NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #510 on: <01-13-17/0225:19> »
Strictly speaking, if the character is valid aside from that, you can just open the file up in notepad and change the Created node to True on line 57 or so. I'll fix up the availability issue as soon as possible in the nightly builds.
...thanks, did that and it works.  Fortunately this is a non missions character I created for a home campaign. 

I'll keep using ver 187 for my Missions characters until the fix is in the general release as for Missions builds Advanced Lifestyle isn't used.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #511 on: <01-21-17/2219:11> »
Chummer Build 5.190.0 is now available.

This rollup-build is largely bug fixes again, but we have some new UI improvements that I'd like to go through. First off, we've now got a JSON Export option available for career mode characters, accessible through the Export option in the File menu. This allows exporting Chummer's 'print' data to third party services such as Roll20. For further details, please see this link.

We've also made it easier to report issues; if Chummer crashes, you'll see a 'Create New Issue' button. Clicking that link will open our issue tracker in your default browser, with some details pre-filled. As ever, if you have an issue or feature request the easiest way to get it noticed is to raise it as an issue on GitHub, but you can also contact us via Slack or here, of course. We do appreciate the submission of crash reports via the Crash Handler, but it is substantially easier for the team to collaborate and keep track of Github issues.

As a final note, I've received some complaints lately that quirks in Chummer's behaviour can cause corruption of characters, rendering them unusable. I've not seen this behaviour myself, but I can appreciate the frustration this could cause. If it happens to you, or anyone you're playing with, please contact me directly either here or via chummer5isalive@gmail.com and I will do the best I can to fix it in a timely manner.

Build 190

Application Changes:

- Fixed an issue with the Spirit Control that prevented all spirits from being available.
- Fixed an issue with Vehicle Mod pricing for drones with 0 BOD being charged as though their body was 2, rather than 0.5.
- Fixed missing Karma summaries for skills in Create Mode.
- Fixed an issue with Custom magical traditions.
- Fixed an issue with creating an Ally Spirit. Fixes #1308.
- Added logic to suppress some warnings about missing books for objects that don't have a Source entry.
- Suppressed an error when rendering the skills display.
- Fixed the configuration of the discountcost quality node to properly work for negative qualities and allow selecting Adept Powers for discounts.
- Fixed an issue with searching for qualities using both the text and numerical filters.
- Fixed a calculation issue with Armour Encumbrance that prevented Custom Fit (Stack) items from counting properly.
- Added support for critter powers to cost karma.
- Renaming an item will now prepopulate the current name.
- Added proper quantity listings for child items attached to gear, such as ammo in a duffel bag.
- Fixed an issue with checking character quality limits in Karmagen.
- Altered the LanguageManager GetString method to return the key string in case of failure. Should assist with troubleshooting language faults without causing hard crashes.
- Added a dropdown on the Character Info tab to set your character's left/right-handedness.
- Added the ability for characters to have multiple mugshots.
- Fixed an issue where integrated cyberware/bioware subsystems and the field to determine what subsystems can be added used the same set of XML tags. This also re-allows cyberware and bioware to come with integrated subsystems.
- Added the ability for cyberware/bioware to derive attributes from its children.
- Added the ability for cyberlimbs to count as more than one slot (e.g. liminal body counts as two slots for Legs).
- Corrected handling of Redliner for Liminal Body, especially Liminal Body Centaur.
- Fixed an issue where the cost of cyberware/bioware grandchildren subsystems had their costs ignored.
- Added code to prevent a crash if the PDF application/web browser has not been specified.
- Fixed an issue with Depth not updating properly when changing to and/or from a Depth-enabled metatype.
- Fixed the metatype cost label in the sidebar not updating properly when loading characters with non-karma build methods and creating characters in life module build methods.
- Fixed an issue with some Depth-linked improvements not being handled properly.
- Improvements now have a "target" member string.
- Optimized the improvement removal code for size, readability, and portability.
- Fixed the improvement for swapping the attributes of a skill. The results of such an improvement show up in the skill's dice tooltip.
- Added an improvement for the swapping of attributes of a skill for a particular specialization. The results of such an improvement show up in the skill's dice tooltip.
- Corrected the Condition Monitors of vehicles to use modified values for Body and Device Rating instead of only base values.
- Corrected the Speed and Handling of vehicles to use modified values for Body instead of only base values.
- Corrected the Device Rating of vehicles to be generated from Pilot rating instead of a base value of 3.
- Optimized away some leftovers from SR4a that were taking up CPU time and lines.
- Performed minor speed optimizations related to rounding of integer division results.
- Fixed a crash when creating a piece of cyberware at a rating above its maximum or below its minimum.
- Fixed some validation issues when moving a character to career mode if they own items that have built-in accessories or mods that exceed the availability limit.
- Fixed the behaviour of the Knowledge Skill custom Improvement type to properly load existing knowledge skills.
- Changed the VehicleMod class to properly have a Parent Vehicle for modding purposes. In practical terms, this prevents an issue with Drone Attribute modifications not having their minimum rating set to Attribute +1.
- Fixed the behaviour of the SelectSkill improvement to allow filtering based on multiple categories. Properly filters the behaviour of the Improved Ability power to not show Magical Active skills.
- Added a proof-of-concept Print-to-PDF functionality into the Print window. TODO: Progress bar for saving, configurable options for margins and such.
- Fixed an error that caused missing custom books to not show their code if the book was not found.
- Increased functionality for the Export Window; there is now a window shown that contains the exported text. You can copy this text directly into wherever you need to export it, rather than saving the file and exporting.

