NEWS

Natural Healing!!!!!!!???

• 19 Replies

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <05-18-14/2349:56> »
While 5th Edition healing is admittedly WAY fast.

I'll take it over the old 1st table that was like 10 days for a "Light" wound or a month or more for a Medium one, IIRC.

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-13-14/0701:18> »
Wait, I know Resting is a limited extended test so you got 1 die less each roll, but injury penalties on recovery? Is that really the case?
We are wondering the same thing in my group as well. Is resting an Extended test or does "is handled as an Extended Test" mean you roll successes up to full healing, but don't loose dice. The example on p. 207 (right hand side box) suggests so.
Liber et infractus

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #17 on: <09-13-14/1456:14> »
Quote from: Core Book, page 170
Wound modifiers are applied to all tests not about reducing the number of boxes you’re about to take on your Condition Monitor (such as damage resistance, resisting direct combat spells, toxin resistance, and so on).

I believe the wound modifiers do apply to natural healing tests.  Which is good, since the game needs to be more dangerous, in my opinion.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Ursus Maior

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-14-14/1328:13> »
Well, that might be true. But then the example on p. 207 is wrong. Not that this would surprise me.
Liber et infractus

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #19 on: <09-15-14/0028:52> »
I will say this though: most of the tests that can add wound modifiers actually state that you subtract the wound modifiers from the test.  That's not the case with either of the natural healing tests.  So I'd say that wound modifiers do apply, but I'd be totally comfortable with this not being true.  Since the rules came from different sections, it's possible (even likely) that the contradiction was unintentional.  Perhaps there was an omission of text in the rule that I cited.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.