NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #270 on: <07-20-14/1246:42> »
He should be: SR5, page 322. And literally everything else is right for the entry, including the adept stuff that didn't appear in SR4. (Which I did not add.)

Oh, I know what it might be. Did you search for "Firebringer" when you checked? Because in the file he's listed as "Fire-Bringer". That's completely my fault for the inaccurate bug report. For location, he's between Eagle and Mountain in the file.

D'oh!  Completely my error (I'll blame it on it being Sunday morning ::))  I'll get the Fire-Bringer fixed in the next build which should be coming hot on the heels of 5.126.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #271 on: <07-20-14/1309:45> »
I've finally got the Initiation tab done (and a list of bugs to go with it).  I think I've resolved everything with the Street Grimoire initiation but if you find something I missed, please let me know.

Build 5.126 (beta)...

- Fixing the above item led to two powers referenced in Street Grimoire that haven't previously been published.  These have only been provided via a forum post by one of the designers.  So that post is now a source (SFP1) that can be enabled in order to provide those powers (Keratin Control and Living Focus)....

Was wondering if you had a link to the forum thread where they put this?

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #272 on: <07-20-14/1315:46> »
I've finally got the Initiation tab done (and a list of bugs to go with it).  I think I've resolved everything with the Street Grimoire initiation but if you find something I missed, please let me know.

Build 5.126 (beta)...

- Fixing the above item led to two powers referenced in Street Grimoire that haven't previously been published.  These have only been provided via a forum post by one of the designers.  So that post is now a source (SFP1) that can be enabled in order to provide those powers (Keratin Control and Living Focus)....

Was wondering if you had a link to the forum thread where they put this?

Search "Keratin Control", and it was the third link down for me. <- Link in text.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #273 on: <07-20-14/1332:00> »
Here's the link I have for those two items (and what's used by Chummer):
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=17175.msg303991#msg303991

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #274 on: <07-20-14/1335:45> »
Thank you guys :D/

Adam

« Reply #275 on: <07-20-14/1356:35> »
One other very important thing... this most recent build (5.126) also has updates to the French translation files courtesy of Jeremy.  A very big thank you for all your work!

Ariketh

• Omae
« Reply #276 on: <07-20-14/1442:18> »
Another mentor error. (I know you're shocked.)

For the Mentor Spirit Wolf, when selecting Attribute Boost (Agi) for the Adept option will bring up the dialog to select an attribute.

But changing:
<specificattribute>
   <name>AGI</name>
</specificattribute>

to:
<selectattribute>
   <attribute>AGI</attribute>
</selectattribute>

Forces Agility as the selection, with no additional dialog.

Not a bug, just a comment:
Oddly, for one of my customs, I can't get two of the Attribute Boost to work with a single selection. It adds both points to the first instance of the power rather than 1 each. :/ When I change the second power, it works fine. /shakestinyfistofrage. I'll just make it get 2 of one or the other, no split for them.

-Ariketh

Adam

« Reply #277 on: <07-20-14/1618:00> »
For the Mentor Spirit Wolf, when selecting Attribute Boost (Agi) for the Adept option will bring up the dialog to select an attribute.

Thank you! I'll put that in for the next build.

Not a bug, just a comment:
Oddly, for one of my customs, I can't get two of the Attribute Boost to work with a single selection. It adds both points to the first instance of the power rather than 1 each. :/ When I change the second power, it works fine. /shakestinyfistofrage. I'll just make it get 2 of one or the other, no split for them.

If you'd like me to take a look and see if perhaps there's a code change I can make to support it, send your file over to me and I'll see what I can do.

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #278 on: <07-20-14/1627:38> »
I just finished re-creating my character with Chummer 5 and noticed that his Social Limit is 7 when generated with C5 instead of 10 as I calculated manually.

It seems Chummer 5 calculates the Social Limit by rounding my Essence value of 3.05 down. SR5 page 100 however states: "For Social limits, round up Essence to the nearest whole number prior to calculating the cost."

