NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #285 on: <07-21-14/1116:18> »

Build 5.127 (beta)
- Fixed a bug where it was not rounding Essence up when calculating your Social Limit.

Do I have to re-do characters in carreer mode? I still have the wrong calculation after the updade.

Edit: Also my Street Cred seems off by +1. With a Total Karma of 106, the Street Cred should be "10" ("For every full 10 Karma that a character earns, they gain a point of Street Cred." SR5 p. 372). It is 11 though.

Similiar problems with Notoriety and Public Awareness: Character has an enemy (might be calculated as "powerful" per SR5 p. 372), but also First Impression as a quality. This shoudl give him -1 or +/-0 Notoriety. Chummer calculates "1".

Chummer also calculates the character as to have a Public Awareness of 4. Not sure why, though, since there are no rules for gaining awareness during character creation.
« Last Edit: <07-21-14/1130:16> by Ursus Maior »
Liber et infractus

Adam

« Reply #286 on: <07-21-14/1146:31> »

Build 5.127 (beta)
- Fixed a bug where it was not rounding Essence up when calculating your Social Limit.

Do I have to re-do characters in carreer mode? I still have the wrong calculation after the updade.

Edit: Also my Street Cred seems off by +1. With a Total Karma of 106, the Street Cred should be "10" ("For every full 10 Karma that a character earns, they gain a point of Street Cred." SR5 p. 372). It is 11 though.

Similiar problems with Notoriety and Public Awareness: Character has an enemy (might be calculated as "powerful" per SR5 p. 372), but also First Impression as a quality. This shoudl give him -1 or +/-0 Notoriety. Chummer calculates "1".

Chummer also calculates the character as to have a Public Awareness of 4. Not sure why, though, since there are no rules for gaining awareness during character creation.

For the Social Limit calculation, it should be doing it on the fly so you shouldn't have to redo anything. If you could, please email me a copy of your character and what you're thinking the Social Limit should be.  srchummer5@gmail.com

I'll take a look at the calculated values for Notoriety, Public Awareness, and Street Cred... I'll be honest and say I haven't looked at those values much since taking on Chummer.

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <07-21-14/1439:08> »
For the Mentor Spirit Wolf, when selecting Attribute Boost (Agi) for the Adept option will bring up the dialog to select an attribute.

Thank you! I'll put that in for the next build.

Not a bug, just a comment:
Oddly, for one of my customs, I can't get two of the Attribute Boost to work with a single selection. It adds both points to the first instance of the power rather than 1 each. :/ When I change the second power, it works fine. /shakestinyfistofrage. I'll just make it get 2 of one or the other, no split for them.

If you'd like me to take a look and see if perhaps there's a code change I can make to support it, send your file over to me and I'll see what I can do.

There seems to be another problem with Attribute Boost and Enhanced Accuracy (skill). They apparently don't play together either. I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was Attribute Boost. Like the original issue, the options work fine individually. Together they cause a crash. I've attached my custom files to the post. The affected code is currently commented out for easy identification. (In theory. I've been using Notepad++ for my xml editing.) The affected mentors are Bull for the original issue and Horned Man for the new issue. I realize that Chummer is a bigger priority than my custom stuff. So I'm not in any hurry and appreciate any advice you can throw my way.

And now for actual Mentor bugs:
1. Dragonslayer's Adept Enhanced Accuracy (skill) option is pulling up all the skills instead of just the combat skills (the only ones that relate to accuracy). Changing <selectskill> to <selectskill skillcategory="Combat Active"> should fix it. It's what I used in my custom file to get the power to work on Horned Man.

2. I noticed the Mentor options for spirits don't show up on the Spells and Spirits tab like the other options. I checked the Chummer wiki. (Two links to separate pages.) And the following code inserted between the <choice> </choice> flags fixes it, allowing the option to show:

<bonus>
      <selecttext />
   </bonus>

But that brings up an unnecessary text entry dialogue. So it works, but has an unneeded dialogue. This was tested using Eagle, since they have only one Magician option and it happens to be spirits.

