NEWS

Shadowrun Apparel

• 68 Replies

Nexushound

• Newb
« on: <04-29-11/1659:04> »
Oi Chums,

How about some Shadowrun apparel? An SR Hoodie, T-shirts or.....Ski Mask? Just kidding bout the ski-mask bit. But the SR logo is really cool always has been. I think some gear sporting our favorite RPG Logo would be awesome. Hell put out Corporate Logos. An Ares or S-K Tee would be sweet. Just wondering what others think of this idea.
Matrix Access ID Spoofed
Encryption Keys Generated
Login
Enter Passcode
Biometric Scan Confirmed

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-11/1846:02> »
I have an Ares Predator T-Shirt that my Father found online...  Somewhere.

I wear it when GMing.   ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-29-11/2136:24> »
There are shirts sold at Origins and GenCon every year. What's left goes up on BattleCorps, but they tend to either not last or are odd sizes.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-29-11/2246:04> »
I concur, we need more/new SR apparel

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #4 on: <04-29-11/2347:55> »
Agreed.

Tell Jason, Randall, & Co. that you want a Shadowrun Missions T-Shirt!  (I ask about it every now and then :))

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-30-11/0006:04> »
@ Bull - Oh I will. Should I bother him on the SR site or should I just chase him down on Facebook?  :P

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <04-30-11/0007:33> »
I'm also thinking some of the classic pictures that shout Shadowrun without the title on it should be available as...  Something.  Posters maybe?

In particular, I'm thinking of the Street Shaman that's standing on a building in the middle of a lightning storm.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <04-30-11/0101:41> »
And, I know Bull doesn't like the green (which is odd, him being an ork & all ;D), but I do.

And, remember, if they don't make the shirts, you can always make them yourself...

SR long sleeve T

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-30-11/0104:26> »
@ Bull - Oh I will. Should I bother him on the SR site or should I just chase him down on Facebook?  :P

I've seen it here, so consider the message passed!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <04-30-11/0126:36> »
And, I know Bull doesn't like the green (which is odd, him being an ork & all ;D), but I do.

And, remember, if they don't make the shirts, you can always make them yourself...

SR long sleeve T
Wouldn't there be copyright issues with the image?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <04-30-11/1127:06> »
I used to work for a silk screen company called Fashion Victim that did the licensed White Wolf apparel.  We did the Tim Bradstreet designed that added some red and trimmed the borders.

Some simple logo shirts would probably to quite well but in black.  SR, Knight Errant, Renraku and some other logos would rock.  White never sells. 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <04-30-11/1328:13> »

SR long sleeve T
Wouldn't there be copyright issues with the image?
Good question. I'm thinking that as long as you're not creating 50 shirts and selling them, it should be fine. But, then again, I am not a lawyer and could be totally wrong.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <04-30-11/1340:45> »
The primary issue is IP laws.  If the company knows about creation of items that infringes on it's IP, they have to take legal action in some way or else lose the IP.  (Or something to that matter.).

There are some ways around the issue, such as the disclaimer that provides for the legal creation of fan websites.  Actually, um, I think I found our answer right there.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #13 on: <04-30-11/1647:04> »
The primary issue is IP laws.  If the company knows about creation of items that infringes on it's IP, they have to take legal action in some way or else lose the IP.  (Or something to that matter.).

There are some ways around the issue, such as the disclaimer that provides for the legal creation of fan websites.  Actually, um, I think I found our answer right there.
As I said before, I may be totally wrong, but I see getting a one-off t-shirt that you made for personal use to be on the same level as getting a tattoo of something similar. I mean, my brother-in-law and I both have bat-symbol tattoos and Outrider45 has a nice Ghost Bear logo tattooed on his leg. Again, I may be totally wrong (and if I am, hopefully someone will let me know), but I don't see it as infringement as long as you're not trying to make money off it.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #14 on: <04-30-11/1953:54> »
It's the "Make Money" deal that's the issue.  I'm not saying it'd be wrong to get said tattoos or shirts or whatever, but would it be wrong to sell said services/items?

That's the point I'm trying to make.  The onus is not on the consumer, but the producer, be he tattooist, t-shirt maker, bumper sticker printer, whatever.

I don't know either.  Legalese makes my head hurt.  ...  More than usual.  As long as it's quiet enough that the company can "Prove" they "Did not know about the situation" they can keep their IP and not have to go C&D happy.  Hense a strong suggestion about not posting places where you could get such items on their official forums.   ;)

#ThisTaserGoesTo11