NEWS

New Shadowrun Fiction Released

• 70 Replies

rasmusnicolaj

• Omae
  • Не бойся смерти
« Reply #60 on: <11-26-12/0526:05> »
And I appreciate the review, even if I grinned a little when you called me "Critias" in it.   ;D

Your welcome. Love your work so just keep it comming ;D

I have always believed you to be a certain vampire from Chicago and just assumed that Russell was a pseudonym you used to hide your true identity from the ignorant masses 8)

Rasmus
Deplore killings made in the name of religion. Can't it just be for fun?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #61 on: <11-26-12/1358:31> »
And I appreciate the review, even if I grinned a little when you called me "Critias" in it.   ;D

Your welcome. Love your work so just keep it comming ;D
I'm eager to write more Kincaid in particular, trust me.  I'm just waiting for the Powers That Be to give me the go-ahead. 

I have always believed you to be a certain vampire from Chicago and just assumed that Russell was a pseudonym you used to hide your true identity from the ignorant masses 8)
I do traditionally play Brujah, and I am a history professor, now, so that kind of falls into place...hrm...

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #62 on: <11-29-12/0713:17> »
I wrote a review of Neat on my SR website. It's in French, but here's the big picture:
- Compares to Nigel Findley's word in a good way
- Great characters, especially Kincaid
- Efficient plot, with some "neat" twists ;)
- Obviously a bit short due to the format
- Very enjoyable read, want more :)
- A cross-over tale where Kincaid has to work with Dirk Montgomery would be awesome  ;D
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #63 on: <12-16-12/0601:31> »
I wrote a review of Neat on my SR website. It's in French, but here's the big picture:
- Compares to Nigel Findley's word in a good way
- Great characters, especially Kincaid
- Efficient plot, with some "neat" twists ;)
- Obviously a bit short due to the format
- Very enjoyable read, want more :)
- A cross-over tale where Kincaid has to work with Dirk Montgomery would be awesome  ;D
Sorry I missed this post, Marzhin -- I ran across your review a few weeks ago (I ran it through Google translate, is that cheating?), and I appreciate it very much.  Just the other day I got someone else making a Nigel Findley comparison (over on DriveThru, this time), and I've got to say, that sort of thing...it really hits me.  Anyone who knows what Mr. Findley wrote on, and who knows what I always love about the Sixth World, can tell just how much his work influenced me and my ideas of what the game world is like, what's awesome about it, etc, etc.  So being compared to him is pretty mind blowing. 

I really appreciate the feedback!

And, while I'm here, fellas?  Check out http://criticalglitch.com/?p=113 if you've got a little time to kill;  the Critical Glitch guys sat me down for a fun little Skype interview, and we had a good time chatting about how I got into gaming, how I got into Shadowrun in particular, what influenced me when I was working on Neat, all kinds of fun stuff like that. 

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #64 on: <12-16-12/1926:34> »
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it.  Vajra, did you spot Lizzie on your own or did you see my little hint over in the fanfic thread?  ;)

Anyone got any comments/questions/anything?  There's a couple other little easter eggs in there (some Shadowrun, some pop culture, some private eye stuff).  Anyone spotted any?

First I read the book, then I noticed your hint. I enjoy how Lizzie has grown as a person in your story, though honestly her having a girlfriend threw me for a loop(Then again, only guy she ever seemed to crush on was Deke, and that was probably a savior thing that fueled it rather any actual feelings).

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #65 on: <12-23-12/1231:26> »
Sorry I missed this post, Marzhin -- I ran across your review a few weeks ago (I ran it through Google translate, is that cheating?), and I appreciate it very much.  Just the other day I got someone else making a Nigel Findley comparison (over on DriveThru, this time), and I've got to say, that sort of thing...it really hits me.  Anyone who knows what Mr. Findley wrote on, and who knows what I always love about the Sixth World, can tell just how much his work influenced me and my ideas of what the game world is like, what's awesome about it, etc, etc.  So being compared to him is pretty mind blowing. 

I really appreciate the feedback!

No problem, glad you enjoyed the review :)
And using Google Translate is fine, even if I'm sure the translation didn't catch all the (*cough, cough*) panache of my (*cough, cough*) writing  :P
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #66 on: <12-24-12/0132:28> »
You should translate it yourself, then, and provide a link for us monolinguals.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #67 on: <12-24-12/1442:10> »
Step one for a Monolingual Anglophone looking for a job in Quebec:  "Move to Toronto."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

AceFace

« Reply #68 on: <12-26-12/1717:38> »
It took me way too long to get around to reading Neat, but very glad I did. Fantastic stuff - great characters, great story and great fun. Shoved a review up on UK Amazon (I'm TK) - hope it helps sell a few more copies!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A5GSSLC/ref=cm_cr_thx_view

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #69 on: <12-26-12/1741:56> »
It's appreciated, Ace!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

As always, if folks have questions or comments or thoughts or whatnot, feel free to holler 'em at me.  I'm always willing to ramble about Kincaid, he's a fun dude to write. 

Kylen

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-31-12/2133:06> »
My face lit up when I saw the words "new Fiction"

I was like "New start to the Shadowrun book fictions?!"

And then I saw that Crit's icon is the main character/cover art.

And I was like "Okay. Gotta read it now."

....I just have to wait for payday :<
"Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger." - Tolkien

"F*** subtle." - Dresden