NEWS

Vampire PCs

• 81 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #45 on: <04-05-11/0306:06> »
I have to go with what Ozzy says:  "Vampires are f***in' pussies!  I'm the Prince of F***ing Darkness!"  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #46 on: <04-05-11/0328:43> »
I have to go with what Ozzy says:  "Vampires are f***in' pussies!  I'm the Prince of F***ing Darkness!"  :P

Does this prince of darkness sparkle in the sun too like the cuddly infested vampires? Whats next infested care bears?  lol

Sparkly vampires was a huge let down for the twilight series, that I agree with. I am not very fond of the way vampires are done in shadowrun, to be honest.

It sucks seeing Ozzie to the point of barely being able to remember his own name these days.
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #47 on: <04-05-11/0650:55> »
Whats next infested care bears?  lol
*cough* Drop Bears *cough*
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #48 on: <04-05-11/0654:01> »

I was waiting to see someone mention them. But, they don't shoot beams of light from their belly. Hence, not carebears.

I suppose you could use the Toxic rules to give them Elemental Attack (Radiation), emanating from their torso... Then you have Toxic-Infected Care Bears!

Someone is going to hurt me for providing the RAW for infected care bears, but it's funny.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <04-05-11/2208:35> »

I was waiting to see someone mention them. But, they don't shoot beams of light from their belly. Hence, not carebears.

I suppose you could use the Toxic rules to give them Elemental Attack (Radiation), emanating from their torso... Then you have Toxic-Infected Care Bears!

Someone is going to hurt me for providing the RAW for infected care bears, but it's funny.

No hurt from me.

In fact, +1 for RAW on HMVV Mutant Care Bears.... how can this be bad?  8)

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Chaemera

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <04-06-11/0624:46> »
Keep in mind that you would need to choose an additional toxic power to complete the "Toxic critter template", as each toxic critter gets two toxic powers (Running Wild, pg. 165). However, the secondary power might be best to vary, evil-carebear to evil-carebear, much the way the originals' abilities were different. If I remember my childhood correctly.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #51 on: <04-06-11/0928:58> »
Keep in mind that you would need to choose an additional toxic power to complete the "Toxic critter template", as each toxic critter gets two toxic powers (Running Wild, pg. 165). However, the secondary power might be best to vary, evil-carebear to evil-carebear, much the way the originals' abilities were different. If I remember my childhood correctly.
These are more like the 'I-Don't-Care-bears'

Very grumpy little bitches...

Phreak Commandment V:

Chaemera

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <04-06-11/1708:52> »
They care, they care very much. About spreading a plague to all the world.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <04-06-11/1858:48> »
They care, they care very much. About spreading a plague to all the world.
I don't think they would, actually.

Koalas are by nature have a very chilled 'don't mess with me, and I won't scratch your face off' mentality.

Seeing as Drop bears are only HMVV carriers, but still feed just on Eucalyptus leaves (not metahuman flesh or Essence, like vampires etc), I can't see why their mentality would change in this regard.

Even a Toxic version would likely be uncaring about spreading plague...that would just be a by-product of it sitting in its tree, stoned out on Eucalyptus fumes ;)

Phreak Commandment V:

Chaemera

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <04-06-11/2100:58> »
Even a Toxic version would likely be uncaring about spreading plague...that would just be a by-product of it sitting in its tree, stoned out on Eucalyptus fumes ;)

For clarity's sake, I must say toxic eucalyptus fumes. And besides, they are "drop bears", which are known for, well, dropping on people and eating them.

Quote from: Running Wild, pg 65
They are omnivorous, eating eucalyptus like ordinary koalas but also the flesh of animals. They don't hunt their prey, but they wait for it to come to them. Once a suitable victim appears underneath the branches of the tree the drop bear inhabits, it drops down and attacks with its claws.

To be fair, they sound lazy, but that doesn't mean they don't care;D

Sid

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <04-07-11/0104:40> »
IIRC, eucalypt leaves are fairly inefficient in terms of energy and nourishment, and adaptation to that is what makes koalas sluggish. I could only imagine drop bears being more active than that after digesting a good meal.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-07-11/0119:28> »
To be fair, they sound lazy, but that doesn't mean they don't care;D
Lazy, but prone to spontaneous fits of opportunistic violence. They really are Australian  :o

Phreak Commandment V:

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #57 on: <04-07-11/0408:46> »
What have I done with my infected care bears reference? It was like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. lol
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #58 on: <04-07-11/0937:37> »

These are more like the 'I-Don't-Care-bears'

Very grumpy little bitches...

More like the intensive-care-bears

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
« Reply #59 on: <04-07-11/1005:08> »
What have I done with my infected care bears reference? It was like trying to put out a fire with gasoline. lol

Bweare the drop-bear I-don't-care-bear stare.... it will be the last thing you see before waking up in intensive care.....

Phreak Commandment V: