NEWS

New Shadowrun Fiction Released

• 70 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <11-12-12/0647:57> »
Will be picking this up later today - very much looking forward to it!

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <11-12-12/1257:48> »
Hey Critias, you've been rocking a new icon, wouldn't be related to a character in your new book, would it?
It's a snippet of the cover artwork (which blew me away), yup. 

And the character in question is the scruffy, lantern-jawed, Jimmy Kincaid, Paranormal Investigator.  Hovering protectively behind him, as he looms protectively over his city, is his ally spirit, Ariana.
« Last Edit: <11-13-12/0353:47> by Critias »

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« Reply #17 on: <11-12-12/2007:15> »
Does the happy snoopy dance for new fiction release.

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <11-13-12/0419:54> »
After reading the preview for this novel I bought it pretty quickly. I'll post a review here when I'm done but I'm excited to read it :)
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <11-13-12/0644:48> »
It's a snippet of the cover artwork (which blew me away), yup. 

Who did the cover?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #20 on: <11-13-12/0949:18> »
Victor Manuel Leza Moreno did the cover, and it's gorgeous! I know he's done some other art for SR recently, but can't remember which book(s) at the moment, with the exception of the Elven Blood cover. That one I can recall. I think he's got stuff in Clutch of Dragons and 2050 as well.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <11-13-12/1805:11> »
Hello all, hope life is great for all the runners out there.

So I picked up Neat Sat night with Dirty tricks. My lady was in town watching wicked with some friends and I had just put my little boy down for the night. I had a few thing planned for the evening while I was running solo, and all that went right to the dump when I started reading the book. Read it straight through over two hours, then reread it Monday.

To say I loved it would be an understatement. This little book has about everything I could hope for in a SR novel. Critics first pull's an archetype from the original SR (burntout Mage) and gives Him so much depth. Kincaid is the exact Charecter I didn't know I wanted to read about. Street level story, integrating Seattle 2070 perfectly, great plot line, amazing depth of characters, Cammeo appearance from a NPC from street legend suplamental.

This book also honored me far more then I could ever relate in words. Critias sent me a msg to keep my eye open while reading it for a reference. When I read it I was overwhelmed. To say I have a deep love for this game, it's setting and the people that support it rather as freelancers or fans would be an understatement. Yet to see my forum name appear in a story is an honor I would never had thought of. From the bottom of my heart thank you Critias, to read this story was reward enough, but to take part in the story is somthing I will always honor.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #22 on: <11-13-12/1819:23> »
This book also honored me far more then I could ever relate in words. Critias sent me a msg to keep my eye open while reading it for a reference. When I read it I was overwhelmed. To say I have a deep love for this game, it's setting and the people that support it rather as freelancers or fans would be an understatement. Yet to see my forum name appear in a story is an honor I would never had thought of. From the bottom of my heart thank you Critias, to read this story was reward enough, but to take part in the story is somthing I will always honor.
I'm just glad you didn't mind me swipin' your name!  ;) 

My thought process was that I wanted to give the Spirit Focus a little more character than the Nikko (to show which bar/club Kincaid cared about and spent time in), the thought of a dwarf/troll duo of bartenders struck me as kind of funny, and I thought about making 'em vets (to cater to the Fort Lewis crowd).  Then I just needed a name, happened to see a post or something of yours...and I figured "Why not?  Frankie's always been a nice guy.  I bet he'll get a kick out of it!"

A few tweaks later, and suddenly I had bartenders with some real character to 'em, I figured I made a fan happy, and I went back to writing and rewriting elsewhere in the story.   I just do what I can to keep this game fun, is all.  If I can make a fan's day, kind of reward someone who's always so dang positive on the forums, and flesh out a minor character a little bit, all at once?  Well, heck.  Why NOT give it a shot, y'know?

I'm glad you dug it, man (and I'm glad you got to read it so close to Veteran's Day, too, buddy)!  Thanks again for the kind words.
« Last Edit: <11-14-12/0335:26> by Critias »

Justice

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <11-13-12/1836:17> »
I'm looking forward to reading it as I enjoyed Elven Blood immensely. There's a couple of books I need to finish first and I have to figure out how to handle the zip format on my tablet too. 

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <11-13-12/1917:09> »
You have to open it with an unzip program/app, and then open it with a reader program/app.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <11-13-12/1958:42> »
Thanks Patrick.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #26 on: <11-14-12/0055:00> »
It's currently sitting at #25 for the Kindle store/high tech sci-fi, and #27 for books (not just ebooks) in the same category...at, y'know, Amazon.com.  I'm used to our books doing pretty well at drivethru and other niche shops, but Amazon?  The Amazon?  To call this sort of reception "awesome" is an understatement.  I'm fighting the urge to stand on the roof and shout about it to pedestrians strolling by, right now.

So, pick it up if you haven't yet, and leave a review or rating!  And a huge "thank you" to those of you that have!  Let's make a statement with this Shadowrun fiction, and see how high we can get it on that chart of theirs!  :)
« Last Edit: <11-14-12/0057:17> by Critias »

Shadowjack

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-14-12/0128:23> »
Really nice work, Critias. I've read about a quarter of it so far. It's inspiring and gives me motivation to write my own novels some day. For now I will just say that it definitely has my interest piqued and I look forward to reading more soon :)
Show me your wallet and I'll show you a man with 20 fingers.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <11-14-12/0131:04> »
I'm fighting the urge to stand on the roof and shout about it to pedestrians strolling by, right now.

Consider this: You're in Texas. Someone'd shoot you.

However, I would like to see some more reviews on Amazon besides mine. Not that it isn't an awesome review or anything, but it's a little lonely.
« Last Edit: <11-14-12/0134:54> by James Meiers »

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <11-14-12/0143:08> »
I'm fighting the urge to stand on the roof and shout about it to pedestrians strolling by, right now.

Consider this: You're in Texas. Someone'd shoot you.

You obviously have the same view of Texas as the sourcebook writers.