvement and select Attribute from the first dropdown.
Enter into the Name "Increase Attribute (WIL)" or whatever you like as the name, click the Select Value button and select WIL, And increase the Value field by the Force of your spell.  Click Ok.
That'll increase your Willpower by the value of your spell and all things affected by Willpower will use your improved value.

For the Increased Reflexes, we'll use a similar approach... Click Add Improvement and select Initiative from the dropdown.
For the Name field, I usually enter something like "Increase Reflexes". For the value, enter the Force of your spell.  Click Ok.
Ok, that added the Initiative bonus, now we need to add the dice bonus.  Click Add Improvement again and select "Initiative Passes" from the dropdown.  Yes, I know that's old terminology and we're using Initiative Dice now, I just haven't updated this section yet.
For the Name field, I usually enter something like "Increase Reflexes (dice)". For the value, enter the Force of your spell/2 rounded down.  Click Ok.

There ya go... you now have the permanent effects of an Increase Attribute (WIL) and Increase Reflexes spell. If you need to disable either or both, go back to the Improvements tab and you can click on or off the Active checkbox on each improvement as you will or delete them if they're no longer appropriate.  You can also group the improvements together such as the two initiative improvements for your Increase Reflexes spell.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #312 on: <07-24-14/1759:32> »
A couple things:

-The Ares Light Fire 75 does not list it's integral silencer (at -5 to detect)
-No listing or modification listing for Custom Ballistic Masks (they double the cost)
-Would it be possible to have Cyberlimbs factor into the dice pools of certain skills? I.e. if you have Pistols 4, Agility 4 but a Cyberarm with an Agility of 6, then your DP to attack with that skill will be 10 (with that arm). I understand this can get complex fast.

SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Adam

« Reply #313 on: <07-24-14/1824:06> »
A couple things:

-The Ares Light Fire 75 does not list it's integral silencer (at -5 to detect)
-No listing or modification listing for Custom Ballistic Masks (they double the cost)
-Would it be possible to have Cyberlimbs factor into the dice pools of certain skills? I.e. if you have Pistols 4, Agility 4 but a Cyberarm with an Agility of 6, then your DP to attack with that skill will be 10 (with that arm). I understand this can get complex fast.

I'll be putting out 5.130 very shortly (later this evening) and it'll have the first two fixed.  It also has a few things relating to Cyberlimbs but not exactly what you're asking for.  I'm looking at potential ideas to help with things like that but don't have an exact resolution yet.  I'm currently toying with the idea of flagging certain skills that could be affected by Cyberlimbs and which ones they'd be affected by so that I can show the skill multiple times in the event that the character has one or more Cyberlimbs.  So for example, if you have a 4 AGI but have a Cyberarm with an 8 AGI and have the Pistol skill, it would show Pistol with your 4 AGI and Pistol (Cyberarm) with your 8 AGI.  But like I said, this is very preliminary and is just something I'm playing around with as an idea.  So don't take this as exactly what I'll be writing, let alone when I'll be delivering it.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #314 on: <07-24-14/1826:16> »
So for example, if you have a 4 AGI but have a Cyberarm with an 8 AGI and have the Pistol skill, it would show Pistol with your 4 AGI and Pistol (Cyberarm) with your 8 AGI.  But like I said, this is very preliminary and is just something I'm playing around with as an idea.  So don't take this as exactly what I'll be writing, let alone when I'll be delivering it.

This isn't a bad idea - but would it be easier to have a check box that allows the cyberlimb's stats to override the default stats?  When the box is active, it uses the cyberlimb's stats, and when it's not active, it uses the natural stats.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.