Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign and Conventions

Dragon*Con

(1/8) > >>

Bull:
So, some of you are at Dragon*Con this weekend! 

When you get home, let us know how it was!  Did you play Shadowrun?  How was it?  Post some pictures!  Share the con experience with us!

Critias:
Couldn't make it this year (between moving and tuition), but trust me...Dragon*Con is something that can't properly be shared over the internet.   ;D

Jackal:

--- Quote from: Critias on ---Couldn't make it this year (between moving and tuition), but trust me...Dragon*Con is something that can't properly be shared over the internet.   ;D

--- End quote ---

That makes Dragon*Con almost sound like a communicable disease.... which giving the cold I picked up at Gencon might not be far from the truth. :)

Critias:
As someone who's a multi-year veteran of both, I describe GenCon as a gaming convention, with costuming and celebrities on the side, at maybe a 4:1 ratio, and I describe Dragon*Con as, functionally, the opposite.  I'm the weirdo of the Cobra 21st Infantry -- http://www.cobracares.com/index.htm -- because I actually go play the RPGs and wargames and stuff.  A large percentage of D*Con's population just go there to mill around, look and (and show off) costumes, and sit in on the occasional panel.  And get very drunk.  The whole time.  Like, a buddy of mine walks around with a "mobile bar" backpack full of colorfully mixed drinks and just sprays alcoholic beverages into anyone who asks for some, drunk.  It's basically one giant costuming party with a few other things going on in a basement somewhere.

While it's (theoretically) possible to tell someone about all the cool games they played and stuff, that's such a small part of the D*Con experience that the best answer is, in my opinion a Google Image search.  It's a little like Mardi Gras that way.  You still won't get ALL the fun, but at least you'll get to see some fun...uhh...costumes.

Both D*Con and GenCon together, just a few weeks apart?  Makes for an awesome end to summer break, by the way.   ;D

FastJack:
I haven't been to Dragon*Con, but from everything I've seen, it's more of sci-fi/fantasy "industry" show than a gaming con. They get a lot of the big stars down there, way more than GenCon even dreams of.

Thing that's weird is that PAX is scheduled same weekend as Dragon*Con this year. That would probably skew the Critias' ratio even further away from the gamers this year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version