TUX

Personal Data
Birth Name Gibson Hiro
Metatype Elf Ethnicity Japanese-American
Born 15 May 2055 (Age 25) Sex Male
Height 1.83 m  Weight 65.75 kg   

Priorities
Metatype D Attributes A Skills C Magic B Resources E

Notes: GM uses a House Rule where Adepts are purchased only with Magic B, C, or D. They start with Magic 6, 4, or 2 respectively.

Karma Expenditures
Starting Karma      50
Positive Qualities   8
Negative Qualities   -28
Attributes      40
Skills         25
Resources      5
Remaining      0

Attributes
Attribute Description.....Value....Attribute Description.....Value
Body5Essence6.00
Agility7Magic6
Reaction4 ( 7 )Initiative10 + 4d6
Strength5Matrix Initiative4 + 2d6 (Cold)
Willpower4Astral Initiative6 + 2d6
Logic3Composure10
Intuition3Judge Intentions7
Charisma6Memory7
Edge3Lift/Carry250 kg
SurpriseMovement10 m
Damage Resist0Defense Rating7 (Actioneer)

Core Combat Info
Primary Armor Actioneer Business Clothes
Primary Ranged Weapon: Ares Light Fire 75
Primary Melee Weapon Unarmed

Condition Monitor
Phys 12
Stun 10

Skills
Active Skill Name .....Specialization .....Rating .....Dice Pool
AthleticsGymnastics38
Close Combat16
Con28
Electronics02
Engineering02
FirearmsPistols613
Influence410
Outdoors02
PerceptionVisual36
Piloting06
StealthPalming18
Language and Knowledge Skills: English (N), Japanese (1); Fashion Industry, Security Procedures

Notes: GM uses a House Rule where a Athletics and Close Combat are Strength-based skills.

Qualities
Positive:
Ambidextrous
Built Tough (1)

Negative:
Honorbound (Bushido)
Impaired Attribute (Strength) [1]
Incompetent (Piloting)
In Debt [5]

IDs/Lifestyles/Currency
Primary Lifestyle: Low (One Month)
Nuyen: ¥100
Fake IDs / Related Lifestyles / Funds / Licenses
Mori Masayuki Fake SIN [Rt 4] w/ Fake License [Rt 4] (Corporate Courier)
Notes: GM uses a House Rule where a single License will cover everything reasonably related to a specific occupation.

Contacts
36 Points of Contacts - TBD

Contact's Name ..Contact Type ....Connection ......Loyalty .........
Andrew HansfordFixer43
Kenji TsukinoChauffeur34
Rei Shiawase-HinoFashion Exec61
Minako AinoMusician43
Michelle KaiohSupermodel43

Weapons
Ares Light Fire 75 Light Pistols (2x)
 w/ 4x Magazines (32x APDS caseless ammo each)
 w/ 4x Magazines (32x Stick-n-Shock caseless ammo each)
 w/ 8x Magazines (32x Explosive caseless ammo each)
 w/ 2x Concealable Holsters
 w/ 2x Special Silencers

Ares Predator VI Heavy Pistols (2x)
 w/ 4x Special Magazines (10x APDS caseless ammo / 5x Stick-n-Shock caseless ammo each)
 w/ 2x Quick Draw Holsters

Remington 900 Rifle
 w/ 30x Regular caseless ammo
 w/ Bipod, Silencer, and Internal Smartgun System

Throwing Knives (2x)

Walther Palm Pistols (2x)
 w/ 10x Regular caseless ammo
 w/ Concealable Holsters

Armor
Actioneer Business Clothes (+2 Def) w/ Chemical Resistance [2], Electricity Resistance [4]
Armor Jacket (+3 Def) w/ Chemical Resistance [2], Electricity Resistance [4]
Helmet (+1 Def)

Matrix Stats
Primary Device: Renraku Sensi (DR3; D2, F0, P1)
Secondary Device: Meta Link (DR1; D1, F0, P0)

Augmentations
None

Adept Powers
Adept Power ..Level ........PP Cost ......
Attribute Boost (Str)20.5
Combat Sense21.0
Enhanced Accuracy-0.5
Improved Reflexes33.0
Killing Hands-0.5
Wall Running-0.5

Other Gear
2x Credstick, Silver
2x Hidden Arm Slides (for throwing knives)
AR Gloves
Contacts [Rt 3] with Image Link, Smartlink
Earbuds [Rt 2] with Sound Link, Select Sound Filter [1]
Glasses [Rt 3] with Flare Compensation, Vision Magnification
Medkit
Meta Link Commlink
Rappelling Gloves
Stealth Rope (100 m) and Catalyst Stick
Subvocal Mic
Trodes
Yamaha Rapier Motorcycle with Manual Operation

Background
Imōto-san is very observant, I am indeed an elf and a half-gaijin one at that. I know this would make me less than welcome in Kyōto, but you are in Seattle now. We do things a bit differently here, Imōto-san.

