NEWS

New to hero lab need help.

• 11 Replies

GunDrake

• Chummer
« on: <09-16-16/1616:15> »
I bought herolab yesterday and I need to know how to temporarily change the build options to Sum to 12 or 1000 point buy. Can someone tell me how I do that?

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-16-16/1757:47> »
First you need to purchase the option that is buy the package that contains the options you want in your case its run faster from their website. Then in the intiial box (or by selecting configure hero) you need to click the sum to 10 system option in the section labelled "click to change hero settings" where you choose which options you want for that character. Once you've done that (I can give more details if needed but going by your post I think you've already got this part covered) you need to adjust what sum to X level you want.

To do this click on the personal tab then on the "add permanent adjustments" button at the bottom. From the list there of adjustments you can make to your character select "Character Creation Priority Points" and then "add and close". This will create an option in the permanent adjustments that should read "Character Creation Priority < 0 >". Adjust this to adjust your value e.g "Character Creation Priority < -5 >" will give you sum to 5 and "Character Creation Priority < +2 >" will give you sum to 12.

Same with changing your starting karma purchase run faster, select point buy option then in permanent adjustments select "Character Creation Karma" and type 200 in the resulting adjustmnet i.e. "Character Creation Karam < +200 >" and you'll have 1,000 starting karma to spend.
« Last Edit: <09-16-16/1800:31> by Senko »

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-16-16/1805:41> »
Thanks

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-16/0006:03> »
No problem it can be a bit confusing. I'm currently wrestling with the programming to make astral projection available to mystic adepts.

GunDrake

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-16/2146:20> »
I need more help how do I use Herolab to own a technocritter as a pet?

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-16/2227:05> »
All I can suggest is asking on the herolab forums or seeing if there's an animals/pets tab like there is a vehicles one as I've not bought that book.

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <10-09-16/0900:03> »
I need more help how do I use Herolab to own a technocritter as a pet?

You'll need the Howling Shadows data set to get a complete critter listing, but you should have the core critters with the base set.

Here's how you create a pet:

Open a new profile, go to the Type area, and select Critter/Spirit. This selection will allow you to start up a portfolio for a separate critter. On the Basic tab, you'll select the Heritage of the Critter you're making for a pet. In my example, the Critter Heritage is Dog. If you are adding augments to create a technocritter, you jump on over to the Augments tab, where you can add cyber, bio, and geneware. There's also an Armor tab, and others that can help in creating a useful technocritter.

Once you're done creating and saving your technocritter, if you want to add its portfolio to the portfolio of your character, all you have to do is load up your character first, and go to "Portfolio" in the top menu and select Import Hero from Portfolio, and it will allow you to add your technocritter in as part of your character!
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

dposluns

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-09-16/2348:27> »
No problem it can be a bit confusing. I'm currently wrestling with the programming to make astral projection available to mystic adepts.

What does that even look like, since Hero Lab doesn't have an "astrally projecting" state for the character (at least not one that I'm aware of)?

Very curious about this stuff. I've gone and done a couple adjustments (what I consider bug fixes) by duplicating existing items in the editor but it's all very arcane (not the the main UI is very user-friendly or anything).

Senko

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-10-16/0221:30> »
First off let me say this is just playing around for my own personal amusement not even a houserule (other threads have covered that so no need to post on it here). What I wound up doing was going to the  magic tab, copying the astral perception adept power (copy then manually enter the data on a new power because you can't actually "copy" it as it wont save) then instead of ticking the "astral projection" box in allow astral access and capabilities added menu's (they're under special abilities) tick astral projection instead.

On mine it looks like this

« Last Edit: <10-10-16/0226:26> by Senko »

Prof.Dogg

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-30-23/0910:19> »
So, does the paid version of SR6 in HeroLab include the Sum-to-eight creation option?

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #10 on: <05-10-23/1531:35> »
It does not. None of the SR6 books past the core book were ever entered, despite Lone Wolf still charging subscription fees all this time.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #11 on: <05-11-23/0331:50> »
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!