NEWS

SR Fiction - Shaken: No Job Too Small

• 52 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <07-01-15/0923:42> »
While this book is scheduled to hit the streets July 08, a review is up on Diehard GameFAN:

Book Review: Shaken: No Job Too Small (Shadowrun)

Looks like Rusty has hit one out of the park...well done!! Now looking forward to finding the time to read my copy ;D

I_AM_ZHOUL!!!

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-01-15/0948:54> »
Please tell me it's not another Vampire book.... been way to skewed to Infected centered stories in the fiction so far. I want Dragons & Elves with guns.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-01-15/1454:11> »
The main character, James Kincaid (an elven PI), is from the novella, Neat.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #3 on: <07-03-15/0913:21> »
There have been exactly two Infected-centric novellas and one Infected-centric novel. I think a goblin shows up in Frost & Fire, but I'd hardly call things "Infected centered" in the fiction, all told.

That said...Jimmy Kincaid is an elf with a gun.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #4 on: <07-03-15/1249:45> »
There have been exactly two Infected-centric novellas and one Infected-centric novel. I think a goblin shows up in Frost & Fire, but I'd hardly call things "Infected centered" in the fiction, all told.

Although, to be fair to Mr Shouty-pants, there have been no Dragons with guns.   ;)
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-03-15/1942:52> »
Although, to be fair to Mr Shouty-pants, there have been no Dragons with guns.   ;)
Okay, yeah, you've got me there.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-03-15/2001:58> »
Patrick do you have any more fiction in the queue that we can look forward to?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <07-03-15/2030:49> »

Yet.

That said, if you want a dragon (well, dracoform) with a gun, you can always go read the Dragonheart Saga.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #8 on: <07-04-15/0559:25> »

Yet.

That said, if you want a dragon (well, dracoform) with a gun, you can always go read the Dragonheart Saga.

Yeah, but as much as I enjoyed the trilogy, Ryan Mercury is one of my least favourite characters ever.  Far too overpowered for my liking.
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-06-15/0327:15> »
Sweet! I'm just finishing catching up on the fiction; I finished the latest novel just a bit ago, and all I have left is Docwagon 19, which I'll have done a bit later. Glad to see I will have another book to read. So far I'm loving the stories.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-06-15/1411:41> »
Patrick do you have any more fiction in the queue that we can look forward to?
I'm trying to get Red Rain, the third Thomas McAllister story, hammered into shape but real life has delayed it. I've got a short story, "Thunderstruck," coming out Real Soon Now in the upcoming anthology A World of Shadows. There are a couple more things in the works that I'm not quite comfy talking about yet.

So yeah. Not as soon as I'd like, but yeah.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-06-15/2014:31> »
Anthology...liking the sounds of that ;D

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-12-15/1850:17> »
Digital edition released.

DTRPG

BattleCorps

;D

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <07-12-15/1929:06> »
« Last Edit: <07-12-15/1933:53> by Crimsondude »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #14 on: <07-12-15/2113:25> »
Woohoo!

I can't wait for folks to dig in and start reading it.  As always, feedback's welcome, I'm here for questions or comments, and all that good stuff!  I hope readers enjoy it!