3. Chaos Adept Improved Potential (limit) option does not modify or display the limit modifier on the limit tab. You probably are already aware, with all the limit issues you've been mentioning.

4. All adept granted abilities remain when removing the mentor. The free cost is removed though, but the ability remains in the list. (Not sure if this is intended.)

5. Again speaking of Eagle, the Mentor grants the Allergy (pollution) negative quality. It also persists if you delete the Mentor.

Hope that helps.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #288 on: <07-21-14/1456:49> »
Ariketh, I'll take a look at all those this evening when I get home.

I can say that #4 is deliberate because there's a lot of weird scenarios I'm trying to avoid... Let's say you take the Mountain mentor spirit and get your free level of Mystic Armor.  Now you pay power points to add another level.  Later you decide that you'd rather have some other mentor spirit... do I remove one level (and now you may not notice you don't have two any longer), do I remove them both?  I decided that leaving the levels in place but taking away their free quality was the least bad of the options. None of the options available to me are good unfortunately...

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #289 on: <07-21-14/1701:39> »
Sounds good to me! :)

-Ariketh

Koshnek

• Omae
« Reply #290 on: <07-21-14/2042:17> »
What is Shadowrun Forum Post 1 under additional sourcebook options?
Speech
Thoughts
Comm/Text
Voice chat & Subvocal

Adam

« Reply #291 on: <07-21-14/2100:17> »
What is Shadowrun Forum Post 1 under additional sourcebook options?

From the 5.126 build notes:

Build 5.126 (beta)
- Completely replaced the Initiation tab. It now should correctly handle Initiation (with discounts), Arts, Enchantments, Enhancements, Metamagics, and Rituals. Add an Initiation grade and then right click on the grade to add Arts, Enchantments, Enhancements, Metamagics, and Rituals.  In case you're not using Street Grimoire or choose not to use the Arts system, there is a new item on the House Rules tab of the Options dialog that you can use to ignore the Art requirements for metamagics and the like.
- Fixing the above item led to two powers referenced in Street Grimoire that haven't previously been published.  These have only been provided via a forum post by one of the designers.  So that post is now a source (SFP1) that can be enabled in order to provide those powers (Keratin Control and Living Focus).
- Updated all "Source" labels on all dialogs to open the linked PDF to that page if you have linked the book to the PDF in the Options dialog.  Also linked the names of skills and powers as they don't show a "Source" label in their listings.  And finally, the above mentioned forum post will open in your default browser if a Source pointing to it is clicked.

By the way, I called it SFP1 because I'm planning for the eventual need for an SFP2.
« Last Edit: <07-21-14/2110:26> by Adam »

Droopy

• Newb
« Reply #292 on: <07-22-14/1150:31> »
Hi,

I just discovered thie tool and it is really great.
It saves me hours to create characters, test options and manage my players.
Thank you very much.

I just have one remark and one question.

First, when you have a Technomancer character in career mode, you can use Submersion and select en echo.
There is a small bug, because each echo can be taken only once in career mode.
But normally, you can take "Man over Machine" (3 times) and NeuroFilter (2 times) more than once.

Second, I know that the rules (RAI) forbid submersion/initiation at character generation.
But, for the purpose of creating NPC or for GM authorizing submersion/initiation at character generation, is it possible to propose a "House Rule Option" to do this ?

Thank you very much.

Adam

« Reply #293 on: <07-22-14/1257:33> »
I just discovered thie tool and it is really great.
It saves me hours to create characters, test options and manage my players.
Thank you very much.

I just have one remark and one question.

First, when you have a Technomancer character in career mode, you can use Submersion and select en echo.
There is a small bug, because each echo can be taken only once in career mode.
But normally, you can take "Man over Machine" (3 times) and NeuroFilter (2 times) more than once.

Second, I know that the rules (RAI) forbid submersion/initiation at character generation.
But, for the purpose of creating NPC or for GM authorizing submersion/initiation at character generation, is it possible to propose a "House Rule Option" to do this ?

