NEWS

Wish List.

• 443 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #420 on: <10-21-12/1644:25> »
So... 25 BP to be able to shoot in melee without penalty, plus whatever maneuvers you take and the points for the gun skills, as opposed to 22 BP for Blades (Insert specialization here) 5(+2). Plus, melee targets impact armor, which most people tend to have less in than ballistic armor.

First off, Ambidextrous and the KM "Ready Weapon As Free Action" qualities are general utility options that would work just as well for a melee build, and I'd recommend them even for a melee build (Two Weapon Style is godlike against melee after-all), so shouldn't really be counted either way.

Now, if we're talking about just "break even" to not have a penalty to shoot at someone trying to melee you, it's only 5 BP. One "Reduce Melee Penalty by 1" quality causes the +2 Point Blank bonus and the newly-reduced -3 Shooting In Melee penalty to cancel each other out.

So, for 5BP you get no-penalty melee shooting, and 15BP (all three "Reduce Melee Penalty by 1" Advantages) gets you +2 dice for shooting in melee (+2 Point Blank, -0 Shooting In Melee).

And, as for hacking your smart-guns... that's why you use Skinlink. Always. On every gun, every time. Kinda like birth control.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #421 on: <10-21-12/1652:55> »
This has diverged very far from the thread topic, gentlemen.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #422 on: <10-21-12/1658:28> »

Whoops... so it has.

Not sure if it's worth splitting off into its own thread for further discussion, or if this side-rail has run its course. I'll leave that up to FastJack.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #423 on: <10-21-12/1709:43> »

For what it's worth now, I wouldn't mind seeing some more info on Hawaii. Jamaica would be pretty fun too, cause that way I could start out a run with phrases like, "SOMEWHERE ON THE ISLAND OF NEO-JAMAICA!" or "RASTAFARIAN CYBERZOMBIE PIRATES ATTACK YOUR SHIP!".

Failing that, a legendary FastJack redtext moment...

Whoops... so it has.

Not sure if it's worth splitting off into its own thread for further discussion, or if this side-rail has run its course. I'll leave that up to FastJack.

...phooie, i never get to see anything like that...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #424 on: <10-21-12/1738:41> »
There's information in The Clutch of Dragons about Naheka and his activities in Hawai'i. There's also an entry for Hawai'i in Sixth World Almanac.

Jamaica is one of the more interesting nations in the Caribbean League, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #425 on: <10-21-12/1835:08> »
Another wish list item: incorporating skimmer disk tech into personal vehicles, such as a hoverboard.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #426 on: <10-21-12/1841:47> »
Another wish list item: incorporating skimmer disk tech into personal vehicles, such as a hoverboard.

Nice!
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Twitchy D

• Omae
  • Paranoia is a survival trait.
« Reply #427 on: <10-21-12/1947:22> »
There's information in The Clutch of Dragons about Naheka and his activities in Hawai'i. There's also an entry for Hawai'i in Sixth World Almanac.

Jamaica is one of the more interesting nations in the Caribbean League, but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Well, that's one of three down. Now for saving up the cash to buy both of those books...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #428 on: <10-21-12/2126:43> »
There's a paragraph or two in the Caribbean League profile in 6WA, too.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #429 on: <10-22-12/0044:01> »
The 6WA is a darn handy touchstone for a bunch of stuff.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #430 on: <10-22-12/1230:59> »
There's a paragraph or two in the Caribbean League profile in 6WA, too.

IMO Cyberpirates, as one of my most favourite sourcebook, would help to understand the area. Still, as powerfull pirate clans had been in direct conflict with aztllan ever since, some upgrade would be nice...at least on La presidenta and Vibora relations ;)

Aelavel

« Reply #431 on: <10-23-12/0556:16> »
Maps & Minis would be nice, as well as maps FOR minis too ;)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #432 on: <10-23-12/1529:13> »
Maps & Minis would be nice, as well as maps FOR minis too ;)
I doubt this'll happen.  I found out once - back in the mid-90's - on a tour of Ral Partha just how much of an investment minis of any quality typically are.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #433 on: <10-23-12/2131:27> »
IIRC, Ironwind Metals has the rights to produce Shadowrun miniatures at this time. Given my druthers, I'd suggest teaming up with Reaper to make some 28mm scale Shadowrun minis, to fill in the gaps, rather than trying to produce them in house. Lets the professionals due their thing on eachend, right?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #434 on: <10-23-12/2148:31> »
IIRC, Ironwind Metals has the rights to produce Shadowrun miniatures at this time. Given my druthers, I'd suggest teaming up with Reaper to make some 28mm scale Shadowrun minis, to fill in the gaps, rather than trying to produce them in house. Lets the professionals due their thing on eachend, right?

Reaper are making some good mini's that can be used for Shadowrun.  Also, they are backing a Hell on Earth Miniture kickstarter, which should produce usable minis for shadowrun as well..
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P