Data Changes:

- Added missing SpellCategory improvements for the various Spellcasting foci.
- Altered the Sense Link critter/spirit power to properly refer to SR5 instead of Street Magic.
- Added missing Depth minimums for all critters.
- Corrected missing Capacity for the Sensor Collar from Howling Shadows.
- Corrected machine pistols and submachineguns to not have Under mounts.
- Added a missing detonator cap gear item.
- Added missing restrictions for the Vampire and Sukuyan infected qualities.
- Re-added the Headware category to all cyberlimbs, per RAW.
- Removed the Radar Sensor gear item, as there's no RAW that Radar is a valid Sensor Function in 5th Edition.
- Corrected issues with the sourcebooks of the Keratin Control and Living Focus powers.
- Allowed Partial Cyberskull to receive the same cyberware subsystems as a full cyberskull.
- Liminal Body Centaur now comes with four full cyberlegs.
- Fixed the Dual-Natured critter power to provide access to Assensing.
- Fixed incorrect cost discount for the Astral Hazing quality.
- Vintage quality now properly doubles accessory cost and is mutually exclusive with electronic accessories.
- Peak-Discharge Battery Packs no longer appear in the list of available accessories for weapons that cannot use them.
- Added an item for an Optical Imaging Scope, just like how there is one for Optical Binoculars in the gear section.
- Improved Range Finder now properly requires a Smartgun accessory.
- Corrected Ammo Drone to come standard with a rating 2 Maneuvering Autosoft.
- Added a vehicle mod for the illegal Reloading Drone autosoft for reloading forbidden weapons that costs 250.
- Added an entry for a Smart Wig with an integrated Trode Net that costs 100 extra.
- Added an improvement for the Intimidation limit bonus for Voice Warper.
- Master Debater and Empathic Listener now have their effects represented in skill dice pool tooltips.
- Cybereyes and cyberears now come standard with Image Link and Sound Link respectively.
- Validated critters.xml against XSD style template, fixed an issue that caused sprites to not load.
- Fixed the ability for cyberlimbs to install Cosmetic Cyberware.
- Fixed missing Capacity values for LED Tattoos.
- Fixed an incorrect book and page reference for the Great Mother mentor spirit.
- Fixed page references for the AI metatype and variants.
- Added an additional Export method for the JSON format; this is intended to support integration with the Roll20 character sheet created by Darkxryo on Reddit's /r/Shadowrun. For further details, please see this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/5ok5qe/roll20_charactersheet_chummer_import
- Added support for using HTML in tooltips.  Currently only supported on labels, so not accessible by most user content yet.

Custom Content Additions:

- Added the Radar Sensor gear item into an optional file called custom_radarsensorfunction_gear.xml, as there's no RAW that Radar is a valid Sensor Function in 5th Edition. Copy into the Data folder to use this.
- Added an override file for preventing cyberlimbs from having Headware, called override_cyberlimbheadware_cyberware.xml. Copy into the Data folder to use this.

Sheet Changes:

- Added proper quantity listings for child items attached to gear in the basic Shadowrun character sheets.
- Added a section to the basic Shadowrun and Fancy Blocks character sheets for additional mugshots.

New Strings:

- String_SkillFilterNoSkillGroup
- String_SkillFilterBrokenSkillGroup
- String_ExpensePurchaseCritterPower
- Label_Handedness
- Label_MugshotDimensions
- Label_InitiativeDice

Changed Strings:

- Label_OtherIP

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #512 on: <01-22-17/1127:37> »
Wow! Thanks for all the hard work and continued effort on this.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #513 on: <02-26-17/0925:38> »
so i was building this character, and i noticed that after changing my priority selection, that i no longer had the spellcasting and other magical skills that a magician should have. So i tried to Reapply improvements and i almost immediately crashed.

any thoughts? i could rebuild him no problems, but the fact that the skills disappeared is a bug i thought you should know about

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #514 on: <02-26-17/0932:37> »
Not to double post but it wouldnt let me link 2 files, so my other character that i admittedly had been keeping paper notes for him and therefore havent opened in 2 or 3 revisions of the program, wasnt opening for me in v190.0. Gave me a unicode error. anyways, i managed to get it open by changing the UTF-XX number at the top of the character file from a 16, to a 8 and it opened fine. i made quite a few changes to the character no problems, but when i increased his magic score and went to play with his adept powers it immediately crashes and gives me a error that says 3 is not an appropriate value for value, value must be between minimum and maximum.