Thank you very much.

First off, I'm glad that Chummer5's been useful to you and I'm very glad you're enjoying it.

Next up the two issues you brought up.  The first about being able to take certain (well most) echoes more than once... that'll be fixed in the next build. Sorry about that one.  The second issue about being able to initiate/submerge during character creation... yes, but not immediately.  It's in "the plan" but it's not a small piece of work.  It took me about 3 days to re-write the initiation/submersion code to fully update it to 5th edition and while it won't take that long to copy it all over to creation mode, it will take a good chunk of it.  Right now I'm catching up on bugs before I take on my next large task (and there's several in line for that next large task slot... I'm still figuring out what it'll be).

Droopy

• Newb
« Reply #294 on: <07-22-14/1343:18> »
Thank you for your answer.

No rush about that, I can be patient.
I appreciate the work done and this tool is already a HUGE asset for me and my players.

Have a good day

Adam

« Reply #295 on: <07-22-14/1640:40> »
Lots of fixes for today's build.

Build 5.128 (beta)
- First and foremost, recent builds (including this one) have been getting updates to the French translation files courtesy of Lous_59. Thank you for your amazing work!
- Fixed a bug preventing loading bows or crossbows with ammunition in Career mode.
- Cleaned up the former Commlinks section on the Character Sheet.  It now is the Device section and each Commlink, RCC, or Cyberdeck shows itself as such.  Fixed a few problem items that were showing their stats incorrectly.
- Added device stat labels to cyberware, armor, weapon, gear, and vehicle tabs so that you can see the stats for selected commlinks, cyberdecks, or rigger command consoles.
- For newly created characters only, limit modifiers will now inlcude the condition under which they operate.  I'd make this retroactive but it would be a nightmare to code.
- Fixed the Quality Indomitable and the Adept Power Improved Potential to add directly to the calculated limits rather than add limit modifiers as these bonuses apply at all times.  This also resolved the issue with the Chaos Mentor Spirit where it was not applying the bonus from the granted Improved Potential power.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases carry-over karma from character creation would not be carried over.
- Will now automatically remove the Allergy when removing the Eagle Mentor Spirit.
- Fixed the Initiation/Submersion tab so that it will allow adding multiple instances of metamagics and echoes that allow it.
- Updated the Infusion of [Matrix Attribute] and Defusion of [Matrix Attribute] so that they will ask for you to enter the name of the attribute being adjusted.  For now it is a text entry, at some later date it may become a drop down.
- Fixed a bug that was breaking the karma calculation when increasing skills belonging to a broken skill group in creation mode.
- Updated the Select a Mentor Spirit dialog to not show choices you're not eligible for.  So Magician options won't show up for Adepts and Adept options won't show up for Magicians.  Mystic Adepts still see all options.

And one more... Ariketh, this build has a few hidden fixes in it that should now have your custom Mentor file working correctly.  Long story short there was a bug in how it was handling the specificpower tag that wasn't showing up with the stock mentors.  Let me know if you find anything else.

Vale

• Newb
  • Living life one nuyen at a time.
« Reply #296 on: <07-22-14/1658:31> »
Just a little something I noticed when making my Rigger. I was unable to add weapons to Heavy Weapon mounts on my Steel Lynx or Rover 2072. It kept giving me the prompt that weapons could only be added to weapon mounts.

Adam

« Reply #297 on: <07-22-14/1810:02> »
Just a little something I noticed when making my Rigger. I was unable to add weapons to Heavy Weapon mounts on my Steel Lynx or Rover 2072. It kept giving me the prompt that weapons could only be added to weapon mounts.

Got it. Thanks for reporting it and it'll be fixed in the next build (5.129)

Gasp

• Newb
« Reply #298 on: <07-22-14/2040:52> »
Small report : the Colt M23 assault riffle doesnt show any ap when it should have -2

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #299 on: <07-22-14/2231:01> »
Recently found that the YMT Softweave doesn't work right. it causes the capacity to become a fugitive value (What it should be adding) and glitches the program to close.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules