NEWS

{SR4} Rigger adept skills help

• 5 Replies

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« on: <03-03-17/0803:54> »
Hey guys,

Currently making a rigger adept who is a parapelgic thanks to an accident on an earlier run.

Possibly going to be infected as well but not sure yet waiting to see if the GM who takes over from me is ok with it.

Things I want help with are what are the key skills required for a rigger and are their any adept powers that benefit a paraplegic rigger?

Also what programs and equipment (other than drones of course) are needed to play a good rigger?

Not looking to power game just looking to play a theme.

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-03-17/0900:16> »
You're not a rigger unless you have a control rig. An RCC is helpful too.
Electronics[Sensor Ops] 6[+2] Your drones/vehicle sensors will substitute for Perception Tests.
Gunnery[Ballistic] 6[+2] Remember to add a hidden weapon mount to your vehicle.
Pilot Groundcraft[Wheeled] How much you invest in it depends on your REA and what level of Control Rig you have.
Pilot Aircraft How much you invest in it depends on your REA and what level of Control Rig you have.
Engineering SG 1, you should have high logic plus tools etc so it don't need to be supper high.
Any skill points after that depends on what you want to bring on the table for your group.

Since your limiting the amount of places you can go, might want to consider being a rigger/decker and sit in the van primarily.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <03-03-17/0907:03> »
Or they can use that Transys Steed which is basically a wheelchair or Dustoff drone from bullets and bandages that flies

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-03-17/0942:12> »
Or they can use that Transys Steed which is basically a wheelchair or Dustoff drone from bullets and bandages that flies

But he's playing 4e.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

lord_shadow_666

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-03-17/1036:51> »
Quote from: Pap Renvela
You're not a rigger unless you have a control rig. An RCC is helpful too.
Electronics[Sensor Ops] 6[+2] Your drones/vehicle sensors will substitute for Perception Tests.
Gunnery[Ballistic] 6[+2] Remember to add a hidden weapon mount to your vehicle.
Pilot Groundcraft[Wheeled] How much you invest in it depends on your REA and what level of Control Rig you have.
Pilot Aircraft How much you invest in it depends on your REA and what level of Control Rig you have.
Engineering SG 1, you should have high logic plus tools etc so it don't need to be supper high.
Any skill points after that depends on what you want to bring on the table for your group.
Was looking at going groundcraft {walker} and having all of my drones as walkers so they can go everywhere with the group as I was not looking at taking many arieal drones. Around the table when I am playing we will loose our shaman and have a chatty face and 2 combatants.

Since your limiting the amount of places you can go, might want to consider being a rigger/decker and sit in the van primarily.
When it comes to getting around I will find something to use for transport so I can always be with the group. but that is a consideration.

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-03-17/1250:24> »

But he's playing 4e.
the steed is in 4e and the dustoff has stats for sr4e
« Last Edit: <03-05-17/0936:46> by Rooks »