NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

fibericon

• Newb
« Reply #5010 on: <05-19-17/0320:56> »
Hi fibericon,
pardon me asking, but which game did you plan to join? ???

Ah, sorry about that. I got confused (thinking Stormy Waters was the name of this one, and it was connected to others, rather than being the umbrella name). I've looked (skimmed) at the other open threads, and I'm not immediately sure which I'wath would be best suited for, but my gut says Mirror Dance.

adamu

« Reply #5011 on: <05-19-17/0810:33> »
Sounds like it'd be easier to persuade Obi to spend 5 karma and get improved invisibility lol... sure he can afford it!

Can you each give me some sort of indication of your wifi state and any protections in place to counter / detect marks on your gear?  Running silent isn’t going to be enough down here where there aren’t any distractions to hide behind!  And the foe have already had around 30mins to scan your presence while Al, Silk and Alyce were hiding… they haven’t made a move yet… but they will 8)

Just reviewed my gear list in detail.

Of all Al's gear and ware, everything is throwback (no wifi functionality at all) except his knife (why? have to check book at home), microtransceiver, cybereyes, and Fairlight Caliban commlink. The former three have wifi manually switched off as is stated on my sheet. The only thing with any wifi capability on me is thus my commlink, which has a Firewall of 7.

Are we invisible or not? Jack said to edit, but then GM left us invisible in recent IC...just tell me what to do and I'm cool.

As for latest IC, I still had actions left on this same first combat turn, and haven't used any movement yet to speak of, and am at the moment unopposed, so saw no problem ducking through the closing portal - let me know if that was naughty!

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5012 on: <05-19-17/0940:36> »
Let's for the moment assume we are hard to notice - I don't want to impose on Obi what spells he has to learn (although Impr. Invisibility would surely be welcome).
Obi asked me to direct Rick during his absence, so I'll keep him working support for the team and try to keep him out of the line of fire otherwise  ;)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5013 on: <05-19-17/1211:40> »
In a fit of generosity I'm going to GIVE Rick Imp Invisibility for FREE!  It must be the weekend  ::)

So post your escape from the sec guards in to the next bit and feel free to describe how the next section might look, albeit it's deserted.  Probably an admin area but maybe some living stuff?  Use your imaginations  ;D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5014 on: <05-19-17/1214:52> »
Hi fibericon,

Ah, sorry about that. I got confused (thinking Stormy Waters was the name of this one, and it was connected to others, rather than being the umbrella name). I've looked (skimmed) at the other open threads, and I'm not immediately sure which I'wath would be best suited for, but my gut says Mirror Dance.
Hi!  Unfortunately MD is a PBM between myself, Mercy and Adam rather than a normal game.  There might be slots in TC but you would need to speak nicely to Mercy on that one!

I intend to start a 'normal level' runner game Sum10 in the not too dim and distant future but I want to get SoP underway first which will take priority for the next month probably (and that one is full)...sorry  :-\

You are welcome to post some stuff in the General IC over on DS if you want to start accumulating rewards ahead of joining a more formal game but we will understand if you don't want to...

adamu

« Reply #5015 on: <05-19-17/1226:39> »
@Safe For Work -

just a reminder to everyone that Al obtained the full schematics of this place from its head of maintenance/drug dealer.

Al sent all those files to everyone's commlinks before we left.

Might be useful as we navigate around here looking for this guy (and then try to escape!).

fibericon

• Newb
« Reply #5016 on: <05-19-17/1259:46> »
Hi fibericon,

Hi!  Unfortunately MD is a PBM between myself, Mercy and Adam rather than a normal game.  There might be slots in TC but you would need to speak nicely to Mercy on that one!

I intend to start a 'normal level' runner game Sum10 in the not too dim and distant future but I want to get SoP underway first which will take priority for the next month probably (and that one is full)...sorry  :-\

You are welcome to post some stuff in the General IC over on DS if you want to start accumulating rewards ahead of joining a more formal game but we will understand if you don't want to...

My ability to assess situations may be lacking somewhat. That said, where is the general IC thread? Is that Silk's Intel Host?

adamu

« Reply #5017 on: <05-19-17/1336:54> »
The General IC thread is on Dumpshock. And it is off the main page. Do a search on it (or a key word in it - try Alouicious) and it will come up in the search, and you can then post on it if you want. Once you do, it will stay on the main PbP page.

It is a thread where PCs can tell their own more-or-less solo stories - open to all in Aria's campaign.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5018 on: <05-20-17/0517:23> »
I do have the bandwidth to take on another player if you like.  I would start you off solo for a bit then try to work you into one of the groups out there.  The solo play gives you a chance to assess my GM style and flex your character a bit.  I can do that here on SG or over on DS.  Let me know if you are interested.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5019 on: <05-20-17/0704:29> »
I did not bookmark Obi's site and now cannot find the location.  Can someone send me a link to it?  Thanks in advance.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5020 on: <05-20-17/1036:40> »
I've sent you a PM
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5021 on: <05-21-17/0020:19> »
I have put up a post on Obi's site for the SoP introduction.  I liked Jack's post a lot and hope that mine is well received.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5022 on: <05-21-17/0110:43> »
Have added some more bio material to my OP site for Sian.  I have her up to WWII now.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5023 on: <05-21-17/0144:54> »
Hi Fibericon

Couple of quick notes, could you list your skill levels under base and then pool? A lock picking skill might be good but you've got a monowhip :)

A house rule we have here is that you get an extra 40 points of contacts, but they are potentially a bit more vulnerable than normal. Plus you get some bonus starting karma as detailed on the first couple of posts of this ooc thread : D

fibericon

• Newb
« Reply #5024 on: <05-21-17/0858:30> »
Hi Fibericon

Couple of quick notes, could you list your skill levels under base and then pool? A lock picking skill might be good but you've got a monowhip :)

A house rule we have here is that you get an extra 40 points of contacts, but they are potentially a bit more vulnerable than normal. Plus you get some bonus starting karma as detailed on the first couple of posts of this ooc thread : D

Odd, I thought Chummer exported base and pool, but it looks like it somehow glitched and put 0 as base for everything. I guess I should have checked that. I'll work up a table format while I'm at it, since it's a little hard to read at the moment.

Regarding lockpicking, is it better than an autopicker? Also, should the character go to career mode before bonus karma is applied?

40 bonus points of contacts is interesting. I'll have to come up with something fun for that.