NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

Adam

« Reply #180 on: <07-13-14/1310:40> »
Hi Adam, first off, thanks for all your great work! Really made it easier for our whole group to start our first Shadowrun round  :)

I think, I found a little mistake: Mentor Spirit (Raven) gives Free Traceless Walk OR 1 level of voice control (at least, if there wasn't an errata since I bought my rulebook^^).

There are also some issues when you use the german version of the programm, but I assume this won't be your first priority. English works just excellent  8)

First, I'm really glad you're enjoying Chummer and that it's working for you.

I'll take a look at the Raven Mentor Spirit and get it fixed.  And German is fairly high on my priority list, I've got to update a few files first but I'm hoping to begin real movement forward on the foreign translations in the next week.

Cynewulf

• Newb
« Reply #181 on: <07-13-14/1448:09> »
The Savalette Guardian is suppossed to have an internal Smartgun system, Chummer has it listed as external. Minor issue.

Adam

« Reply #182 on: <07-13-14/1514:52> »
I think, I found a little mistake: Mentor Spirit (Raven) gives Free Traceless Walk OR 1 level of voice control (at least, if there wasn't an errata since I bought my rulebook^^).

This is what it lists in the PDF I have for the Raven Adept power on page 323 of the Core Rulebook.  Is it different in yours? I ask because it wouldn't be the first time the PDF and printed book don't match.
Adept: Free Traceless Walk and 1 level of Voice Control

nimmerlicht

• Newb
« Reply #183 on: <07-13-14/1621:15> »
Its definitly OR in The german printed version on page 322  :-\

Adam

« Reply #184 on: <07-13-14/1714:52> »
I went through all 25 Mentor Spirits in every config, Magician and Adept, every optional selection... and this build is the result.  After fixing the bugs listed below every single one of the Mentor Spirits was added without issue and all the benefits appeared.  If you have a different experience, send me a copy of your character sheet and what you were doing so I can try to duplicate it.

Build 5.122 (beta)
- Fixed a number of bugs relating to Mentor Spirits and as best as I can tell, they're all working as intended. If you find otherwise, please email me a copy of your character sheet with a brief explanation of what's going wrong.
- Mountain Mentor Spirit now provides its bonus to Counterspelling
- Doom Mentor Spirit now correctly provides a +2 to the combat skill of your choice if you choose that option.
- Mutation Mentor Spirit now correctly asks for which ability to apply Attribute Boost.
- Eagle Mentor Spirit now automatically applies "Pollutants" as the trigger of your Allergy.
- Dog Mentor Spirit now asks which senses are being improved.
- Moved the Smartgun System on the Savalette Guardian to be Internal.

adzling

« Reply #185 on: <07-13-14/1737:52> »
in the pdf and printed english version Raven gets both 1 level of voice control AND Traceless Walk.
As well as +2 to con ;-)
FYI.

Adam

« Reply #186 on: <07-13-14/1813:05> »
Yeah... I've been digging through forum posts about the Raven Mentor Spirit. I wish they'd errata this or at least make a conclusive statement which way is correct. Failing that, I'm considering in the meantime adding a Mentor Spirit named "Raven (German)" that uses "or" rather than "and".

Azmodael

• Newb
« Reply #187 on: <07-13-14/1818:45> »
Considering that both powers are bad and not worth the PP cost I really don't see the problem...

adzling

« Reply #188 on: <07-13-14/1825:30> »
yeah it's rather sucky.

with just one level of V.C. Raven is a bit underpowered and with both Traceless Walk and V.C. it's a bit overpowered.

gah.

FYI I still got something funky going on with Karma when an adept with Way of the Burnout adds an augmentation during creation.
It drops his Karma by 5 points.

Which leads me to a quick pointer on the fact that you are handling Magic loss wrong currently.

If a character loses some essence, his magic rating drops.
Simple right?
Not so fast as there are some subtle complications that can ensue.

