NEWS

Street Grimoire Errata

• 179 Replies

Agonar

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <07-03-14/0047:25> »
There are several references to Object Resistance Threshold (p.295, sr5), when there isn't actually a Threshold, as Object Resistance is an opposed dice pool.  The word "Threshold should probably just be removed, and leave all references as "if you beat an item's Object Resistance" instead.

References...
Catalog, p.107
Chaff, p.111
Fix, p.116
Glue Strip, p.116
Decrease Noise, p.116
Decrease Gear Limit, p.116
Lock, p.117
Protect Vehicle, p.117 and 118
Pulse, p.118
Slow Vehicle, p.118
Shape [Material], p.118
GM of the Relative Dimension, Actual Play Podcast
www.relativedimension.com

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <07-03-14/0703:24> »
I was wondering about the object resistance threshold/test thing as well.  What I can't quite figure out is how someone is ever supposed to be able to fix a drone if he's rolling against 15+ dice every time he casts Fix.  If the categories on page 295 in SR5 were translated to thresholds (2/3/4/5), it would make a lot more sense.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <07-03-14/0710:16> »
Page 169: Cool Resolve 1 PP per Level
Seriously????? Isn't 1 PP a bit too high for that power?

If we figure that .5 PP is the appropriate cost for +1 skill, Cool Resolve gets you +1 to any non-threshold roll of a Social Skill.  That includes Con, Etiquette, Impersonation, Intimidation, Leadership (Command only), Negotiation, and Performance (distraction-related stuff only).  That seems pretty amazing; I'm sort of bummed there isn't an equivalent of PhysAds for the Athletics group like there was in 4e.
4e had the same ability to get +1 when making or resisting any Social Skill tests, plus it gave you +1 for any opposed test to gauge your truthfulness or emotional state (even against assensing), and as the cherry on top, let you communicate with other adepts through Interpretive Dance. All for .5 pp per level.

But they nerfed the shit out of Kinesics, and tried to give us back our dancing adepts at .5 pp, while turning Cool Resolve into this for 1 PP. So for the same effects you got in 4e for .5 PP, you have to spend 1.75 PP in 5e.

This seems much more like an argument that Kinsesics was broken in 4e than one that argues Cool Resolve is overcosted.  I think pretty much everyone agrees that Kinesics was over the top in 4e, but more to the point, I don't think there's much benefit in trying to gauge balance between editions.  The active skill benchmark is .5/+1, so analysis should flow from that.  There are certain groups of skills--Social and Vehicle, especially--that lend themselves to being grouped into some sort of Cool Resolve-ish package in my mind, but clearly those should cost more than baseline.
« Last Edit: <07-03-14/0801:53> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Larsine

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <07-03-14/0719:46> »
P. 88, Nuclear (Toxic Spirit of Fire)
Replace: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +3) +2D6
With: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +4) +2D6

P. 88, Plague (Toxic Spirit of Man)
Replace: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +2) +2D6
With: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +3) +2D6

P. 100, Torso (While detached)
Replace: Physical Init. 10 +2D6
With: Physical Init. 8 +2D6

P. 193, Guardian Spirits
Replace: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +1) +2D6
With: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +3) +2D6

P. 193, Guidance Spirits
Replace: Physical Init. (F x 2) +2D6
With: Physical Init. ((F x 2) +2) +2D6

Katerchen

• Newb
« Reply #49 on: <07-03-14/0733:56> »
How about the new qualities for ways? It may be not an error, but the cost seems a Bit high if you consider that you only have 25 points at character creation. With 20 points for one way, that leaves not much room for further Fleshing out your character with qualities. It. might be reduced to 15 or even 10 points to reflect the new Limits at creation in 5e.
Versuchen Sie's mal mit Wagner, da klebt mehr Blut dran.

Ruhageb

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <07-03-14/0800:45> »
Specific contradiction I found:

pg. 45 Plague Cloud listed as preferred adept power in the Druid tradition, then
pg. 87 second bit under "Twisted Arts" specifically states that only toxic adepts can learn this power (and Toxic Strike),

To further confuse the issue, when you read each spell/power listed in twisted arts section (pg. 87) only Plague Cloud does not specifically state that is restricted to the Toxic tradition.  Considering the severity of pollutant elemental effects I figured the power is supposed to be toxic specific, regardless of much the idea of a swarm-enveloped melee druid adept might have called to me.
« Last Edit: <07-03-14/0917:37> by Ruhageb »

Isengrim

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <07-03-14/1120:05> »
On page 122 the ritual Ally Conjuration, and on page 127 the ritual Create Ally Spirit both reference page 200. There is no mention of these rituals anywhere in the Ally Spirit chapter.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #52 on: <07-03-14/2217:36> »
p69

The Technomagicians' Members, Dues, and Area of Expertise are italicized and not bolded. Just a small inconsistency error when all the other organizations have had those bolded.

T

• Newb
« Reply #53 on: <07-05-14/1311:01> »
POSSESSION:
(The Immaterial Touch -> New Spirit Powers -> Possession. P.197.)

I'm not sure whether that's a mistake or a change in the Rules-As-Intended, but there is no mention anywhere (that I could find) of Immunity to Normal Weapons being granted to spirits possessing a living (or inanimate) vessel.

I expect it was simply overlooked as possession becomes really weak without it. Possession already has tons of limitations that make it much trickier to use than Materialization, so I'll be quite disappointed if the ItNW is gone.

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #54 on: <07-05-14/1444:44> »
Buddhism Pg 43
Burnout's Way Pg.157

Both reference Adept Power - Living Focus - But there is no such power in the book.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #55 on: <07-05-14/1823:17> »
Buddhism Pg 43
Burnout's Way Pg.157

Both reference Adept Power - Living Focus - But there is no such power in the book.

Living Focus and Keratin Control are both slated for release in an e-book called Shadow Spells, which I assume is going to be similar to the Digital Grimoire from 4th edition.  One of the developers has stated what his intentions are with the powers, but as they are unpublished and unconfirmed, it would be unwise to spell them out currently.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Serin_Marst

• Newb
« Reply #56 on: <07-05-14/2114:28> »
I'm not sure whether that's a mistake or a change in the Rules-As-Intended, but there is no mention anywhere (that I could find) of Immunity to Normal Weapons being granted to spirits possessing a living (or inanimate) vessel.

(((Possession never granted ItNW, AFAIK.  That's a function of Materialization)))

P. 149  Astral Bluff is listed as a technique, which doesn't appear to be a defined category.  The text seems to indicate it is a metamagic

It appears to be impossible for Aspected Conjurers to summon great form spirits as this has changed to a ritual spell (a function of the Sorcery skill group) from an expansion of the Binding skill as it was in previous editions.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <07-05-14/2142:08> »

(((Possession never granted ItNW, AFAIK.  That's a function of Materialization)))

((The rule was in the Possession and Vessels sidebar on page 102 of Street Magic))
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Serin_Marst

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <07-05-14/2233:26> »

((The rule was in the Possession and Vessels sidebar on page 102 of Street Magic))

(((Ah, there it is, must have skipped over the header when I double checked.  My bad.)))

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <07-08-14/1006:18> »
Can I add as likely Errata that Counterstrike and Riposte should cost the same? Unless you're going to tell me that Unarmed (for an extended combat, no less!) is somehow better.