NEWS

Chummer for 5th Edition

• 1235 Replies

adzling

« Reply #30 on: <07-04-14/1209:58> »
Please add in the various adept ways in the SG!

I can't create my character without them, specifically the way of the burnout.
That could be a tricky one to implement as it has different purchase requirements when taken at character creation vs. in-game.

thanks for your hard work on this, it's really very good so far!

Adam

« Reply #31 on: <07-04-14/1221:25> »
Please add in the various adept ways in the SG!

I can't create my character without them, specifically the way of the burnout.
That could be a tricky one to implement as it has different purchase requirements when taken at character creation vs. in-game.

thanks for your hard work on this, it's really very good so far!

I'll be adding the rest of SG as I can. Priority right now is on bug fixes (and wow do I have a list of bugs to fix) and as I get those under control, I'll get back to adding content from SG. 

As a little window into my thoughts here, my gaming group is having our first 5th edition session in two weeks (on the 19th) and I'm the GM.  And to top it off, I'd say about 2/3 of my group is intending to play something that uses the new content from SG so they're hounding me pretty constantly about getting the SG content into Chummer5 so they can create their characters.  So right now my plan is to get all of SG into Chummer5 by the end of this next week if I can at all manage it while staying on top of the bug list.

Adam

« Reply #32 on: <07-04-14/1309:22> »
Oh and nylanfs, thank you for the post on Dumpshock.  I'm still waiting on my account to be manually approved there (sent in the manual email and everything) and will post there as soon as I'm approved to do so.

Oo Koo

• Newb
« Reply #33 on: <07-04-14/1314:15> »
A few comments.

You can't buy sensors to add to sensor tags, since they're apparently tied to sensor housings.

You can't buy spare clips, holsters and other such non weapon mounted accessories for holdouts, since they can't take accessories. While technically not RAW this should probably be allowed.

Spare clips don't have a quantity field, so if you get several, your weapon get's cluttered by multiple different spare clips accessory entries, instead of just listing X spare clips in a single entry.

You can't move removable weapon accessories to a different location entry from the weapon. Like keeping a silencer and two spare clips (loaded with explosive ammo) in the stash where you keep your illegal gear separated from your usual stuff where your (fake) licensed weapon is.

It'd be nice to have a custom/houseruled/whatever item option for most categories with only a price and rules notes fields to allow us to add custom stuff, stuff from sources not yet included or temporarily circumvent problems like above.
« Last Edit: <07-04-14/1317:56> by Oo Koo »

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #34 on: <07-04-14/1603:21> »
More importantly, they describe RCCs as being about the size of a briefcase.  I imagine they won't be implantable until maybe the Rigger book comes out with new ones.
Signature file not found

DicemanTex

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <07-04-14/1623:09> »
The skill groups (save Sorcery) have a limit of 4. It should be 6, I believe.
Great work! So glad you picked this up!

Adam

« Reply #36 on: <07-04-14/1626:23> »
More importantly, they describe RCCs as being about the size of a briefcase.  I imagine they won't be implantable until maybe the Rigger book comes out with new ones.

Good answer! I like that answer!  ;D

In the meantime, I'm plugging onward and have 25 or so bugs squashed since this morning's release.  I'll probably post another update with these fixes tomorrow morning.

Adam

« Reply #37 on: <07-04-14/1637:40> »
The skill groups (save Sorcery) have a limit of 4. It should be 6, I believe.
Great work! So glad you picked this up!

I'm looking for confirmation on the maximum rating of a skill group. I've been looking through the core book and haven't found anything. Does anyone have reference for this or know the answer for sure?  Thank you!

And glad to be doing it... looking forward to getting past this initial part where you guys are finding bugs as fast or faster than I fix them.  But enjoying it just the same.

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #38 on: <07-04-14/1744:44> »
Page 88:
In character generation, the highest characters can
raise a skill is 6 (7 if they purchase the Aptitude quality).
This also applies to skill groups
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #39 on: <07-04-14/1751:23> »
Adam, I just wanted to say how appreciative I am that you have taken up this mantle.  This is a task that will result in a great deal of thanks and headaches, perhaps in equal measure, and I just wanted to let you know that I speak for my team of team players and myself when I say that we are exceptionally pleased and excited by this surprising release.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Adam

« Reply #40 on: <07-04-14/1832:52> »
Page 88:
In character generation, the highest characters can
raise a skill is 6 (7 if they purchase the Aptitude quality).
This also applies to skill groups

What about during advancement? Do skill groups then cap at 12?

Snake Eyes

• Chummer
  • I am the Matrx
« Reply #41 on: <07-04-14/1840:27> »
Yeah, the skills cap at 12 (13 with the Aptitude Quality).....
Sorry should have added the rest of the quote from pg 88
In character generation, the highest characters can raise a skill is 6 (7 if they purchase the Aptitude quality).
After character generation, the highest rating a skill can hit is 12 (13 with the Aptitude quality).
« Last Edit: <07-04-14/1845:16> by Snake Eyes »
Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Adam

« Reply #42 on: <07-04-14/2053:36> »
A few comments.

You can't buy sensors to add to sensor tags, since they're apparently tied to sensor housings.

You can't buy spare clips, holsters and other such non weapon mounted accessories for holdouts, since they can't take accessories. While technically not RAW this should probably be allowed.

Spare clips don't have a quantity field, so if you get several, your weapon get's cluttered by multiple different spare clips accessory entries, instead of just listing X spare clips in a single entry.

You can't move removable weapon accessories to a different location entry from the weapon. Like keeping a silencer and two spare clips (loaded with explosive ammo) in the stash where you keep your illegal gear separated from your usual stuff where your (fake) licensed weapon is.

It'd be nice to have a custom/houseruled/whatever item option for most categories with only a price and rules notes fields to allow us to add custom stuff, stuff from sources not yet included or temporarily circumvent problems like above.

I want to respond to these issues in particular, at least in part because I'm not intending to address them immediately.  I will address them, just probably not in the next few days.  They're all good ideas but they're all things that are going to require whole new code because they weren't part of original Chummer. You can currently add spare clips in the gear tab and add ammunition to them and adjust quantities as you like, but they're not part of the weapon tab. There is no way to buy weapon accessories except on the weapon tab, so there's no way to put them in a location as you can on the gear tab. And I very much approve of having some sort of custom item you can purchase where you can set its name and cost to handle all those things that don't appear in a book's list of things you can buy.

Sensors on the other hand need work in Chummer and I'll get those resolved as quickly as I can. I know there's been problems with them and I'll spend time on them tomorrow.

And Snake Eyes... thank you for the info. I've already updated the Skill Groups to cap at 6 during character generation and 12 during advancement and this will be available with tomorrow morning's 5.111 build.

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <07-05-14/0316:20> »
Crashed when I tried to select a Mentor spirit, after choosing all the options. 

EDIT: Actually, there's a couple more things that need mentioning here, regarding creating a Mystic Adept. 

First off, I don't see any way to pick the two Magical skills that you get automatically at 5. 

Second, this has no option to take errata into account, and therefore the current Karma costs for Adept Power Points is wrong- they increased the cost to 5 Karma per Power Point. 
« Last Edit: <07-05-14/0346:15> by horngeek »

horngeek

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <07-05-14/0454:30> »
Here's the code of the error message- options chosen were Mentor Spirit quality, Dragonslayer mentor spirit, Adept version of power chosen and Negotiation as the social skill bonus. 

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

I tested it with Wise Warrior and Eagle as well, and for Wise Warrior I got the error "InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'."  Eagle works, though. 
« Last Edit: <07-05-14/0539:00> by horngeek »