Example:
Toon has 4 Magic and 6 Essence.
He adds some augmentation and his essence drops to 5.5.
However even though his Magic is lower than 5 it still drops, from 4 to 3.
His maximum uninitiated Magic also drops from 6 to 5.
So now your toon has a Magic of 3, Essence of 5.5 and a maximum uninitiated Magic rating of 5 (i.e. he can raise his magic from 3 to 5 just via Karma, no need to initiate as you only need to initiate for raising your magic above 6).

It's also worth noting that the cost to raise that Magic from 3 to 4 is only 20 Karma points, just like any other stat.
So always raise your Magic AFTER you add your cyberware.

Anyhoo that's how I understand it after discussing with some of the more knowledgeable people on these boards.

Right now Chummer has it so that in the above scenario:
Toon has 4 Magic and 6 Essence.
He adds some augmentation and his essence drops to 5.5.
Magic rating of 4 is unchanged (although with Burnout's Way he gets a 5 Karma penalty for some reason).

Now I could be wrong on this but that is what I was able to divine after discussing on a few srun boards.

ymmv
« Last Edit: <07-13-14/1827:19> by adzling »

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #189 on: <07-13-14/2257:36> »
Just wondering, if there is any real use to linking the PDF location, and the location of a PDF application in the Chummer5 options. Like is there a way to quick open the books to specific pages ?

Adam

« Reply #190 on: <07-14-14/0655:02> »
Just wondering, if there is any real use to linking the PDF location, and the location of a PDF application in the Chummer5 options. Like is there a way to quick open the books to specific pages ?
Interestingly enough, I've found what appears to be disabled code inside Chummer intended to open a PDF to a particular page.  It looks like Nebular either intended to add that functionality or tried and gave up due to problems.  I haven't tried to make it work although I've been wanting to look at it more.  The biggest issue I can think of is that it would require either having to "register" the PDF with Chummer so it knows how the file is named on your machine, or it would require a particular naming convention. So it sounds really cool, but it may be very problematic to implement.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #191 on: <07-14-14/0747:06> »
Interestingly enough, I've found what appears to be disabled code inside Chummer intended to open a PDF to a particular page.  It looks like Nebular either intended to add that functionality or tried and gave up due to problems.  I haven't tried to make it work although I've been wanting to look at it more.  The biggest issue I can think of is that it would require either having to "register" the PDF with Chummer so it knows how the file is named on your machine, or it would require a particular naming convention. So it sounds really cool, but it may be very problematic to implement.

I was reading and on a forum somewhere it seemed like originally he had it active, and you would be able to click on the source link and it would open to that page. If you go to the options menu, and click on each book manually you can link it manually to the PDF location. It will also allow you to click "Test -Open to page 5", and if you link it a pdf program it actually works. So it would be amazing if you managed to find a way to get it to work :o

Oh wow I got it to work for Martial art techniques. For example I went to options and manually linked all the books and them to my PDF viewer. Then I went to martial arts, added a new one, I chose karate. Then added a new technique, sweep. On the right side it says "Source: RG 141", when i select sweep, so when i single left click on the source it opens up run & gun to page 141 :D
« Last Edit: <07-14-14/0756:22> by Chaozmager »

Adam

« Reply #192 on: <07-14-14/0955:47> »
I've been working in this code for getting close to three months and I thought I'd seen all it could do... damn that's cool!  Nebular wrote some damn good code.

LionofPerth

• Omae
  • That's Mind Taking Baby!
« Reply #193 on: <07-14-14/1002:16> »
Thanks for the good work. Much appreciated. I may have a bug, though I will confirm this later tonight.
When in doubt, C4.

Chaozmager

• Newb
« Reply #194 on: <07-14-14/1150:26> »
But Adam any possibility on actually make it so that it always works. Like when you have a secondary box open and click on the source it doesn't seem to want to work, but if you are on the main page and click on sources it works :o