Tanaka-sama has hired me, Imōto-san. You can trust me as you would trust him. My eyes see everything, my ears hear everything, but I won't remember anything you want me to forget. That's the part of my job that Tanaka-sama trusts me to be the best at.

Tanaka-sama has hired me to ensure that you can sleep easy. You're safe in my hands, Imōto-san. Nobody gets near you, and if they try, I'll remove them. I can do so as soft or as hard as you want.

I'll do anything you say, as soon as you say it, until the moment I say otherwise. When the music starts, that's when you'll do exactly as I say. If I say jump, you jump. If I say run, you run. When you're life is in danger, it's my dance.

Ah, here's the car, Imōto-san. Did you want to go to the Turbo-Kitty Store or Ice Cream Hut first?

Hiro Gibson was born and raised within the Shiawase Corporation corporation. Indeed, he's a fourth generation company man, his great-grandfather, Hiro Kuwabatake, had been a heavy equipment mechanic for Emori Shiawase's original power plant at the very start of Shiawase Atomics. The Kuwabatake's were a working class family and because they were elves, they never became full citizens of the megacorp. But they were hardworking and loyal. Hirdo's great-grandfather worked in the machine shop, his grandfather worked in the machine shop... Then came mother. Mother scandalized the whole family by having the temerity to be born a girl and the only child her parents ever had. Worse still, when they packed her off to university in the UCAS she married a gaijin! Bill Gibson was an gaijin, true, but he was also a loyal worker for Resha Corporation (a Shiawase subsidiary in the UCAS) so he eventually gained some respect from his in-laws. Despite his handicap, everyone pretty much assumed young Hiro would be some sort of skilled laborer or maybe even a low tier executive for the company too. However, early in his childhood, routine screening of kids in the company day care found that Hiro was magically active.

But, even as an one of the Awakened, Hiro showed the same dogged determination to be average that his forefathers had. His ancestors had been thoroughly "blue-collar" and in a sense, so was Hiro. He was a physical adept, but an unimpressive one: running faster, jumping higher, and hitting harder than any unaugmented human... But nothing truly outstanding in terms of magical talents or aptitudes. But that was just fine for Shiawase, they trained him on how to throw a punch, how to pull a trigger, how to scare away the paparazzi and the SINless, and how to jump in front of a bullet if needed.

In his role of bodyguard, his elven metatype and half-gaijin ancestry actually became something of an asset. For reasons that baffle most Japanese, Americans and Europeans seem to find elves fashionable and exotic. Hiro was skilled as a bodyguard, charming enough to hold up his end of a conversation with protectees, and fashionable enough to blend in with a high society crowd... But not too much, least his role as a deterrent be compromised.

Eventually, Shiawase started assigning Hiro to "preemptive protection" missions, Hiro would be sent to assist teams made of other "special assets" and "independent contractors" when extracting executives from rival corporations or transporting secure data. After a few such missions, Hiro realized how lucrative the work could be and started pulling some freelance jobs on the side.

Stoic and professional when "on the job" Hiro also a fun loving and jovial charmer when "off the clock." Though he loves to fight, he loves a good party even more. He has a "big brother" instinct that was nurtured and encouraged during his youth, which let him develop a deep connection to his protectees. Now that he runs the shadows, he tends to treat his teammates the same way. Hiro works hard and plays hard. Once he has accepted a job, he never waivers from completing it. Hiro is a consummate professional and expects the same of those he works with.

Updated 28/10/2019: Minor math fixes and equipment tweaks.
« Last Edit: <10-29-19/0158:53> by Ajax »
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Bishophawk

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <10-27-19/2141:27> »
Cool character love the background, just one question. Why did you put low light on your contacts when elves have it naturally?

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <10-27-19/2252:19> »
Cool character love the background, just one question. Why did you put low light on your contacts when elves have it naturally?

LOL, I did that out of sheer force of habit. I try to make sure all of my characters have the same set of vision enhancements (be it from cyberware or gadgets), so it's just become a sort of "muscle memory" to add it. Guess that will free up a little bit of cash.

Bishophawk

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-28-19/0435:37> »
Lol understand been there,  you could go with thermal vision, have the best of both worlds.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <11-09-19/1856:17> »
I was re-reading the Remington 900's rules just now when I noticed it cannot mount underbarrel accessories. None. Nada. Zilch.

Of course, this makes not a lick of sense, given that the Remington 900 is and always has been just a Remington Model 700 tarted up for Shadowrun and bipods are damn near ubiquitous on those these rifles in the real-world.

Gonna have to talk to my GM about this.