NEWS

Welcome!

• 772 Replies

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #615 on: <09-09-14/2230:57> »
Welcome, Frosty. Poke around. Enjoy yourself.
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #616 on: <09-10-14/0121:41> »
For instance, with the 5e rules I find myself trying to seriously come up with a proper concept and backstory for a troll decker.

Go ahead, laugh.

Hey, no laughter here.  If you're not going for an optimized build, a Troll is actually a decent character to create, in part because your defensive physical attributes start out pretty good.  And the main decker contact in Pananagutan is a troll.  After all, while playing to archetype is fun and effective, playing against is fun and interesting...

Welcome.  Have fun, don't tease CanRay.  ;)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #617 on: <09-10-14/0746:40> »
great.. another fraggin' dragon

;D Welcome Frosty! Wander our digital hallways, ask questions, have fun, and remember: Don't mess with Bull. Mess with Can Ray all you want, though. ;)

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #618 on: <09-10-14/0811:18> »
I resemble that remark...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #619 on: <09-17-14/2228:05> »
For instance, with the 5e rules I find myself trying to seriously come up with a proper concept and backstory for a troll decker.

Go ahead, laugh.

Hey, no laughter here.  If you're not going for an optimized build, a Troll is actually a decent character to create, in part because your defensive physical attributes start out pretty good.  And the main decker contact in Pananagutan is a troll.  After all, while playing to archetype is fun and effective, playing against is fun and interesting...

Welcome.  Have fun, don't tease CanRay.  ;)

Yes, in my groups current game, I am playing a Troll Mystic Adept(uneducated, but with hard-capped logic), and the character is a very interesting character to play. Really does not like the other troll in the group(who is Logic 1 or 2, and really plays up the 'not too bright' aspect. Routinely tells that troll that it is trolls like her that give us all a bad name!)

highjumper

• Newb
« Reply #620 on: <09-27-14/0339:04> »
I see people are already signing up--welcome to the forums! I think this is great, and we are going to have a good time. More info here. Have fun, and talk lots about Shadowrun! If there's any way we can make the forums work better for you, please let us know!

Jason H.

Hi! I only recently got into table top gaming, got a group of friends that I've been gaming these past few weeks and we're looking to eventually get into some Shadowrun 4e soon. I'm a complete noob but thoroughly enjoying it though. Looking forward to posting and discussing shadow stuff. 
« Last Edit: <08-27-16/0144:23> by highjumper »

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #621 on: <09-27-14/1106:47> »
welcome highjump! Just remember, "Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon." and you guys will be fine.

Welcome into the fold!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #622 on: <09-30-14/1943:34> »
Guten Abend, chummers.

We here at Saeder-Krupp have been watching you all for a very long time, and it has recently been decided that it was time to begin interacting with you in a more... direct manner.

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Herr Brackhaus, but you may call me... Herr Brackhaus.

I look forward to the beginning of what I am certain will be a very profitable relationship indeed.

Auf Wiedersehen.

Dr Adder

• Newb
« Reply #623 on: <10-04-14/0528:37> »
Hi,

i'm new to Shadowrun, and i am still creating my first Runner.
After a few posts, it is clear for me we gonna play with SR4-20th, cos' the GM prepares a vintage 2nd or 3rd ed campaign ( even the name is a secret !?).

I like the friendly ambiance of the site !  8)

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #624 on: <10-10-14/1601:31> »
Welcome aboard and into the shadows!  8)

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #625 on: <10-13-14/1646:19> »
Hey, been a lurker for about a year or so, finally getting around to join. I have made three characters for 5th (no older editions), played both Returns and Dragonfall, and read some of the books. Current Character is blade adept with some B&E skills, but good God don't ask him to talk for the group, or you will be sorry (Cha 1 and Uncouth good times I swear!).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #626 on: <10-22-14/2230:29> »
Sounds like your well on your way - enjoy the shadows! 8)

One of my old characters would have been a blade mystic adept under the current system - I've always liked the mix of blades and magic. Good choice!  ;D

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #627 on: <10-22-14/2253:43> »
In ShadowRun Returns through both campaigns I had Mystic Adepts focusing mostly on melee. I came into this game with a strong background in D&D 3.5/Pathfinder, which I love the system, but main game kind went temporarily on hiatus. I picked SR 5 with some other friends as a place holder/second game. Current game is going great, love my character, our party is fun, and our GM is good at rolling with our collective insanity. I will say this though, I share may of the posters concerns/frustration with the current rules and this edition's editorial quality of the printed material. I will also state that I most likely not being picking up another hard copy because my core book is less than a year old and one page has fallen out, with others trying to do the same. Now, to counter, I love that eBooks get free updates, at least through drivethoughrpg. So I will gladly support SR5 through them.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Charo

• Newb
  • Baby Runner
« Reply #628 on: <12-18-14/1005:04> »
Hey all. I'm green as.....um..........green paint, and have come here mostly because I enjoy talking about games when I'm not playing them. I've been playing tabletops for a bit under a decade now, and I first started gettingbinto into Shadowrun when I got Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall on Steam. About a month ago, I found a garage sale selling most of the 4e vooks for a cheap price, so I picked them up, and just two weeks ago I joined a group playing Shadowrun (4e) on Roll20.
Tres Ojo

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #629 on: <12-18-14/1135:56> »
Welcome Charo!  Any relation to the chicky-boom chicky-boom lady?  :P

The Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall games have drawn what seems like a ton of people into the game.  That's great press!  And if you have any questions about the game, setting, etc. you've definitely come to the right place.  :)
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.