I tried opening the character in notepad and messing with the adept power section (or atleast anything that had a number 3 in it, which i did not touch the guid stuff, just his Increased Reflexes Adept Power) and nothing changed. i can open the character fine, i just cant touch the adept power tab.

he would be irritating to remake, but if i must i must. any thoughts for either of these guys?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #515 on: <02-27-17/0359:38> »
Magical skills disappearing after changing priority selection is a known issue; I originally wanted to be able to preserve your skill levels if you changed priority selection but didn't change your actual magical skills, but it may be better to just gut the improvements and reapply on accept. I'll have a ponder and see what I can do about it. I didn't have any problems reapplying the improvements though.

As for the Rend file, the adept power system and how it interacts with mentor spirit bonuses is progressively unravelling; I've got a branch that replaces it, but there are some issues with loading existing character that will require some more work to integrate a shim. As far as fixing that character goes, change the maxlevels for your Attribute Boost power to your MAG value; it's not exactly correct, but the onload behaviour isn't correct anyway so that's about the sum of it.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #516 on: <02-27-17/0648:03> »
ty

will try that, and i guess ill get to remaking the other character as well.

keep up the good work!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #517 on: <02-27-17/0709:43> »
Oh, right. Sorry, forgot to upload the fixes. Here you go.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #518 on: <02-27-17/1714:14> »
I just downloaded 5.191.27. I can't open one of my NPC character sheets from version 5.188.9 (I think). I tried rebuilding him in the version I currently have...and it won't let me add the Dracoform (Western Drake) positive quality. I select it, and nothing happens. No error, no crash, it just doesn't add the quality.

I have "ignore character creation rules" selected because he's an NPC, if that  makes any difference.

Edit: Same problem in the latest Nightly. Can't create infected characters either, crashes the program (this is from a friend, so I don't know the exact error that came up). Having problems adding several other qualities as well. Seems to be random. Sometimes one can be added, sometimes it can't. In short, Chummer 5 has become completely broken and unusable. Still can't send error reports either. Still getting the "there was an error while collecting crash information" message.
« Last Edit: <02-27-17/1744:11> by EiraHaexa »
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #519 on: <02-27-17/1842:51> »
Fixed in the latest nightly, one of the bonuses was written incorrectly. The character that failed to load has been fixed as well; the Platinum Skillsoft Network got renamed and our load logic was based incorrectly on the name.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #520 on: <03-06-17/1634:54> »
Came into a strange problem, its on my Technomancer, and when i try to increase his Resonance, it wont let me, the + is greyed out. and he has (had) more than enough karma to increase it. I got around it by subtracting the karma manually, and adding the increased Resonance via the Improvements tab. this is also the TM that has had the Compiling and Registering skills disappearing. cant link the file right this second but i will try later when im on my PC

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #521 on: <03-09-17/0910:30> »
Suddenly my Synaptic Booster (Rating 1) isn't adding to my character's Reaction attribute.  It displays as 4(4) when it should be 4(5).  My unaugmented Agility displays as 4(4), which is a little weird since I'd expect it to be simply 4.  He's Infirm (1) if that's somehow messing with attribute caps.  I attempted to attach my character's .zip file, but it was too large, but here are the stats from two different characters, both with Synaptic Booster (Rating 1), running on Chummer 5.191.27.  The Reaction bonus appears on one character but not the other.
« Last Edit: <03-09-17/1546:19> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #522 on: <03-09-17/1739:27> »
I'd need to see the sheet; we haven't made any noticeable changes to Infirm or the Synaptic Booster in some time, I certainly can't replicate any issues with it. Um. Infirm does drop your aug bonus by -4, which prevents the bonus from exceeding your modified metatype maximum. I guess upload the file to file.io or nya.is or something? Hell, even dumping the contents into pastebin would work.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #523 on: <03-10-17/1245:10> »
Uploaded it to nya, thanks.

https://u.nya.is/thkxtv.chum5
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #524 on: <03-10-17/2058:55> »
Oh, it's encumbrance from the Vashon Island jacket and your helmet. You have 6 points of Bonus armour, but you only have 3 Strength. If you hover your mouse over the attribute for REA, you'll see that you have REA (4), Synaptic Booster (1) and Armor Encumbrance (-1). That's why it doesn't just show as 4, because there are modifiers.