This makes the calculation value of the character to be "4" instead of "3".
Liber et infractus

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #279 on: <07-20-14/1855:59> »
Is there any way to print without it cutting sections through the middle with page breaks
ETA: Doh! Nevermind.

ETA2: still having issues. The PDF converter I'm using doesn't seem to recognize Chummer's page breaks.
« Last Edit: <07-20-14/2022:02> by Lusis »
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Sevrin

• Newb
« Reply #280 on: <07-20-14/2027:58> »
I can not express my thanks enough, Adam.  Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into reviving Chummer. 

- Sevrin

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #281 on: <07-20-14/2035:25> »
@Adam: I don't think I can add several specializations. It asks me to overwrite the previous one.

Also, post char creation marking, I can't increase NEWLY ADDED knowledge skills past 6, despite having the Karma and being able to push the pre-char creation marker knowledge skills above 6.

RE: Sensor array comes up at 8/[6] capacity and does not allow me to add sensor functions that I would like in that array. Book says I'm allowed 8.

Regarding having multiple specializations per skill post character creation.  This is a known issue and was mentioned in my very first post announcing Chummer5.

I'll check on the Sensor Array and see what I need to fix.

Cool! Any clue what caused the knowledge skills to cap and the green + button to be greyed out at level 6?

I'm trying and failing to reproduce the issue with the Sensor Array you're describing.  The capacity shows as 8/[6] because it can hold 8 sensor functions and per the table on page 446 it uses 6 capacity in when placed in something else like a helmet.  Now I am seeing a couple situations where it isn't correctly applying its capacity and is instead allowing you to add more than 8 sensor functions and I'm adding that to the list but I can't seem to find a situation where it is limiting you to less than 8.

Good catch on the Knowledge Skill cap in Career mode.  I'll get that one fixed quickly.

Am I maybe misunderstanding Chummer functionality? I was assuming that I add a Sensor array (to my Sleeping Tiger suit) and then add up to 8 sensor functions manually (like Atmospheric, for example). Will it let me do that or should I do that on paper after printing?

Adam

« Reply #282 on: <07-20-14/2042:48> »
Am I maybe misunderstanding Chummer functionality? I was assuming that I add a Sensor array (to my Sleeping Tiger suit) and then add up to 8 sensor functions manually (like Atmospheric, for example). Will it let me do that or should I do that on paper after printing?

It should be letting you do that now.  I just tested it on the latest build, adding Vashon Island: Sleeping Tiger armor, then adding a Rating 8 Sensor Array as gear to the armor, then adding a series of Sensor Functions (Atmosphere Sensor among them) as gear to the Sensor Array.  There is a bug where it isn't showing or calculating the capacity used on the Sensor Array though... but this bug is letting you add too much, not restricting you from adding any or too few.  so you should be fine. Let me know if that doesn't work for you using build 5.126.

Razhul

• Omae
« Reply #283 on: <07-20-14/2110:30> »

It should be letting you do that now.  I just tested it on the latest build, adding Vashon Island: Sleeping Tiger armor, then adding a Rating 8 Sensor Array as gear to the armor, then adding a series of Sensor Functions (Atmosphere Sensor among them) as gear to the Sensor Array.  There is a bug where it isn't showing or calculating the capacity used on the Sensor Array though... but this bug is letting you add too much, not restricting you from adding any or too few.  so you should be fine. Let me know if that doesn't work for you using build 5.126.

Interesting. It works on a new character but not on the one I built this Thu/Friday. Maybe I just have to rebuild it.

I attached my "broken" char so you can check it out. :)

Adam

« Reply #284 on: <07-21-14/1039:59> »
Tiny update this morning to resolve a handful of bugs.

Build 5.127 (beta)
- Fixed a bug where it was not rounding Essence up when calculating your Social Limit.
- Fixed a bug which would prevent adding Sensor Functions to Sensors.
- Fixed a bug which would prevent any metamagics from being shown when selecting a new metamagic.